New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• DopeSpaghetti
    DopeSpaghetti Posts: 2 Member
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    I approve of the new packaging--I can't stop looking at it. We'll see about the product--I agree, @Francl27 , Arctic Zero always tasted like gross water ice to me...

I only ever had the chocolate peanut butter Arctic Zero and yeah, you're right on the money; it's basically just water ice.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Saw this on display in Giant and couldn’t resist. I wasn’t impressed. Doesn’t feel like “craft” ramen by any means and I think they went too heavy on the seaweed. Won’t be buying again
    9ne41d9razy8.jpeg
  • jordandills
    jordandills Posts: 103 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    P.S. maybe it’s just me, but I really enjoy dipping these in coffee ;)

I loved these dipped in coffee! Especially the snickerdoodle ones.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Saw this on display in Giant and couldn’t resist. I wasn’t impressed. Doesn’t feel like “craft” ramen by any means and I think they went too heavy on the seaweed. Won’t be buying again

I dont see any seaweed haha. On a side note, pre-packaged soups are absolute garbage IMHO. Never had one that would be even acceptable.

I'm with you on that. I find it all disgusting.

I did like the Knorr brand in France that came in cartons, but that was 15 years ago and who knows how it tastes now.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Free kind bar and power crunch quest etc https://www.kindsnacks.com/protein

Wow, I already got my free bars! I picked red velvet Power Crunch and they sent me a crunchy peanut butter Kind protein bar to go with. B)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    hdl7x7fz3rm9.jpg
    paqcthy1d1d4.jpg

Any expected release date on these??? Do you know if their existing flavors will all be discontinued? The peanut butter swirl was actually fantastic I sort of hope they don't get rid of it!

/looks again
    /record scratch

Wait...*two* grams of protein per serving? *Eleven* grams of sugar!? Oh, *kitten*, no...those macros are awful!

Here's why the protein is low and sugar is higher than other brands from the CEO. The macros aren't that awful, acutally :)

https://www.foodnavigator-usa.com/Article/2018/01/21/Arctic-Zero-debuts-light-ice-cream-with-milk-and-cream-at-the-Winter-Fancy-Food-Show

My definition of "good macros" is 10 g of protein per 100 calories. (I run a lot, so I need a decent amount of protein.) I will eat food with less than that, of course, but it's a goal.

If folks aren't concerned about sugar intake for medical reasons (like I am), and don't need a lot of protein, then these do fit the bill, and I hope they are successful. This just won't be my go-to ice cream.

I don't think there are any "high protein" ice cream brands with 10g of protein per 100 calories.

At least not any that you'd want to eat.
  • Francl27
    Has anyone tried these?

Godiva-Pudding-HR-600x400.jpg

I like making my own pudding but it's often difficult on my PoS electric stove, so I was curious about those.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Free kind bar and power crunch quest etc https://www.kindsnacks.com/protein

Wow, I already got my free bars! I picked red velvet Power Crunch and they sent me a crunchy peanut butter Kind protein bar to go with. B)

It was suppose to show kind is better but I liked the power crunch bar a lot more than the kind bar LOL.
  • Francl27
    Pardon the bad picture, but Taco Bell’s new $1 nacho cheese fries are everything this world needed. 10/10 so good!!!!
    xjn3clgsxazm.jpeg

So I hear. Might have to try them.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited January 2018
    Interesting thing I came across. I would love to try these if they weren't so insanely expensive.... http://www.elementbars.com/Endurance/Build-Custom-Endurance-Bars.aspx
    https://thebarshack.com/custom-bars/custom-gourmet-protein-bars

Would be awesome to be able to make my own flavor bars and have exactly what I want in them. Kind of fun to make your own flavors. But I'd only buy them if a box was 20 max. I know I could just make them myself....but I am lazy lol.
  • Francl27
    In addition to the new Haagen-Dazs trio flavors that are coming out, I saw a few other new flavors on their website: banana peanut butter chip, honey salted caramel almond, and midnight cookies and cream. They're also coming out with dulce de leche cookie squares and vanilla cookie squares. Besides the new trio flavors, I'm most looking forward to the honey salted caramel almond ice cream, though the others sound interesting too.

HD_WebBowls_BananaPBChip_540x633_0.jpg
    HD_WebPintCurl_HnySaltCarmAlmond_553x562.jpg
    HD_WebCookieSq_DulceDeLeche_Square_553x562.jpg

I want to try the squares!

But of course, if it's like the caramel truffle flavor, I'll never find them.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    These were the last flavor I had yet to try. Probably my least favorite but still extremely delicious! The only thing that bothers me is I can’t tell if it has erythritol giving it a slightly weird taste or if it has some sort of ginger spice in it... tastes more like a ginger snap than snickerdoodle in my opinion. Still, I’d buy it again!
    5sit5ogma283.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    These were the last flavor I had yet to try. Probably my least favorite but still extremely delicious! The only thing that bothers me is I can’t tell if it has erythritol giving it a slightly weird taste or if it has some sort of ginger spice in it... tastes more like a ginger snap than snickerdoodle in my opinion. Still, I’d buy it again!
    5sit5ogma283.jpeg

Gingersnap are my favorite cookie omg. I need to buy these. I checked but GNC didn't have them and either did the vitamin shoppe by me :(
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried these?

Godiva-Pudding-HR-600x400.jpg

I like making my own pudding but it's often difficult on my PoS electric stove, so I was curious about those.

I had the dark chocolate and thought it was disgusting. It was more instant/artificial tasting that Jell-o instant pudding. If you make your own pudding you will be greatly disappointed in these. I had high hopes because I do like Godiva but this doesn't even do justice to it.
  • ljashley1952
    ljashley1952 Posts: 273 Member
    Not a food product. For me, it's my Instant Pot. I am learning to use and love it! I made Chicken Tika Masala from a new Indian instant pot recipe book I bought. I love Indian food (actually I love many ethnic foods). Spooned over 1/2 cup of short grain brown rice it came to about 300 calories.
  • ashley52601
    ashley52601 Posts: 42 Member
    Has anyone tried the carrot cake or cardamom almond butter flavors of Tillamook ice cream? Have to say I'm tempted... for some reason I'm not able to post a picture from my phone but here's a link to their website. https://www.tillamook.com/products/ice-cream.html#,special-batch