Hello fellow Keto'ers!

hoopduck
hoopduck Posts: 8 Member
Hi! Just wanted to introduce myself to the group. I'm 33, started Keto on Jan 1st, and the last time I stepped on the scale it showed a 14 pound weightloss!

Please share your keto journeys with me, let's motivate and inspire each other!

SW: 188
CW:174
GW:145

Replies

• WenCruz415
    WenCruz415 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi All! I am on day 44 of Keto life. SW: 216.8 CW: 108.6 GW: 150 (by June if possible:) I feel amazing, I honestly would do this if I wasn't losing weight. I have crazy amounts of energy I have such a clear heard and lazer focus all the time. My weight loss is weird though I lose, then gain, then lose more, than gain, but consistently in a downward movement. Like Monday I weighed 107 and today, I weigh 108.8.. So my weight fluctuates depending on what I ate the day before weigh in! I am adding in 14 hour IF and a bit more movement and exercise.
  • nayneu
    nayneu Posts: 11 Member
    Hi everybody. Just new to my keto journey. I've tried low carb before and experienced carb flu (couple years ago) and have been extremely hesitant about doing it again. But this time around it's so easy. No keto flu. I had low energy only one day and down 14 lbs so far. I'm feeling great.
  • deannaj418
    deannaj418 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey everyone...I started this WOE on September 24th because of my stomach issues. Just looking for some friends through MFP. I have lost 34lbs so far and looking to lose more.
  • Thinagainby59
    Thinagainby59 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm on day 4 of my Keto journey. Feeling great and hoping I'm avoiding the carb flu (how far into the diet does that pass?). I have an ultimate weightloss goal of 75 lbs, but starting with baby steps. Looking for lots of tips and words of wisdom from the Keto pros!
  • jlzpo1
    jlzpo1 Posts: 1 Member
    Greetings- just started on MyFitnessPal a few days ago. Been following WW's Program since June 2016 when I was 253 lbs and lost 90 lbs. Trying to reach optimal BMI for the past year without success. Now trying keto diet with intermittent fasting to break-through and lose the final 10-15 lbs. WW has been great up to now, but I think I need something radically different to shock my system into resuming weight loss.

Started on keto plan about 4 days ago- most difficult thing honestly is trying to get to 80% fat goal....protein seems to creep into my fat allotment. Primary protein sources - chicken, tofu, ham, turkey. Fat sources - avocado mayonnaise, coconut/olive/avocado oil, cheeses (brie/blue), nuts (macadamia/hazel/pecan/walnut), almond butter, along with ranch dressing, spinach, celery, apple cider vinegar. Any other suggestions on palatable high-fat/low protein food would be greatly appreciated.
  • cbudhai0813
    cbudhai0813 Posts: 2 Member
    Hello Keto Friends. I started playing around with the Keto lifestyle on January 1 and then decided to become 100% dedicated on January 26th after I realizing that I could actually sustain this way of eating. I have found that I really enjoy the variety of recipes I have been trying (I have been using a meal planner with Ruled.Me). Half of my household is lactose intolerant, so dairy has been a challenge for me as I am not used to consuming so much of it. I am happy to report that I have lost 15lbs and looking forward to many more.

SW: 222
    CW: 207
    GW1: 175
    Final: 145
  • tracie448
    tracie448 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone, I am on day 49 of keto. I feel way less bloated (which is fantastic) and have lost approx 10 lbs, but it seems like I am stuck here, and believe me I have a good 25 lbs that I could shed. I am trying to eat lots of good fats and less protein. I feel like the weight loss has stalled (Frustrated). Any tips on supplements or aides that could get me over the hump and start weight loss again would be appreciated. I sometimes crave a meal replacement shake but am too worried about choosing the wrong one.
  • WenCruz415
    WenCruz415 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi Guys! Just hit day 60 of KETO! 12 lbs down a very slow and steady loss. Add me as a MFO friend if you need accountability or motivation! I will cheer you on!

SW: 216.8
    CW: 204.6
    GW1: 199 DYING TO GET UNDER THAT 200 mark!
    Final: 145
  • NikaChartrand
    NikaChartrand Posts: 35 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm on day 6 of keto (after about a year of being on and off it, I'm making the commitment) and I'm still working out the kinks in my diet to balance it all out. So far I've lost 9 pounds! I know most, if not all of it, is water, but it still feels great! I'm hoping to lose 40 pounds by my birthday in June! Add me if you want support, motivation, and a cheerleader!
    SW: 331
    CW: 322
    GW1: 290
  • Mikkimomof6
    Mikkimomof6 Posts: 22 Member
    I am new to the keto lifestyle..trying to cut excess sugar from my diet since it kills my joints and leaves me craving more. I have six daughters (two of which are only 9 months old)...and I want to have energy to keep up with them. I'd love all the friends I can get on here! :)
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    nayneu wrote: »
    Hi everybody. Just new to my keto journey. I've tried low carb before and experienced carb flu (couple years ago) and have been extremely hesitant about doing it again. But this time around it's so easy. No keto flu. I had low energy only one day and down 14 lbs so far. I'm feeling great.

I am the same as you. I’m feeling very lethargic but keto strips don’t show any success yet. I’m willing to give this my very best effort.

• chitownthai
    chitownthai Posts: 2 Member
    KETO DIET! hell ya! all the yum and none of the crap. Do you guys know where I can get a accurate macro measurement for my body type?
  • jacqui2494
    jacqui2494 Posts: 93 Member
    KETO DIET! hell ya! all the yum and none of the crap. Do you guys know where I can get a accurate macro measurement for my body type?
    If you just Google “keto calculator” there are several choices
    One is perfect keto.com. I know my lean body mass and the calculations are exact.
    Or just 1 to 1.5 grams per kilo of lean body mass for protein, carbs you know are under 20grams and fat to satiety. I struggle with that one!