Wow - That had how few calories ?!!?

Replies

• h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    Heck chicken sausages. Unreal for the calories 99 calories for two
    I'm in the UK. Not sure which other countries sell them.
    https://www.heckfood.co.uk/product/chicken-italia-chipolatas

WHAT !!!! ..... I ate a meagre 3 Tesco chippolatas yesterday that whacked in at 300kcal !!!!! ....... looks like I need to change brand to Heck Chicken !
  • Eelkov
    Eelkov Posts: 88 Member
    oil free pita bread
    Hmmm never heard of that... very cool...

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    h1udd wrote: »

WHAT !!!! ..... I ate a meagre 3 Tesco chippolatas yesterday that whacked in at 300kcal !!!!! ....... looks like I need to change brand to Heck Chicken !

Web search say that their nutritional values appear to be for GRILLED. Most nutritional values are for raw product. My spide-y senses are tingling. Could be sour grapes 'cause I'm sure they're not available in Canada; but, I suspect that there might be some fine print about how exactly you must grill them to get that low caloric value... Tesco/other sausages are probably for raw product... (just as with bacon the more fat you render the lower the calories for the edible portion...)
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    edited January 2018
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    h1udd wrote: »

Web search say that their nutritional values appear to be for GRILLED. Most nutritional values are for raw product. My spide-y senses are tingling. Could be sour grapes 'cause I'm sure they're not available in Canada; but, I suspect that there might be some fine print about how exactly you must grill them to get that low caloric value... Tesco/other sausages are probably for raw product... (just as with bacon the more fat you render the lower the calories for the edible portion...)

Must be different in Canada, in the UK I've never seen a brand of sausages that didn't say for grilled or prepared.
    No fat comes out at all when you cook them, there chicken breast so that is why they are lower calories.

Ahhh, chicken breast! Must be nice :blush:

I can't say that I buy sausages often enough to have a large sample; but I haven't noticed them mentioning grilled / cooked for the ones I've bought (locally) before!
  • anyWendy
    anyWendy Posts: 97 Member
    Eelkov wrote: »
    Bacon!

whaaaa?

I'm kinda with you on the bacon. I can eat a few slices and it doesn't even throw off my breakfast. I just need to think of it as primarily a source of fat rather than protein, and avoid eating it in bulk.

If I routinely ate 150g of bacon (like I do with baked chicken breast almost daily), I'd probably think differently.
  • icemom011
    icemom011 Posts: 999 Member
    Regular and sweet potatoes, squashes, veggies in general, fish, caviar.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    I recently bought ham and was surprised how lean it was.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Deli sliced lunch meat. Fish. Shrimp. Greens. Puffed wheat and puffed rice cereals. Almond and cashew milks. Pizelles, my new cookie of choice.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    cantaloupe!
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Grilled cheeses. I can make a bomb grilled cheese for less than 200 calories.

Low calorie bread and a slice of cheese. Omg. And to be really decadent pair it with tomato soup!