Am I doing something wrong??

I go to the gym or do some form of exercise everyday, I am watching what I eat and sticking to a diet yet the weight just isn’t going!!! I’ve changed shape... dropped a dress size on top but the weight loss is slow to non existent. I’m lucky if I shift a pound a week. Am I doing something wrong or just need to learn to be patient????

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    How long have you been working at it?

Do you use a food scale to weigh all your food, and log it all? No skipping, cheating, or forgetting?

How much weight do you want to lose?
  • vespiquenn
    vespiquenn Posts: 1,455 Member
    edited February 2018
    If you’re dropping sizes, what does it matter what the weight is on the scale? Especially when there are other factors that may influence the scale such as water weight, TOM, sodium levels, etc. Having more than one method of tracking progress may be more revealing of changes such as taking measurements with a tape measure or using a weight trending app.
  • Bel7024
    Bel7024 Posts: 23 Member
    I want to lose 10kilos. I’ve lost 4.5 so far but my bottom half looks the same - no weight loss off my thunder thighs! I weigh or use pre packaged which has the weight on it. My diary is honest. I log everything!
  • quiksylver296
    Bel7024 wrote: »
    I want to lose 10kilos. I’ve lost 4.5 so far but my bottom half looks the same - no weight loss off my thunder thighs! I weigh or use pre packaged which has the weight on it. My diary is honest. I log everything!

In what amount of time?
  • angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member

You still need to weigh pre packaged stuff the weight on the packet is always accurate just FYI
  • quiksylver296
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    A pound per week is excellent! How much did you think you would lose each week? You may need to adjust your expectations.

Oops. I missed that.

Yep, a pound per week is amazing! Stick with it! (And I'm totally jealous. I'm fighting for about 0.25 lbs per week at this point.)
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    3bambi3 wrote: »
    A pound per week is excellent! How much did you think you would lose each week? You may need to adjust your expectations.

^^This. If you've got ~20 lbs to go and are losing 1 a week, that's a pretty decent rate.
  • Bel7024
    Bel7024 Posts: 23 Member
    Started beginning of January. I thought with diet and daily gym sessions I would easily shift a kilo a week! When I have dieted in the past and no exercise I’ve managed to lose 1-2lbs every week yet doing exercise as well seems to slow the process! I guess I’m just being impatient and negative today
  • quiksylver296
    Started beginning of January. I thought with diet and daily gym sessions I would easily shift a kilo a week! When I have dieted in the past and no exercise I’ve managed to lose 1-2lbs every week yet doing exercise as well seems to slow the process! I guess I’m just being impatient and negative today

We all have days like that. I had one yesterday. Focus on something positive and push on!
  • x49z9pexvfrf.jpg

I found this super helpful so I am sharing :)
  • joseccastaneda
    joseccastaneda Posts: 267 Member
    Patience is the biggest thing everyone tends to forget about.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Patience is the biggest thing everyone tends to forget about.

And managing expectations.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    If you only have 10 kgs to lose, it's going to be a slow go. As in .25-.5 (~.5-1 pound) per week slow.
  • StevefromMichigan
    StevefromMichigan Posts: 462 Member
    edited February 2018
    Hi Bel, It's more difficult to drop 2lbs a week if you only have a small amount to lose. If you only need to lose 22 lbs, a 1 pound a week loss is probably going to be more realistic.

When I weighed 222 lbs, 2lb losses every week were easily obtainable. Now that I am down to 183 lbs, things have definitely slowed down.

Do you eat your exercise calories back? If you truly stall, i.e. not losing at all, you may want to see if you are eating back too many calories, as people tend to overestimate their calorie burns from exercise.
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    From where I'm sitting it looks like you're doing everything right!
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    You need a bit of a reality check, because you’re progressing wonderfully! Keep it up and be extra patient, because the last pounds are really slow to peel away. Don’t dispair, be patient! Bravo!