Calories burned in my shift are....?

Options
I work in the bulk food department of a grocery store. It's me and two other older ladies, and we manage two store locations, so we're busy for a good, solid 8 hours every day. We haul 55 lb. bags several times a day, climb on skids, run back and forth from place to place, package products, stock shelves, etc. I run around all day. I'm 18 and weigh about 240 lbs. How many calories would I be burning during a normal work day?

Replies

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Your total calories burned in a day is called your Total Daily Energy Expenditure. MFP can do the math for you.

Setup MFP with your current weight and activity level under “How would you describe your normal daily activities?”. For an active job such as yours you will want to choose Very Active.

IF you want to see what TDEE MFP gives you currently, select Maintain Weight.

4w10yc9l5izb.png

... if you are starting weight loss here in MFP, Change the calorie GOAL to lose weight by entering in rate of loss you wish to lose per week i.e. 2, 1.5, 1 or .5 pounds by changing Maintain Weight to Lose Weight. When losing weight, MFP does not account for exercise, you add additional exercise (not your work activities)

http://fit101.org/the-step-by-step-guide-to-losing-weight-with-myfitnesspal/#tee

• bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    This is your lifestyle. It sounds "active". If you enter your stats in MFP, it will do the work for you.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Options
    Not sure, but you don't count your calories from work, just purposeful exercise. Set yourself to very active and the deficit will work itself out otherwise you are double-dipping.
  • lizzy002016
    lizzy002016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So my calories from working don't count?
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

No not as exercise. Calories from working is included in your activity level.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options

They count...they are accounted for in your activity level along with your basal calories.
  • lizzy002016
    lizzy002016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Okay... I think I get it now. Thank you.