Just ate a whole bar of chocolate

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,281 Member
    a chocolate bar or tea? hmmm u r kidding yourself.
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I just ate pork, chicken, rice, macaroni, potatoes, cake, chex mix, chocolate, halo top, and beer.

You're okay.

I'm not. lol.

You must have been over at my house for dinner...
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    kokonani wrote: »
    I just ate pork, chicken, rice, macaroni, potatoes, cake, chex mix, chocolate, halo top, and beer.

You're okay.

I'm not. lol.

Colombian and Puerto Rican families combined? lol
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    kokonani wrote: »

You're okay.

I'm not. lol.

I’d like to have been over at either of your houses. Minus the beer. I prefer wine. But the rest I’m all over.

• Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Mslmesq wrote: »
    I have to know, how many calories are in the chocolate? And how many calories are in your tea?

Also, now I want some tea.

I would assume OP means "tea" in the regional British and Irish sense of "evening meal", not just a particularly lardy cuppa.

OP, the thing about eating tea, even if it puts you over your goal, is this: the mistake is already made. Skipping tea will not undo the mistake, it will just make another mistake of disrupting your normal eating schedule and making yourself sad and hungry and, deep down, resentful. You have to accept the mistake and move on.

A takeaway is fine, just do some research in advance, choose something not too calorific, don't eat the whole portion (put half on a plate and half in the fridge for tomorrow) and don't go mad on the side dishes. There's a world of difference between a half portion of chicken cashew nut with a half portion of fried rice and 5 prawn crackers, versus the Hungry Dragon Lard-Bottom Sharing Banquet for 5.

We all have days where the wheels come off, you just need to not lose your head and keep trying. You'll get there in the end.

Lmao. You are right. I had to look it up. Having been to England numerous times, and having enjoyed high tea in England, Hong Kong, and here locally, I’ve never heard of it referred to as dinner. But apparently along the working class in certain areas, that’s the slang. Probably not useful on this mostly US board, but whatever.

I did start craving tea though. Op, thanks. I enjoyed my darjeeling tea with cream this afternoon thanks to you.

So if you're English and say 'tea' to refer to a meal time you're working class...

:huh: :noway:

Wasn’t my words. If you have a problem with it, take it up with Wikipedia.

And for everyone getting their panties in a bunch... I know everyone here is not from the US. But the majority are. And I’ve never heard of tea used to denote supper. So geez, excuse me. I thought she was either referring to high tea or simply regular tea. Or even sweet tea. I didn’t know.

Oh, and yes I like milk in my darjeeling tea. Always have and always will. Too kitten bad!!!!

You said cream. Milk I am on board with.

Well I guess it was a slip of the tongue cause I also started craving Devonshire cream from this stupid post. But I couldn't get my hands on that as easily. I actually started looking up local places to have high tea cause I really want some.