No carbs

Does anyone have any foods other then chicken steak and fish that are no carbs?

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Oil.
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,992 Member
    Cheese
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,905 Member
    edited February 2018
    yeah, you can google that - but it's either fat, protein or carbs. Those are your macros.

So, fats and protein. That's it. Animal and animal products, eggs (but not dairy/milk/yogurts.) Oils and butter. No fruit or vegetables. No grains. Even nuts have some carbs.

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Pork, lamb, cheese
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Actually, eggs and all dairy products (cheese, cream, etc.) have at least trace amounts of carbs.

To truly go no carb, you have to eat fats or meat - chicken, pork, beef, venison, buffalo, etc. No crab or lobster, oysters, etc. You also need to skip the offal because most organ meats contains at least trace carbs.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Okay. I'll ask. Why?
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    No carb at all? Pretty much you're down to oil and meat. Even eggs and cheese have some carbs. Have you hit your carb limit for the day and trying to find something for your remaining calories? It's okay to go over or under macros sometimes, just plan better next time.
  • ccrdragon
    Okay. I'll ask. Why?

Don't know why the OP is asking but I have seen people try it as an experiment to see if they could truly eat as a 'carnivore' to see what the results of doing that would be.
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 524 Member
    If something g is high fiber say, chia seeds.. the carbs process at a slower rate and are better to eat on a low carb diet. You can subtract the fiber from the carbs and get a (net carb) count. That’s what we do on Keto.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,384 Member
    Check out https://www.reddit.com/r/zerocarb

It's a community of people who consume zero (or close to zero) carbs. It's pretty fascinating, though I'd never do it myself.

They basically only eat meat (including organ meats for the vitamins) and butters and oils. And drink water.

Sounds like a fun way to eat, huh? :D
  • ccrdragon
    toxikon wrote: »

It's a community of people who consume zero (or close to zero) carbs. It's pretty fascinating, though I'd never do it myself.

They basically only eat meat (including organ meats for the vitamins) and butters and oils. And drink water.

I don't know how long it would take me to get tired of eating steaks - I think the budget would crater before that occurred.
  • toxikon
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    toxikon wrote: »

I don't know how long it would take me to get tired of eating steaks - I think the budget would crater before that occurred.

No kidding. Most of them on there eat grass-fed beef mostly. That *kitten* adds up!
  • Brimstone14
    Brimstone14 Posts: 36 Member
    Lots of meats, lots of fish, eggs, vegetables (except starchy ones like potatoes) some cheese, some nuts (basically avoid peanuts and cashews), coconuts (every which way). If you go low on carbs you should eat fatty cuts of fish (mackeral and salmon) and meat (ribeye steak, sirloin steak, chicken with skin, untrimmed bacon) to stave off hunger. Some carbs are ok in small amounts, i have milk in my tea/coffee, some blackberries and nuts and cheese aren't zero carbs. Oil is also a good source of fat, so when you have a salad don't be shy on the fatty dressings like Cesar dressing, but look out for hidden carbs in dressings as a lot have sugar in them.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    I'm going to agree with others in this thread and ask what you're trying to accomplish. It would help us tailor our advice. For instance, if you're trying to get to absolutely zero carbs then several of the things suggested in this thread won't work. But if you're aiming to do something like keto or low net carbs, then there are tons of things that aren't exactly zero carb but would likely be low enough carb to include. More information would be useful.
  • toxikon
    Lots of meats, lots of fish, eggs, vegetables (except starchy ones like potatoes) some cheese, some nuts (basically avoid peanuts and cashews), coconuts (every which way). If you go low on carbs you should eat fatty cuts of fish (mackeral and salmon) and meat (ribeye steak, sirloin steak, chicken with skin, untrimmed bacon) to stave off hunger. Some carbs are ok in small amounts, i have milk in my tea/coffee, some blackberries and nuts and cheese aren't zero carbs. Oil is also a good source of fat, so when you have a salad don't be shy on the fatty dressings like Cesar dressing, but look out for hidden carbs in dressings as a lot have sugar in them.

You're describing a low-carb style of eating, not a zero-carb style of eating. Zero carb is meat and fats only.
  • h1udd
    h1udd Posts: 623 Member
    seriously whats the point of living ! .... you can have chicken wings .. but you cant put hot sauce on them ??? .. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Sorry, but vegetables are all full of carbs. And fiber, vitamins and anti-oxidants.

Fish.