Unhealthy Coping Habits

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Naps. I take naps.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I like to take any emotion I feel, push it deep down inside where it belongs, and then let it out by using misplaced humor or yelling at the TV

My F'in theme song. :(

https://youtu.be/gpyRI1j9t6c
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    Naps. I take naps.

Yep. Sleep away reality. Escape into my dreams.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    • Drink away my feelings.
    • Stop eating (I overeat when I'm actually content, not depressed).
    • Curl up and nap with my cats to excess.
    • Stop taking care of myself. Showers are for people who give a damn.
    • Kinda start neglecting other people around me.
    • Walk excessively (we're talking 3+ hours at a time)
    • Obsessively clean.
    • Get angry.. really angry. Explode on people who don't deserve it.
    • Live off diet of no-sugar sodas and wafer cookies.
    • Play Skyrim and/or Minecraft.. even though I've played them multiple times before to completion.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    When I feel like the odds are stacked against me I head down to Costco and buy a rotisserie chicken and eat it in the car with my bare hands.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Pr0n/Self-entertainment.
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Shut down
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    I log on Facebook and look for sanctimonious relatives to have an imaginary debate with. And I destroy them. Then I realize I'm lightheaded and haven't eaten in awhile.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Oh, I forgot to add:
    • Copious amounts of binge shopping on Amazon for stuff I don't need.
  • juliedesabrais
    juliedesabrais Posts: 293 Member
    When depression hits me I often lock myself in my room and cry. Sometimes over nothing at all! And cry for hours until my face swells up. Not cute. Or I smoke too much pot and forget a whole 24 hours. (Don’t do that kids, bad idea). I will binge eat HORRIBLY for hours on end which is how I got to be 210 pounds at my highest weight (I’m only 5’2). Now I’m 163. I mean I’ll shovel food in there. Anything I could get my hands on. Or well, I used to. Not anymore.
    Depression sucks! Brings out the worst in a lot of us.
  • CharlesS6730
    CharlesS6730 Posts: 119 Member
    I go the range and then after I get depressed because I blew too much money on ammo. Then I go home and get out the guitar and play until my fingers bleed.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Ive driven twice to the Smoky Mountains (7 hours) and hiked for a couple days. But maybe that wouldnt be considered unhealthy. Ive also ran all night and let the pain out in the middle of nowhere.
  • CharlesS6730
    CharlesS6730 Posts: 119 Member
    I go the range and then after I get depressed because I blew too much money on ammo. Then I go home and get out the guitar and play until my fingers bleed.

Archery!

Its funny. I bought a couple of 9mm pistols because the ammo is cheaper hahaha. I should take up archery again. I used to have fun doing it.