Just curious (memory)

Ever since I began lifting weights theres a good 2-4 hour period where im super spaced out and forgetful. For example i just made a tuna omlette....and forgot the tuna. Again. Yes its happened twice. In only 3 days LOL.

Im in no way worried im just curious is anyone else spaced out after a good workout? If so any thoughts on why it may happen? Im a curious person

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    No. That's interesting.

I can be spaced out during my workouts sometimes, but since I go at 4:30 a.m., I think that's to be expected.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    This happens to me in the morning after I wake up and before I have coffee.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    No. That's interesting.

I can be spaced out during my workouts sometimes, but since I go at 4:30 a.m., I think that's to be expected.

I do find it super interesting, I like to focus on my body and any data points around it. I make tuna omlettes commonly for years now lol. Its funny to me to suddenly start feeling spacy and forgetting things that should be routine to me. I go at 7-8am till about 930-10 i thought i woke up early at 6 hah
  • JaydedMiss
    AnvilHead wrote: »

mmmm -goes to make coffee- -hopes i dont forget to add coffee-
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    2-4 hours seems too long for low blood sugar, in a healthy metabolisms shouldn't that self-correct in 15 min or less?

I don't notice getting spaced out AFTER a workout...I do sometimes get pretty spaced out during the workout, but usually afterward I have salt/water and I'm back to normal by the time I'm done stretching/foam rolling.

Maybe try a bit more hydration or a snack before working out? If the workout is intense oxygen can be an issue during, but that should clear up post-workout.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

I've absolutely done this- it's one of the reasons I make my coffee the night before. I've more than once put a filter in and water and just pushed "start".
    Womp womp.
  • JaydedMiss
    JoRocka wrote: »

I've absolutely done this- it's one of the reasons I make my coffee the night before. I've more than once put a filter in and water and just pushed "start".
    Womp womp.

glad im not the only one LOL i had to get a programmable one so i could set it up the night before. Nothing sadder thn finishing your wake up routine going to grab your freshly made coffee and just finding hot water lol
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Sounds more like an attention deficit rather than memory. You might have lowered blood sugar but you might also have other issues with switching your attention and focus back after a workout. If it's bothering you just talk to your doctor but I'm pretty sure it's nothing serious.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    JoRocka wrote: »

Womp womp.

glad im not the only one LOL i had to get a programmable one so i could set it up the night before. Nothing sadder thn finishing your wake up routine going to grab your freshly made coffee and just finding hot water lol

It's literally THE WORST.
  • jessicagreen1828
    jessicagreen1828 Posts: 133 Member
    Yes, this happens to me. I think it’s an endorphin high and I really enjoy it
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,646 Member
    This happens to me as well, but usually when in a deficit and fasted.