Beer Poll

Replies

• GreenGoddess22
    GreenGoddess22 Posts: 3,821 Member
    My tastes change with the season. Right now I'm into stouts, mostly oat and coffee. I'm loving a local brewery's chocolate cherry beer (sounded gross, but I'm hooked). In spring and summer I tend to go for pale ales and fruit varieties. When I want a cheap drink with low calories and/or don't have a good selection, I go with watery Mich Ultra.
  • LittleLionHeart1
    LittleLionHeart1 Posts: 3,655 Member
    edited February 2018
    CockandBull ginger beer. u66bzwpvf72k.jpg
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Ufortunately, coming from such a small town, my choices were only from a few of the big brand beers (Coors Light, Bud Light, Candian, etc.). Since moving to southern Ontario, I have been on a rampage trying as many different varieties as possible from small local breweries.

l3fjanxk6wd3.jpg
    o0d3rwruuq31.jpg
  • Mattty79
    Mattty79 Posts: 3,068 Member
    Any, as long as it's cold and wets the mouth!
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    I make my own gingerbeer. It says to brew it for 2 days but I leave mine for a week. Delish! After that it becomes mampoer and I can't drink it. It slays the hardened alcoholic - out cold
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    I seldom drink beer but if I did:
    snzvcokzgwyq.jpg

• JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    I make my own gingerbeer. It says to brew it for 2 days but I leave mine for a week. Delish! After that it becomes mampoer and I can't drink it. It slays the hardened alcoholic - out cold

Recipe?
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,193 MFP Moderator
    ^ @Versicolour - I'd like the recipe too. I'll bet it's awesome. @JustSomeJD makes the absolute best freaking pumpkin ale I've ever had...
  • Versicolour
    Hmm. Let's see if I can remember off the top of my head. I have already locked up and switched off my computer.

15 liters of water (warm, not boiling)
    8 cups of sugar (I like to use half white and half brown)
    2 cups of raisins
    30 gr brewers yeast
    1 Tablespoon Cream of Tartar (tartaric acid)
    Ground ginger (I forget how much, but it makes the eyes water - probably about 2 - 4 Tablespoons)

Mix it all together in a big bucket and place in a warm area for 2 - 7 days depending on your preference. Strain through a cloth or tea strainer to remove the larger particles. Eat the raisins at your own risk or put them back. Store in the fridge.

I will check on the quantities tomorrow and make sure I got them right.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    I brew my own and my fav is Elysian’s Space Dust.
  • JustSomeJD
    Looks good! Do you ever fine your brews? I use chitosan and kieselsol, which helps with clarity and has an effect on making it taste crisper.
  • W8WarI
    W8WarI Posts: 567 Member
    I <3 the taste, of beer but I only drink non alcoholic, if/when plausible; since I've genetic liver disease & come via a family of alcoholics, whom also ran their own bar; plus 1 of them literally turned her entire basement into a fully functional western saloon!
  • Versicolour
    Hmm. Let's see if I can remember off the top of my head. I have already locked up and switched off my computer.

15 liters of water (warm, not boiling)
    8 cups of sugar (I like to use half white and half brown)
    2 cups of raisins
    30 gr brewers yeast
    1 Tablespoon Cream of Tartar (tartaric acid)
    Ground ginger (I forget how much, but it makes the eyes water - probably about 2 - 4 Tablespoons)

Mix it all together in a big bucket and place in a warm area for 2 - 7 days depending on your preference. Strain through a cloth or tea strainer to remove the larger particles. Eat the raisins at your own risk or put them back. Store in the fridge.

I will check on the quantities tomorrow and make sure I got them right.

Okay. I was way off.

15.75 litres of luke warm water
    12 cups of sugar
    6 Tablespoons of Ginger
    3 Dessertspoons of brewers yeast
    1.5 teaspoons of Creme of Tartar
    1.5 cups of raisins
  • huntersvonnegut
    huntersvonnegut Posts: 1,176 Member
    When I'm in the mood either Yuengling Black and Tan or I grab a Heiney.
  • SouthernBoy68
    SouthernBoy68 Posts: 1,520 Member
    My favorite is OPB....(Others People Beer)
  • sisu1975
    sisu1975 Posts: 28 Member
    Irish Ales are my favourite, like Kilkenny Cream Ale, Smithwicks and Harp. Mmmm!
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Porters, Stouts and a nice Scottish Ale! The chocolate or coffee undertone ones are my ultimate favorite!
  • JustSomeJD
    My favorite is OPB....(Others People Beer)

Two favorites are "free" and "cold" right?
    BR_549 wrote: »
    I like beer.

It makes me a jolly good fellow.

I like beer.

It helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mellow.

Whiskey's too rough, Champagne costs too much, vodka puts my mouth in gear.

This little post should help explain to you that as a matter of fact I like beer.

Amen
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Porters, Stouts and a nice Scottish Ale! The chocolate or coffee undertone ones are my ultimate favorite!

If you haven’t tried it already, you may enjoy Hobgoblin by Wychwood Brewery.

http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/hobgoblin-ale/488429