Jan 26:201.0
    Feb 2nd:199.0
    Feb 9:198.6
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -0.4
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -11.4
    Total weight lost: 75.4 lbs.

Slowly but surely...but I gotta kick it in gear if I'm going to meet my goal in 2 weeks. :)
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    kbeyer23 wrote: »
    @canyonGeek Thanks for taking the time to do that! And thanks for friending me. I think the problem is the Android app- it looks different and only gives me the option to send a message. I'll have to drag out the laptop and do it.

@kbeyer23 i am on android too.
    Click on their name in the chat here and it brings up the first window to send a message or ignore. Instead of choosing either option, just click on their name again. It will open to another area. On the left is an envelope where you can message someone still. But this time on the right is a people icon. Click that to make friends with someone.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Found my old scale at home ... not sure how accurate compared to the one I use regularly but at least can submit something :)

The Winter Games

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3”
    Highest weight: 229.6

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 161.4
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 153.4

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 155.1
    Jan 12: 154.0
    Jan 19: 152.3
    Jan 26: 149.1
    Feb 2nd: 157.7
    Feb 9: 155.6
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -2.1
    Weight -/+ this challenge: - 5.8
    Total weight lost: - 74

Have a great Friday!
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    The Winter Games

Name: Margie
    Height: 5' 1 ½”
    Highest weight: 295 (Late Aug.2017)

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 278.5
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 271.5

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 278.25
    Jan 12: 273.0
    Jan 19: 272.0
    Jan 26: 272.5
    Feb 2nd: 269.5
    Feb 9: 269.75
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: +0.25
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -8.75
    Total weight lost: 25.25
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    @DebCountsAll Welcome! My story is similar to yours and the numbers were a real wake up call. At my age this journey is going slow but it's going, and that's what matters. This group is fantastic, and everyone can relate and there is great advice, support, motivation and camaraderie. You have great goals and you will meet them!

@Kybeyer23 I've never heard of that brand of tea but it sounds wonderful!

@skinnyjeanzbound Hope you feel better soon!

I see lots of great losses this week. Congrats to all. I'm up 1/4 lb this week. I really need to up my water. This upcoming week is several meals out....hope I can escape another gain. It's so much easier at home to control things. Oh well, life happens and all I can do is the best I can do under any given circumstance and make the best choices I can. I didn't gain all of this in a week, nor will I lose it quickly either. I just hope I live long enough to lose it, period. LOL

Wishing everyone a great Friday!
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    No loss and no gain... just the same. Truthfully, I am glad it didn't go up. I didn't make the smartest choices this week. I am now on 3 day of my no-wine streak. It will be hard this weekend because tomorrow we have a murder mystery party with my Wine-Circle-Of-Friends. And a Sunday Burlesque Brunch for V-day. My daughter is the vocalist (she's a great singer) and is producing this fun show. So the fact that I am hanging out with drinkers will be a challenger. I keep telling myself that if I made it through December, I can do this weekend. I want to keep up the streak. I make much better decisions about my food if I am not tipsy! LOL!

Name: Cyndy
    Height: 5' 3"
    Highest weight: 252

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 208.8
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 190

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 209.9
    Jan 12: 206.6
    Jan 19: 206.6
    Jan 26: 207.5
    Feb 2nd: 208.8
    Feb 9: 208.8
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: +1.3
    Weight -/+ this challenge: 0
    Total weight lost: 43.2
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hi everyone!

Well the flu seems to be loosening its grip though I'm far from back to 100% health. At least today I'm feeling well enough to do some dishes and laundry. Also, got some grading done so I' won't be behind with that for next week.

I know my big loss this week is due in large part to a low appetite from being sick. However, I've noticed over the course of this challenge that I typically see my lowest weight on Monday even though I probably consume more calories, sodium, and alcohol on the weekend. I'm starting to think the lower weight is due to the fact that I get a lot more sleep on the weekend than during the workweek. That would also explain some of my weight loss this week since I spent a large part of it in bed.

On a completely different note, one of my friends is starting a health coaching business and she needed some guinea pigs to practice her methods and gather feedback. She's giving 3 free sessions to those of us who volunteer. I had my first session with her last night via telephone and we put together a plan to help me get back into a routine at the gym. My hope is that the additional accountability to her will help motivate me to go more regularly.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"
    Highest weight: 247

Start Weight (Jan 2, 2018) 205
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 190

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 203
    Jan 12: 202.4
    Jan 19: 202.4
    Jan 26: 202.2
    Feb 2nd: 201.8
    Feb 9: 196
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -5.8
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -9
    Total weight lost: 51 lbs
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    @cellosmiles Thanks! I tried that with you :smile: it said "invite friends" and I had to put my full name and there was a message section too so I was confused. Hopefully that worked. I am 36 years young but so bad at technology, LOL
  • cellosmiles
    kbeyer23 wrote: »
    @cellosmiles Thanks! I tried that with you :smile: it said "invite friends" and I had to put my full name and there was a message section too so I was confused. Hopefully that worked. I am 36 years young but so bad at technology, LOL

It worked and i have added you. So good luck with adding other friends now!
  • TripleSnake
    TripleSnake Posts: 77 Member
    Ok, what I missed with these "Winter games"? Must everyone participate in them, is this only Thursdays weight? I do Monday weight log in other topic...

Yesterday had Pilates... ugh, my legs, my arms... but belly and core do not feel anything through the fat. Oh well, hope that will change with time, I am terribly out of shape.

Also, looks like scales like a nice 234.5lbs number and are stuck on it :) Usually they go down on weekends, let's hope it will be so this weekend as well.
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    [quote="kbeyer23;c-41389926"
    @DebCountsAll Hi! We are so alike in our stories and numbers! I'm an outside type girl too (even in this blech Michigan winter, I try to enjoy getting outside often- can't wait for camping season again, though- get me on a hiking trail, stat!) I keep myself motivated to keep going when I think about how much less embarrassing getting out of the kayak is going to be next summer. LOL!

Finally- I have a public service announcement for anyone who likes tea! This past weekend I tried the best tasting tea of my life. Hokey pete- Harney & Sons Hot Cinnamon Sunset- where have you been all my life??!??!!

Everyone have a good weekend![/quote]

It is so great to find someone who also loves being outdoors! I just got back from Alaska and despite the zero degree temperatures, I felt so wonderful and blessed to be outdoors and with extended family. I also plan to check out your tea recommendation. I need something that feels like I'm spoiling myself :)
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    edited February 2018
    Ok, what I missed with these "Winter games"? Must everyone participate in them, is this only Thursdays weight? I do Monday weight log in other topic...

Yesterday had Pilates... ugh, my legs, my arms... but belly and core do not feel anything through the fat. Oh well, hope that will change with time, I am terribly out of shape.

Also, looks like scales like a nice 234.5lbs number and are stuck on it :) Usually they go down on weekends, let's hope it will be so this weekend as well.

About those "Winter Games" ... it only has 2 more weeks to run. Will we have another weight reporting challenge after that? Won't know until someone volunteers to monitor it ...
    ...And monitor (moderator) has some extra work to do ... setting a time frame for the challenge, deciding when the last day to report for that week will be, keeping track of how who and how much every week and giving a report ... (this can be lots of extra work to keep track of everyone who has joined, posted, stopped posting, doing the math to come up with totals and any other stats the moderator wants to include). :s

No prizes, no competition ... just accountability and the 'feel good' of being part of a community of people who find public accountability helps them stay on track. ...

... This started last year with a challenge called "Earth Day" ... which ran for 10 weeks starting last February ... since then, someone has volunteered each time a challenge was about to end so we've kept it up all this time. The person who is moderating this time is @bapcarrier

So ... if we have another challenge, you'll be free to join in or not as you desire.

PS ... In previous years, we didn't do this challenge, but we did have challenges ... some ran a month at a time and had different themes each month depending on what we came up with. That, actually, is how I got all involved with this thread when I first found it. One challenge we had, which I still keep track of for my personal reference, is how many days a month we were at our calorie goal, plus/minus 100 calories. ... and sometimes it was how much water we drank, or how many servings of green vegetable we had ... fun, fun, fun! :)
  • Hi everyone. I'm currently at just a bit under 100 to lose, so I would love to be a part of this thread.

I'm 6 weeks shy of 40, 5'2", currently 209, goal weight 115, highest weight 245.

I'm also a teacher and a single mommy to an autistic boy who doesn't like to eat much other than pizza, taquitos, tacos, and steak so this weight loss thing is not easy for me.
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    @RoxyWhoShrinkyDink, welcome! That is an extremely stressful situation with your son! My best friend has an 11yr old son with autism whose food repertoire involves mac & cheese, string cheese, carnation breakfast shake, Hershey kisses, apple juice, pretzels and chewable vitamins. Absolutely nothing else goes into his mouth EVER! His mom is an amazing vegan cook who loves nothing more than feeding people good wholesome farm fresh food. There's simply no way to get any of her wonderful offerings into him - but she keeps trying. He is an amazing boy: sweet, kind, funny and smart. And also, quirky to the max. So, to you - know that you are not alone, and you have my greatest admiration and respect. Your struggle with you soon is not an easy one. One day at a time...
  • cellosmiles
    The Winter Games

Name: Cellosmiles
    Height: 5' 3"
    Highest weight: 257

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 227
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 217

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 223.4
    Jan 12: 224.2
    Jan 19: 226.6
    Jan 26: 226.6
    Feb 2nd: 225.2
    Feb 9: 225.2
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -1.8
    Total weight lost: -31.8
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    The Winter Games

Name: Barb
    Height: 5'3”
    Highest weight: 258
    Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 204.8
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 195

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 206.2
    Jan 12: 202.8
    Jan 19: 202.8
    Jan 26: 204.2
    Feb 2nd: 202.8
    Feb 9: 203
    Feb 16:
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: +.2
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -1.8
    Total Weight loss overall: -55
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    The Winter Games Report - Week 6 We had a cumulative loss of 14.55 pounds this week! Good work! This has brought our total cumulative weight loss to 79.65 pounds in 6 weeks. Some of us have make our goal for the challenge and others are very close. Personally I'm not doing that well but would probably be a lot worse if I didn't have to report in weekly. I was hoping to get back into onederland before the beginning of March...I still have time but having a lot of trouble with the mind of matter part of dieting! Keep up the good work everyone and lets finish the next two weeks strong! :)
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Just got home from gym. My NSV this week was leaving house to have dinner and conversation with a friend. I work from home now, so don’t leave house much.
    @all those that are sick: Hope you feel better soon.
    @ All Chicago ppl - Hope your shoveled out and safe
    @Karen that is awesome that you’re friend is helping you and others.
    @whomever wanted vitamin suggestions- I take Alive and my doctor said it is really good choice.