Slimmer waist, flatter tummy...fast!

Options
Charliegirl1974
Charliegirl1974 Posts: 28 Member
edited February 2018 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi!
I’m looking to trim up a bit in the next 2 weeks. I’m eating more as MFP suggests (trying to stick to my calories in versus calories out, depending on exercise) but need some top tips! Feel bloated and can pinch just a little bit more than an inch!
I exercise daily, I’m a vegetarian, my diet is mainly clean and pretty healthy...
I know I can’t expect miracles in a fortnight, it takes a while to be safe and steady etc, but any extra tips much appreciated!
Thank you!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    toxikon wrote: »
    If you want a temporary fix, going low-carb/keto will eliminate a lot of bloating, thus making your waist look slimmer.

I had ordered a brisdemaid dress for my friend's wedding a bit late, and when it arrived, it was a lot smaller than I expected. I couldn't even zip it up. So I did 2 weeks of keto (under 20g net carbs every day) and it fit like a glove on the wedding date.

I wouldn't normally suggest temporary fixes, but if you just want to shed some water weight and reduce bloating, there's nothin' better than keto. Keep in mind your water weight will return within a day of you eating carbs again.

I don't typically recommend quick fixes either, but yeah...you will dump a lot of water and glycogen and thus bloat with a couple of weeks on keto...

Be careful about what you eat and drink at the event though...
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Shape wear, or low carb, but if you do low carb you can't eat any carbs when you're in the dress or you'll bloat like crazy...