Leg day!

danc12674
danc12674 Posts: 16 Member
edited February 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
Hate it but, have to do it. What’s you’re thought?

Replies

• h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    I admit to skimping on leg days ... problem is I commute everyday up and down hills on bike to work + do a lot of cycling .... a leg day totally kills my rides, so I end up prioritising fast riding.

I really must get back in to them, but squats just make me feel crap and then kill my ride ... perhaps we need a motivational leg day group to hold me accountable
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    I love leg day. I just hate the day after leg day when I have to run, and two days after leg day when the DOMS hits and it's leg day again. Especially Romanian deadlifts, my hamstrings get so sore. But being female I have much better lower body than upper body strength so it's fun to lift heavy and impress the guys.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    edited February 2018
    Everyday is leg day! I work them so often I don't mind it and don't really get DOMS (unless I do a new movement/exercise sometimes).
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    It’s my favourite day..

I loathe when my programming has me go a day without squatting or has me do a light day. Heavy front and low bar squats are my favourite movements.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Don't loathe it or love it. If I skipped leg day I would not have strong capable legs that allow me to do what I do every day. And if you add in aesthetic looks, I don't want to look unbalanced because I focused soley on upper body and skipped my leg days.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    danc12674 wrote: »

Got to train legs unless you want to look like a lightbulb.

ht44qr955kq5.jpg
  • danc12674
    danc12674 Posts: 16 Member
    Lean59man wrote: »
    danc12674 wrote: »

Got to train legs unless you want to look like a lightbulb.

ht44qr955kq5.jpg

Lol or Johnny bravo
  • BNY721
    BNY721 Posts: 125 Member
    I have my days where I don’t want to go at it with the same intensity...but I enjoy it mostly and definitely enjoy the results.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Strong legs are good. How strong is mostly up to you. Same with how you choose to strengthen them.
  • JoJosAnatomymfp
    JoJosAnatomymfp Posts: 178 Member
    I hated leg day for so long. Now it is my favourite day. I absolutely torture them and I am seeing the benefits of it now. I hate the pain of it afterwards as do my colleagues!
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    I don't hate it. My legs are strong so it makes me feel beastly. I have "lower body" days in addition to power lifting though so I'm not really spending like hours doing leg press and high rep squats and *kitten*. I get a lot of stimulus from my 3x per week squats, then add in two days lower hypertrophy. Love it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I don't have a dedicated leg day...my program is full body, see every workout is leg day.
  • Atmc1
    Atmc1 Posts: 18 Member
    I love it and hate it sometimes cuz it just takes so much energy I try and make sure I eat enough so I don't feel too dead lol
  • Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    I do three "leg days" a week. Mondays is squats, Wednesdays is cleans, and Fridays is deadlifts. I don't understand why anyone would want to skip leg day.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    3 leg days/week...can't have good aesthetics without a good set of wheels "brah" (male or female for that matter)
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    I train for powerlifting. In my split I squat twice a week so I guess those would be my leg day, but it’s also glute, back, biceps, and grip day. Anyway I live for intensity day and kind of hate volume day. 3x3 at 85% or higher...bring it! 5x5 or more at 80% or less...*kitten*.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Leg day is only bad if you cram all your leg exercises into one day. I do two days as part of my powerlifting program and I don't find it too bad that way. I really couldn't do one leg day.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,937 Member
    It's foundational and the base for fitness and health with so many large muscles. Skip it at your own peril.

• Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    I feel like crap skipping it the last 2 weeks but my knee needs to heal... No more running on leg day for me