Calories left

Logged all my food for the day with about 250 left what to have with that a, something sweet may throw me off make me binge b, something "healthy" that I won't enjoy as much but I won't risks sabatouging myself??

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Restricting yourself of the "something sweet" for too long may also make you binge... Why not learn to enjoy these things in moderation? You can always have more tomorrow.

That said, 250 spare calories is a decent chunk - depending on your goal, would you benefit from more food in a meal (eg, protein?)
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    I only have 25g of protein left out of my 115g daily goal so I'm definitely getting enough I had my breakfast & lunch my evening meal is mince and lentil chilli and brown rice the thing is if I go for something sweet I tend to lose control completely so it's better for me to not have it at all rather than risk it :(
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Are those the only 2 options? Something sweet that may lead to a binge vs something you won't enjoy much? Nothing in between?

Halo top ice cream is that in between for me...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    peanut butter
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    For me, if I'm worried about it fruit or veg, because I generally get less than I ought. so a cup of orange slices... convenience is king... or apple sauce, or if I've been especially prescient, some baby carrots.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    That's why I keep sugar-free ice cream handy, it's 90 calories per 4 oz. That's why I keep dark chocolate handy, it's 60 calories per square. That's why I keep canned tuna in water on hand, it's 100 calories per can. Oh look! That's 250 calories with a nice boost to your protein.
  • 2GetFit2018
    2GetFit2018 Posts: 12 Member
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Are those the only 2 options? Something sweet that may lead to a binge vs something you won't enjoy much? Nothing in between?

Halo top ice cream is that in between for me...

Agreed Halo top is amazing!
  • Dark Chocolate, I had 6 squares yesterday for 220.
  • flippy1234
    flippy1234 Posts: 686 Member
    I only eat left over calories if I am hungry. Otherwise, I don't.
  • stanmann571
    flippy1234 wrote: »

It really depends on why they're left over. But yeah.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    250 cals is loads .. you can have something savoury and sweet

1 slice of bread 100cal
    2 slices of deli turkey, spinach, red onion and jalapenos - 50 cal
    1 pot of Fage greek yogurt + stevia flavoured sweetner . i dunno toffee flavour - 97 cal

247 cals

then be rebelious and throw 25cal of blue berries in the yogurt ... then feel guilty and do some squats
  • angelsja

I'm only on 1316 Cal's a day so yeah I need to eat them
  • stanmann571
    angelsja wrote: »

I'm only on 1316 Cal's a day so yeah I need to eat them

That's a light dinner for me :)

Sorry :cry:
  • angelsja
    193 left now after adding jalapeno and cheese to my chilli :) I don't have ice cream dark chocolate in the house (too much temptation I would eat the lot)
  • jjpptt2
    Add a little more cheese. Maybe some sour cream? Or a little bread or tortilla chips or similar?
  • angelsja
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Add a little more cheese. Maybe some sour cream? Or a little bread or tortilla chips or similar?

I finished my evening meal now and I used the last of the cheese I had no sour cream or tortilla chips thinking either cheese and crackers later (spreadable cheese) or tinned fruit and yoghurt
  • jjpptt2
    Sounds like a plan. Cheese and crackers is always a good option.
  • angelsja
    I could have a: 3 cubes of spreadable cheese + 3 crackers or b: a whole tin of fruit cocktail and some yoghurt hmmm