What I'm doing is working!

Its been 81 days, and logging has really changed my life. Beyond the fact that pounds are flying off, a once unachievable, unreachable goal is just around the bend. This is not like any other time that I have lost weight. My suits, shirts and pants don't fit me anymore. I am feeling confident and strong, and excited for what the next year holds. This community is amazing, and I hope to inspire those of you who are having it a bit harder.

What am I doing:
1) 2-3L of water a day
2) Log everything (I try to keep a 1000 cal defecit per day)
3) Sleep, sleep, sleep. I notice when I sleep less than 7hrs per night, I eat instead of resting. 8hrs+ a night is achievable and makes a huge difference.
4) Working out has just begun to happen as a natural progression with the weight loss. I am now looking forward to the gym, not dreading it. I plan my week around my training schedule.
5) Spend time with my loved ones, they keep me going.
6) I have made healthy living my number one priority. Everything else comes naturally if my wellbeing is taken care of.

That's it I guess. I'm more than happy to help anyone out if they are feeling down, tired or do not know where to go.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Nice. Congrats.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    Keep it going! I'm looking forward to hearing about more progress as the weeks and months go by.
  • deimosphoebos
    deimosphoebos Posts: 117 Member
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
  • sblackwolf121
    sblackwolf121 Posts: 2 Member
    Wow congratulations I’m actually going the opposite direction
  • deimosphoebos

How so? You mind if I take a look at ur diary?
  • StevefromMichigan
    edited February 2018
    Eelkov wrote: »
    I am also kicking butt, feeling better than I have in a long time.... long way to go... but the chart is on a downward trajectory... I have stopped feeling hungry (I only felt hungry while I was stuffing my face with high calorie foods) and I have given up a lot of my bad drinking habbits... Feeling goood.

Same here. Dropped 39 lbs since Halloween, and I am able to push much harder on my strength and cardio workouts. Starting to see some real progress, but still 23 lbs away from my goal.

The good news is I should make my goal weight by the beginning of summer ;)
  • StevefromMichigan

Stick to your guns, and don't get down on yourself if things temporarily go a little sideways. We have to be in it for the long haul :)
  • Pittfire40
    Pittfire40 Posts: 1 Member
    Awesome Job!!!! I too am kicking butt. On this site for 32 days, tracking everything, watching the foods, plenty of water AND...down 10lbs. Hitting the gym as much as I can and 'off' days I'm hitting the Eliptical for 30-45 mins, fat is shredding off. Not where I want to be yet, but getting there. Keep up the great work!!
  • deimosphoebos
    Pittfire40 wrote: »
    Awesome Job!!!! I too am kicking butt. On this site for 32 days, tracking everything, watching the foods, plenty of water AND...down 10lbs. Hitting the gym as much as I can and 'off' days I'm hitting the Eliptical for 30-45 mins, fat is shredding off. Not where I want to be yet, but getting there. Keep up the great work!!

I've also discovered "active rest days". Swim with the kid, walks, trampoline gym, anything honestly. I'm also listening to my body, if something hurts or is tired, I let it rest.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Great post :smile: wtg!
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Great post and congrats!! It feels amazing to take care of yourself and get your health in your own hands. I'm proud of you!
  • Calamitycazza
    Calamitycazza Posts: 87 Member
    This is really good to hear and is definitely an inspiration! I'm struggling atm so this motivates me