Unhealthy Coping Habits

Replies

• Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    I drink to shift my mood or to calm down or to stop obsessing about whatever is bothering me.

Make random choices and force myself to deal with the consequences, to distract and/or punish myself. Give myself another problem to deal with basically.

Don't eat when I hate myself, or feel like I need control over something.
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    read thru this whole thread does no one even do drugs anymore or are we just not sayin

My last ditch coping mechanism
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    read thru this whole thread does no one even do drugs anymore or are we just not sayin

Used to smoke a *kitten* ton of pot (until I started to get paranoid) and (not at the same time as I was a stoner) take sleep meds and pretend I was sick and sleep for days...one week was the longest I spent in bed drugging myself
  • MigsMex
    MigsMex Posts: 52 Member
    I might eat to much chocolate :/:#
    This!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    MichSmish wrote: »
    I eat copious amounts of food (mostly sweets), I withdraw and hide from people and the outside world.

This is me. I'm never going to drown my sorrows in apples or oranges (I wish!) It's usually whatever tasty, yummy, orgasm in your mouth sweets I can find. :blush:
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Oh, I forgot to add:
    • Copious amounts of binge shopping on Amazon for stuff I don't need.

Totally. Retail therapy is way too easy online.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    BR_549 wrote: »
    I watch Dr. Phil and think "Hell, at least I'm not like those people" and I feel all better.

I watch C-SPAN and think the same thing.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    I'm coming down from my weekend marathon endorphin high, lack of sleep due to soreness, and post race calorie gorge. Today is going to be difficult
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    I come to MFP and troll.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    I aggressively easy cheese

For the amount of cheese I consume that would make me chronically depressed!!

Idk how to respond to this

s411czu9qx7p.png
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Whiskey. Riding motorcycles at well over 100 on public roads. I'm sure there's more.
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Whiskey. Riding motorcycles at well over 100 on public roads. I'm sure there's more.

Same
  • mybfisred
    mybfisred Posts: 1,388 Member
    Avoidance ...avoid life in general...unless it's food...or wine
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYM-RJwSGQ8