Favourite exercise or weight loss resources

Aside from MFP, what are your favourite apps and websites, etc. which have helped you along your journey to lose weight or get fit?

Here's some of mine:
Pacer
HASfit
Losertown
Photographic Height/Weight Chart
Net Versus Gross Calorie Burn Conversion Calculator

Replies

• MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    I was deeply confused by your first link until I moused over (Pacer stands for 'public access to court electronic records' in my world). I like the USDA Body Weight Planner, Nerd Fitness, and am just starting to check out Fitness Blender. Lots of good reading at https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/ and http://physiqonomics.com/.
  • megs_1985
    megs_1985 Posts: 199 Member
    I follow Fitness Blender, James Fell and here.
  • AMC110
    AMC110 Posts: 188 Member
    I just discovered an app called Happy Scale thanks to the forums. You log your weight daily and it gives you an average weight that is more accurate due to fluctuations. It also calculates your rate of weight loss and gives you an idea of when you'll hit your goal weight, allowing you to set mini-targets along the way.
  • AMC110
    Came across this website which lists portion sizes for various food items, quite handy!
    https://www.cookipedia.co.uk/recipes_wiki/Portions_per_person
  • Ryansworld84
    Ryansworld84 Posts: 83 Member
    edited January 2018
    I highly recommend watching the youtube channel Athlean X.

And this is great for looking up food info: https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,974 Member
    Apps (Android)

Memo Pad (to record daily workout diary)
    Pedometer
    All Trails
    Map My Hike
    Hill Gradiant
    Lift Calculator
    Impetus

Websites:
    Strength Level

PC Programs:
    Excel (to record/graph weight, lifts & exercises)
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    YT channels Buff Dudes and Athlean-X.
  • I have my FitBit, and I've just restarted the Kayla Itsines Bikini Body Guide. I forgot how hard it is, and I'm super sore today haha
  • AMC110
    Started using a free app called IntervalTimer so I can get audio alerts when I'm doing HIIT
  • AMC110
    I've been using Fitocracy the last few days, it's much easier for me to log my strength training exercises on MFP when I stick to a pre-planned routine. In the past I have just winged it and then struggled to remember exactly how many reps/sets of each exercise I did.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    YouTube videos on the how-tos of swimming. They have helped me improve in my swimming.
  • Elle_Marie_Fit
    Elle_Marie_Fit Posts: 138 Member
    Lately I have been enjoying belly dancing vids on YouTube.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    When I was in the gym all the time I really enjoyed Kris Gethins workouts and diet. Now the world is my gym so I use Strava, Runkeeper, Polar Flow, Polar Beat, Single Tracks, and Trail Forks.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Let's see...I like this app as a calorie counter (kind of, it's been a butthead for the last year), excel sheets for my programming, as well as Rep Scheme to record my workouts, Happy Scale.

I also love Podcasts, in particular Shredded By Science, 3dMJ, Sigma Nutrition, Mark Bell's Powercast, Jeff Nippard's IceCream4PRS, Iraki Nutrition, just to name a few.
  • Leslie Sansone Walk at Home videos on youtube
  • Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    MAP for calorie counting
    Pacer to track my steps
    Map My Walk to log walking
    Libra to record weight trend

And ....

Just in Time to find the nearest public toilet when I am out walking!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »
    MAP for calorie counting
    Pacer to track my steps
    Map My Walk to log walking
    Libra to record weight trend

And ....

Just in Time to find the nearest public toilet when I am out walking!

WHAT?! Tell me more. Looking now.

I live in NYC and I have to pee almost every 30 minutes. It's been worse this year and almost a source of anxiety. It seems like there's lots of places to go here, but there's not. Especially for someone shy like me who is afraid to ask small businesses.