Is eating this bad 1 week in?

I started a diet after the sb. Doing great. Going to the store for meal prep tomorrow. Would it be bad to mix turkey meat, low sodium taco seasoning, black beans, corn and brown rice? Should I use quinoa instead. Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Lillymoo01
    Lillymoo01 Posts: 2,865 Member
    If it meets your calorie goals and you enjoy it go for it. There is nothing wrong with rice .... or quinoa.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,953 Member
    Sounds good.
  • FlyingMolly
    FlyingMolly Posts: 490 Member
    Do you think you’d enjoy eating it?
  • Yes. If I could use taco shells. Lol
  • Go for it, you can eat anything you want just stay in your calorie goal.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    What do you think is wrong with it?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    rbarnov wrote: »
    Rice and seasoning. Too early in diet process. I ate omelette, sardines, cucumber salad, almonds and berry smoothies since Monday and have went from 225-216lbs. I think that’s progress. I don’t want rice and salt to mess this up. It’s hard enough not drinking wine and beer.

The vast majority of what you lost is water weight. Yes, you may gain some of that back from eating rice (carbs) and seasoning (sodium), but water weight fluctuates 24/7. Weight loss isn't linear.

And if you want wine/beer, see if you can have a drink or two in moderation within your calories.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,023 Member
    Why would rice and salt mess up your diet?

You lose weight by eating the right amount of calories. Obviously you want to eat nutritious food for your health, but you can eat whatever you want as long as your calories line up at the end of the day.

Over restriction over the long term will just make it more likely you'll hit the wall. Make sure you fit in some foods you love. Emotional health matters too! Good luck
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Why wouldn't eating this week in be bad?

Its up to you if want to substitute, I couldn't do turkey and would use white rice. But its what fits your calorie goals and moreover your individual taste, textures and flavors in your food.

• rbarnov wrote: »
    Rice and seasoning. Too early in diet process. I ate omelette, sardines, cucumber salad, almonds and berry smoothies since Monday and have went from 225-216lbs. I think that’s progress. I don’t want rice and salt to mess this up. It’s hard enough not drinking wine and beer.

Are you doing a low-carb diet deliberately or something? I am, so I wouldn’t eat rice after a week or a month for that matter, but low-carb isn’t the only way to lose weight. What you need to do is burn more energy than you consume. The only thing that really matters is finding a menu that you enjoy and feel satisfied on without eating as much of it as your body really wants day after day.

Not really. Just trying to get down to 185lbs. I’m doing spin class and swimming outside every night. Plus playing hockey 3 nights a week. Just trying to not eat fast food, or drink and keep my calories between 1200-1500.

Want to lose the 40lbs in 3 months. Trying to stay focused. Thanks for the insight Molly.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    rbarnov wrote: »

Oh heavens. If rice and seasoning messed up a diet, I'd never have lost the weight I did. I can't stand bland food. I season everything.

If the rice and the seasonings fit into your calorie and nutrition goals then you should be fine.
  • So ur saying I should be eating 3300 calories. It will take forever to lose weight.

I guess I could have some steak, chicken, broccoli and sweet potato’s. Too much found though. But that’s why I’m asking.
  • I appreciate the info. Thanks. Sarcasm aside. Lol