What's on your mind today?

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
How are you doing with this month's challenge?

Here's where you can share what's on your mind. Recipes, ideas, workouts, anything that you think might be helpful to others.

Maybe, you've tried something that has worked for you in the past and would like to share it with the group. Maybe, you have a NSV (Non Scale Victory) that you would like to share with the group. Anything that you feel comfortable sharing or anything that you feel comfortable asking the group with help....this is the place to come.

The GOOD!! What NSV did you have this week!!
The BAD!! So what....you ate the whole thing!!
The UGLY!! That darn scale went through the window this week....it deserved it too!!

What's on your mind today??

Replies

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    I'm going back to an old "rule" that really helped me get down to a good weight. I've been getting sloppy about it and will add out to my personal goals in this challenge.

No shower goes unearned.

If I don't exercise I don't shower. Of course in this challenge I have to exercise anyhow, but earning a shower takes some good sweat. Try it if you want to!
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    This is my month! I am going to get back on track, and while I don't have any rules to keep my going, I am going to back to my old strategy.

1. No cokes, no fried foods (save shrimp cooked in my air fryer), no candy, no trips to the snack machine.
    2. At least 30 mins of cardio 2 days on, 1 day off. I know to meet the UAC I need to have 20 mins everyday, so I'm going to fill the day off with Yoga, stretching, or running around with my son.
    3. I want to go back to my 15 mins workouts during lunch.
    4. I want to meet my goal of 10,000+ steps a day, which means getting up and walking around more. I have a sedentary job that often keeps me desk bound, but I have enough flexibility here that no one raises an eye brown if I go for a quick 5 min walk around the building.

I also want to add not to exceed my calories per day, regardless of how many calories I burn during a workout. I'm not into extreme fitness, so I don't feel the need to eat any more than my daily goal.
  • SuzyH
    SuzyH Posts: 196 Member
    My goal this month, in addition to those of this group, is to be as close to whole food plant based as I can! I’m really looking forward to getting to “know” you all!
  • lemmyhead
    lemmyhead Posts: 116 Member
    Sometimes I wish I’d put on my heart rate monitor before starting my cleaning mission! I’m not talking weekly normal chores here... more like an epic spring clean (except its mid summer in my part of the world).
  • MmamabearR
    MmamabearR Posts: 234 Member
    1. I'm doing great on no candy and no snack machine trips; not so great on no cokes or fried food. I had chicken strips once.
    2. So pretty good. So far I've done 18 mins of cardio and 13 mins of walking.
    3. Got my first one done today!
    4. Got this one done, too. Sunday was a poor day of steps, but every other day before was over 10,000.
  • srufus
    srufus Posts: 160 Member
    Hi,
    Do any of you use a Heart Rate Monitor ? Actually my fitbit stopped working in warranty and so I am getting a chance to buy a new one. Some of them include a heart rate monitor, but I am not sure if it is needed or what are the benefits. I read a lot on mfp and elsewhere and there seem to be different opinions. Are any of you using one ? Do you find it useful ?
  • Ceceev
    Ceceev Posts: 93 Member
    I use a Gamin Vivoactive and I love it. Had it for 1.5 years now with Zero issues! USB port to recharge... which I do maybe once per week. This brand does not track swimming. But it even tracks golf...of all things. I fiind the HR monitor which is a wrist monitor very accurate. I got a foot pod for accuracy when running and have synced it with the vivoactive.
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    @w8goal4life what a lovely supportive post to read on a damp and dismal Sunday morning - thank you! Hope you have a great day.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,004 Member
    It is true - this is one of the rare times I have found a group of reasonable size and equally reasonable posts. Thanks for reminding us how important that is, @w8goal4life !
  • drea2011
    drea2011 Posts: 874 Member
    I can’t believe I haven’t had pizza in almost 2 months. I was addicted!! Do you hear me?!?! I had a pizza and 2liter like 2x a week!!!
  • drea2011
    I have lost 22.3lbs since the beginning of the year
  • w8goal4life
    w8goal4life Posts: 1,375 Member
    drea2011 wrote: »

@drea2011 You are making splendid progress in such a short time! Be sure to love who you are each and every day, even if there are days with no noticeable changes. Just as a side note, I never referred to my program as a "diet" even when the goal was to lose weight. It was always my "nutrition plan" with an emphasis on the positive. "Diet" is just another 4-letter word I choose not to have in my vocabulary. My preference for UAC is that it emphasizes calories (regardless of whether you need less or, in some cases, more), exercise, and tracking (which I need to stay focused).

Congrats on your accomplishments. You should be very proud!
  • drea2011
    Thank you so much! <3<3 this time I have really focused on meal prepping so I am always prepared. I have gone vegan as well before that I was vegetarian, so he only thing I cut was cheese, butter and yogurt. I use silk products as my dairy.

drea2011 wrote: »

@drea2011 You are making splendid progress in such a short time! Be sure to love who you are each and every day, even if there are days with no noticeable changes. Just as a side note, I never referred to my program as a "diet" even when the goal was to lose weight. It was always my "nutrition plan" with an emphasis on the positive. "Diet" is just another 4-letter word I choose not to have in my vocabulary. My preference for UAC is that it emphasizes calories (regardless of whether you need less or, in some cases, more), exercise, and tracking (which I need to stay focused).

Congrats on your accomplishments. You should be very proud!

• nefariousjedi
    nefariousjedi Posts: 52 Member
    Just want to say you guys are all very inspiring! I am not good with discipline (well, other things YES, but not taking care of myself). Learning to put myself first... just did two workday lunch for my hubby and I: Thai Basil Eggplant and Ma Po Tofu with Eggplant, with a cup of cooked rice (this time, I really measured it!!!)
    It’s a working process, with ups and downs, but I am working on housekeeping, decluttering and simplifying, along with being more active and eating right! Love this group of positive mindset! Thank you!!!
  • lemmyhead
    lemmyhead Posts: 116 Member
    This month I have found myself tempted to just take another pass day so I can have that biscuit or wine... then I get determined to be in the winners circle, so I reconsider my options, and manage to avoid it. 9 days to go :smiley:
  • w8goal4life
    At Ranger Rick's power of suggestion, I succumbed to a waffle this morning! Careful tracking and exercise have been the order for the rest of the day. Must be a good day for soups...as I made a low calorie cauliflower soup which is great for when I've started out with a high calorie breakfast. So...guess what I had for lunch? Also made a chicken rice soup for dinner...so SOUP'S ON!
  • w8goal4life
    Tomorrow begins the final 7 days for the February challenge. My continued best wishes are extended to each and every one of you. You should be proud of your accomplishments so far this month, even if you've used all of your pass days. The important thing is for the energizer bunny to stay in for the logging and tracking even when the winner's circle is no longer the target.

Thank you for your continued participation. I am blessed to be in such good company! :)
  • victorious55
    victorious55 Posts: 3,279 Member
    @w8goal4life The important thing is for the energizer bunny to stay in for the logging and tracking even when the winner's circle is no longer the target.
    I totally agree with you. It is a wonderful feeling.