Freelee the Banana Girl!

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    HAHAHA thanks this gave me a laugh
  • rockymir
    rockymir Posts: 498 Member
    Next, a family of monkeys will adopt her.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    There better be some biting insects on that fantasy island. If my fantasies are to bear any fruit.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    For being 'off the grif' she does have a big selection of bras and a computer, and apparently electricity and internet. Right.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    How exactly does one charge one's phone "off the grid"?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Oh good Lord.

LOOK AT MEEEE. I'M OFF THE GRID!!!! HEY, YOU. LOOK AT ME ON INSTAGRAM AND YOUTUBE. I'M LIKE TOTALLY OFF THE GRID. LOOK AT MEEEEEE!!!

Gawd, I wish she really was off the grid. Off the face of the earth would be preferable to be honest.

My thought, too.

And this.
  • stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    I stay with Primitive Technology for my dose of people doing stuff in the jungle, thankyouverymuch. What you see there is at least informative and useful.
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Meh, she literally makes her living by generating views on YouTube. The article talks about her escaping the 9-5 but she's been a full time YouTuber for a while now.
    This is just another stunt to attempt a stay in relevancy and grow her channel/revenues.
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    edited February 2018
    "A full time YouTuber".

Sometimes I wish I was back in the nineties or early noughties where this sort of crazy stuff wasn't a thing.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    edited February 2018
    I stay with Primitive Technology for my dose of people doing stuff in the jungle, thankyouverymuch. What you see there is at least informative and useful.

My 13yo son loves that guy! And I get to hear alllll about it :lol: Better than banana girl.

ETA is she literally hugging a tree in that last photo? :huh:
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    edited February 2018

Eh? Off-grid doesn't mean no electricity. Generators or one of several renewal sources are all options. I'm not a big fan of hers (I think she's harmful for veganism, and her suggestions are neither healthy nor sustainable for most people) but some of these criticisms are silly.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    She does all this stupid, ridiculous garbage for publicity and clicks, which is what makes money for her. She's obviously succeeding at it.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    That said, I think the internet itself counts as a grid for these purposes. "Off-grid" means "separated from remote infrastructure," not just electricity.

It feels a bit arbitrary to me, but most people only consider public utilities to be part of the grid, so private infrastructure (for example, cell towers your phone talks to) are not considered on-grid.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Fact remains, definition of off grid notwithstanding, she's doing it for clicks and views. Creating another media storm. Same way she does celebrity shaming videos. Clickety click click.