Red Robin

Anyone else eat here? What do you like to have? Today I had the Whisky River BBQ Burger, Cookie Magic Monster Milkshake, and two orders of steak fries. 3,130 calories in total. My friends and I go every Tuesday. I'm looking forward to trying the Royal Red Robin with egg and bacon next time!

Replies

• BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    That's a ton of calories... I hope you're trying to gain weight.
  • notreallychris
    notreallychris Posts: 501 Member
    edited January 2018
    Yummmm. I eat there maybe once every few months. I usually get the royal! Pretty good.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,975 Member
    I've eaten at my local RR. The burgers are good. So are the beers. Service varies. Bottomless fries are evil. LOL!

One burger is over my daily cal limit. A burger plus beer and fries is over my limit for 2 days.

Ate my last burger, beer & fries combo there.
    Will probably never eat there again, since I've decided to totally eliminate burgers & fries from my diet.

I could stop in for a brew but there are a many other bars and restaurants nearby that offer a better selection than RR.
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    I just ate there the other night. I like the tavern burgers,especially the Sir Acha. Usually the sandwich alone is perfect for me...I don't care for the fries that much.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Gosh, I'd burst.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    I usually get the BLAT croissant without mayo when I go, and the neverending broccoli (and a few bites of my daughters mac a chee), because I'm not a huge Burger fan. Bit if I'm splurging on calories, I'l get prime rib French dip :)
  • ashley52601
    ashley52601 Posts: 42 Member
    I actually really like the tavern double. It's only $6.99 and 690 calories for the burger.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Meh, not a big burger fan, nor a big Red Robin fan in general. But, it works in a pinch I guess.

Personally, if I'm going out for a big, calorie loaded meal, it's somewhere unique or highly rated.
  • dill_milk
    dill_milk Posts: 61 Member
    I actually really like the tavern double. It's only $6.99 and 690 calories for the burger.

I tried the Taco Tavern double. So tasty. Too small for me though.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    I normally get their veggie burger with a gluten-free bun and a side salad + steamed broccoli. It’s really good for something coming from a chain, in my opinion! Way better than the order of Clucks ‘N Fries that I used to get.
  • squeeeyk
    squeeeyk Posts: 165 Member
    I dig mushrooms burgers....but every time i get one there they overcook it and its relatively flavorless. I make my own now with a lettuce wrap. Delish.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    I saw the name and immediately sang the logo in my head! Reeeeeeeeed Robin!
  • navychickpensfan
    navychickpensfan Posts: 25 Member
    Yummmm.....the burning love burger!
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    We love Red Robin, but don't go too often since it's very hard to stay under my calorie goal while eating there. But if I'm not counting and don't care, I get the Red Robin Double Tavern burger, fries & a side of ranch.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    We used to go a LOT. Now we go occasionally, but I usually only have calories for the Ensenada Chicken or the Wedgie Burger. Occasionally I can get the Double Tavern, but have skip the fries.

Choices. :(

If we're going out for burgers and I'm not caring about calories or macros, we go to a local place.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Haven't been in a long while. My wife has too many food issues and can't find anything she can eat on the menu, which is a good thing for me as the calorie count is over the top.

I used to love the Banzai burger.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    I do like to go to Red Robin. I cannot eat an entire burger in one sitting. I do get my burger wrapped in lettuce. Saves a ton of calories especially because I also do not get mayo nor do I get things like fried onion rings or anything like that on the burger. I typically get the Whiskey River bbq bacon burger with cheddar cheese. Sometimes I get the black and Bleu Burger.

I always get them either wrapped in lettuce or just without the bun. I eat half of the burger take the rest home. I also eat some fries but not an entire serving of fries.

I usually drink club soda with a wedge of lemon unless I am in the mood for a beer. But in order to eat at Red Robin and even eating only half a burger... I really have to save up my calories.
  • vriej
    vriej Posts: 1 Member
    I like RR. I order off the kids menu and get the chicken stickers with broccoli. Or I will order a cup of chicken tortilla soup. At least one family member will order something with fries so I will have up to 5 fries with campfire sauce. My drinks are always calorie free. I love the food.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Do they really have all-you-can-eat fries?
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    kam26001 wrote: »
    Do they really have all-you-can-eat fries?

Yes.