Hungry

What do you do when at the end of the day you are hungry but you already maxed out all your calories for the day?

Replies

• kimothyschma
    kimothyschma Posts: 209 Member
    Drink herbal tea. Or if it's been getting hard for a while, I'll consider taking a couple maintenance days.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Did you exercise today? If so did you eat any of them?

If no exercise, I would eat. A couple hundred cals is most likely going to keep you around maintenance or still in a slight deficit. You could choose to eat a little less tomorrow and/or the next day and still be within your weekly total calories to lose weight.

If this is a one time thing no big deal, but if you know you will be hungrier later, start saving you calories for this time.
  • Katimira
    Katimira Posts: 50 Member
    MFP has me at about a 500 calories deficit every day. If I'm still hungry, I eat a portion of lean protein for up to 100 calories of those 500 (Egg whites, shrimp, etc). It makes me feel full.
  • Do a walk off the pounds video for 15 minutes if it's early enough, but usually just ignore it or go over by a bit if it's later.
  • LuckyAndi
    LuckyAndi Posts: 203 Member
    A piece of hard candy usually works for me, if I'm not super hungry. If I am legitimately hungry, I'll go with a bag of steamed vegetables and/or lean deli meat, or some cottage cheese.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    If I'mm hungry then it goes away if I work out for some reason. Anything strength works best for me.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Embrace it.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Suly09 wrote: »
    What do you do when at the end of the day you are hungry but you already maxed out all your calories for the day?

i would eat something, and then look at changing my macros/deficit so that i wasn't always so hungry.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    edited February 2018
    Suly09 wrote: »

I would eat sensibly, log it all. Tomorrow is a new day to do "better".
  • amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Drink a whole bunch of water... or readjust my calories during the day so that I can get in a snack at night. I pre-log most everything so I know exactly what my day is going to look like. I always leave a little extra just in case.
  • chantalemarie
    chantalemarie Posts: 66 Member
    if you do even a 10 minute pure cardio video, you might lose 100-200 calories, that could be enough for a snack.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    if you do even a 10 minute pure cardio video, you might lose 100-200 calories, that could be enough for a snack.

200 cals for 10 minutes working out... i wish!!!!
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Eat. Do better tomorrow. Knowing what your maintenance is, and thinking of your calorie goal as a weekly average instead of a day by day thing is helpful. Blew 200 over goal?? Eat 28 calories less for 7 days. Burn 28 calories more, etc. Looking at your macros may give you insight on why you were so hungry all day. For example if I don't get enough protein at breakfast, it mucks my whole day up and I'm hangry by dinner. Hope this helps! Good luck!