Salad Dressing

2»

Replies

• I also like Skinny Girl, all of them actually very tasty and low in calories:)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited January 2018
    Vinegars. Mix with mustard or olive oil or both or just use some good quality balsamic on its own. Lots of super easy options.

I also like including various pepper sauces (on their own or in a mix) and making a spicy Asian dressing with lime juice, soy sauce, and sriarcha. Excellent for salads based more on cucumbers and/or tomatoes or other non-lettuce-based salads.

I don't get not using dressing unless you really don't care for them; it's easy to make a very low cal dressing, and even when I use olive oil (which is usually) I just use a small amount, you don't need nearly as much as in a traditional vinaigrette.
  • kazie1206
    kazie1206 Posts: 21 Member
    You can also try squeezing fresh lemon and lime on your fresh greens with a touch of salt and pepper. When I first was told to try, after an eye roll (extra, extra ranch loving girl here), I was really surprised how tasty and refreshing the salad was. Especially the lime if you have avocado in your salad.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Kimma41 wrote: »
    Looking for salad dressing ideas? What brands? Which ones taste good?

Walden Farms makes tons of calorie-free dressings

You missed the bit where she asked "Which ones taste good"
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Bernstein's Light Cheese Fantastico. I add extra fresh garlic and some balsamic vinegar. Very low cal and yummy. Aside of that I make alot of my own but for commercial that's the one I would pick.
  • ms_havisham
    ms_havisham Posts: 42 Member
    One of my favorites is walnut oil, orange zest, a little orange and lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mixing and matching different oils with different acids is a great way to keep it interesting. It works for marinades and pasta/rice/ grain dishes too.
  • Elle_Marie_Fit
    Elle_Marie_Fit Posts: 138 Member
    edited January 2018
    I mash avocado with EVOO, sea salt, black pepper, squeezed lemon juice, & minced red onions. Then I add a bit of water to thin it out. I really enjoy it. (This is great if you are increasing healthy fat intake.)
  • ashley52601
    ashley52601 Posts: 42 Member
    Trader Joe's has several delicious options in their refrigerated section with reasonable calorie counts. My favorites are the avocado green goddess (20 cals per serving!) A creamy cilantro one and a spicy peanut one. I want to say the other 2 have 60 cals a serving or less. They also have carrot turmeric and almond butter flavors but I haven't tried those.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    I like Ken's Ranch with bacon (but many other brands in the market), citrus dressings taste good on salads with berries, sour cream mixed with salsa to top a taco salad. I use very little dressing though. 1/2 tablespoon. I never use low calorie.
  • stind89
    stind89 Posts: 7 Member
    Newman’s own! I love all Newman’s products so much! I just use the serving size or less, just enough for a flavour pop and I’m good.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    sullus wrote: »
    Kimma41 wrote: »
    Looking for salad dressing ideas? What brands? Which ones taste good?

Walden Farms makes tons of calorie-free dressings

You missed the bit where she asked "Which ones taste good"

I love Walden Farms dressings! Except for the ranch - nothing compares to Hidden Valley LOL
  • Happysoul0317
    Happysoul0317 Posts: 119 Member
    The best that I have found is Old Cape Cod Sesame Ginger. Only 40 calories per serving but packed with flavor. Taste very good on any meat or tofu that I toss into my salads as well. It's tough finding a good flavored dressing that doesn't add 100 calories. I also use straight up balsamic vinegar from time to time. It's got lots of health benefits and you only need a little.