Unhealthy Coping Habits

Replies

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    *kitten*, eat my feelings, and shop.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited January 2018
    Repression until you crack/explode is my unhealthy coping mechanism.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    I sit in my garage with a package of cream puffs, eating all except for 2, even knowing I have a party coming up. *kitten* those guys.
  • KyleGrace8
    KyleGrace8 Posts: 2,205 Member
    Lately I've been falling back into eating sweets and hella nuts.

In the past it would be a bit of everything. Party hard, get into mischief, eat too much or not enough. Smoke too much fun grass every day of my waking hours. Sleep 14 hours a day. Listen to the saddest, most depressing music.
  • NenaPunPun2241
    NenaPunPun2241 Posts: 73 Member
    I will either not eat or binge with junk food
    Depending on the night I’ll go out with a friend and drink my emotions away
    None of those are good and I’ve been good about changing them
    Haven’t done any of that in months
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    When I’m depressed I like to listen to the saddest music I can find until I’m so depressed I’m ready to eat a gun.

When I’m physically traumatized my entire body shuts down and I will nap for hours on end.

When I am stressed or overwhelmed I will binge eat garbage.

What are some of your unhealthy coping mechanisms?

All of the above, but no gun eating.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    I shut everyone out and go silent. I'll find sad quotes on Pinterest and think how they were written just for me!
    Carbs. I eat all the mutha *kitten* carbs. Sadly, I yell at my kids to clean the garbage dump they made out of my house.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    I like to play Grand Theft Auto and cause absolute mayhem
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    edited January 2018
    Sometimes I'm like a Houdini. I just disappear from people's lives. It honestly is a case of "It's not you, it's me."

Go into 'pissed off at the world' mode. I feel like I'm on an emotional war path. I reallllllly hate this one.

I used to drink myself stupid. I'm really glad I do not do that anymore.

If all else fails sit on my *kitten*, shove food into my face. Feel shame, regret, disgust, eventually lather, rinse, repeat. I really hate this one too. :confounded:
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Cleaning my house helps me cope and take my mind off things. That would not be "unhealthy" except I use so much bleach I nearly pass out from the fumes.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Eat which bad for me because I don't want to get morbidly obese again.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    I do live webcam shows of me crying and charge a fee to watch. The money I receive makes me not depressed anymore. Money can't buy happiness my *kitten*.
  • kesirko
    kesirko Posts: 7 Member
    I become a total hermit when I'm sad or depressed. Which has the effect of making me forget how to socialize with people. Which has the effect of making me feel incredibly awkward when I finally force myself to join the human race again.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    When I’m depressed I like to listen to the saddest music I can find until I’m so depressed I’m ready to eat a gun.

When I’m physically traumatized my entire body shuts down and I will nap for hours on end.

When I am stressed or overwhelmed I will binge eat garbage.

What are some of your unhealthy coping mechanisms?

All of the above, but no gun eating.

I used to drink, like...a lot. Like...too much. Went through some changes to correct that, and while most alcoholics can't drink without going overboard, I still like to dull the senses at times with a few beers or one good three finger pour of scotch. No long term adverse effects.