Any over 60’s out there?

I’ve been a yo-yo all my life. Want this time to be the last time and permanent! 23# so far, 22# to go...

Replies

• tyoung526
    tyoung526 Posts: 7 Member
    HI, I am 59...I'll be 60 in May! I have been a yo-yo all my life, too, and this will be the last time!!!! I have lost 40 and am maintaining. Keep up the good work!!!!!!
  • Rick_1953
    Rick_1953 Posts: 596 Member
    I am 64, been on the app just over 2 years. It has helped me accomplish my goals and maintain a healthy lifestyle
  • royboy969
    royboy969 Posts: 218 Member
    I'm 63.. remember age is just a number.. But I recommend easing into most things you might try, but you should be able to do what you want. Feel free to reach out or send a friend request.. We all need to stick together..
  • carolgolf51
    carolgolf51 Posts: 5 Member
    Hi, I'm 66. I've been gaining/losing the same 15 pounds forever. My main goal is to stay healthy and active!
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Not quite, but almost--57.
    I'm maintaining now, but after 3 years here, I still get up to about 10 lbs over my lowest weight. The struggle is never over!
  • 5838fish623
    5838fish623 Posts: 76 Member
    Hi, 69 here soon to be 70. Working everyday to stay healthy.
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    I'm now 64 and also have lived life as a yo-yo dieter with each lapse leading to an even greater weight gain. I've been at it this go round since last June when I began diabetes medications. Though my weight loss is going slowly, I'm striving for a 30 pound loss per year steering away from gimmicks and just monitoring my intake to the point I can either lose or maintain each week.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    70 years old. Still trying
  • katedfield52
    katedfield52 Posts: 1 Member
    Middle age weight gain just kept creeping up and now I'm 61 and too fat which contributes to aches and pains. I want to retire soon healthy and active. I want to tie my shoes without giving myself a hernia. I enjoy bike riding, kayak. walking, dancing, yoga, nature
  • dejavuohlala
    Welcome Kate, almost 71 still trying, send me a friends request if you want to link up.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    I'm 63, closing in on 64! I'm still new here. My husband was just diagnosed as a diabetic, so we are both following his healthy eating plan. I've lost 10 lbs, so far.
  • dejavuohlala
    That's good Elsie doing well
  • suniels
    suniels Posts: 1 Member
    I am 63, closing in fast on 64. I have put on an average of 2 pounds a year since my mid 30's and health issues are beginning to crop up. Looking to improve my overall health, increase my flexibility, stamina and reduce clothing size! I'm on day 4 of my program - so far just logging my food, with daily walking and stretching.
  • LosinIt54
    LosinIt54 Posts: 37 Member
    edited August 2018
    I am 64 and have lost 67lbs so far on my way to 100. More importantly, I have leaned out and changed the way I eat, look at food and approach life.
  • elsie6hickman
    elsie6hickman Posts: 3,864 Member
    I'm 63, closing in on 64! I'm still new here. My husband was just diagnosed as a diabetic, so we are both following his healthy eating plan. I've lost 10 lbs, so far.
    That's good Elsie doing well

Thank you. Just to be clear, I am counting my calories as well as carbs.
  • 429jules
    429jules Posts: 16 Member
    I’m 59. Today is the 1500th day of my logging streak. And could really use some friends.
  • Thebajan
    Thebajan Posts: 20 Member
    I'm 52 but my BFF is 72 so do I qualify to be in your "inner circle"? I'm looking for like minded friends to help me stay on tract. Great job btw!
  • kgonsalves24
    kgonsalves24 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm 72 and have been on Weight WATCHERS for 35 years, off and on. I started using myfitnesspal and love it. Canceled my WW subscription because new program was causing me to gain weight. I've lost 8 pounds with myfitnesspal since the middle of Jan.