Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Do diets work?

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Why is dairy fat (cream cheese) fine, but not fat in meat?

So confused right now.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    brittyn3 wrote: »
    Eeek .. I can’t keto and only have lean meat ... where’s the bacon?!?

Apparently you get lots of mayo though.

I hate mayo, so that makes me cringe, but whatever.

Ya, I’m not a mayo fan either :/ Gimme all the butter though ... and sausage

I love mayo - for all you mayo lovers I got one for you...

Giardiniera (relish style, pick your heat level), mix into mayo (I use light) : 50/50 or whatever ration you prefer. Have it with some nice crusty bread, crisp iceburg lettuce, and a really ripe beautiful tomato. Great on Italian beefs, chicken sandwiches/pitas, etc

You can thank me later.

I will eat mayo in my egg salad and tuna salad ... but don’t need on sandwiches like others do.

What is Giardiniera?

It may just be a Chicago thing, but it's like picked peppers/veg in olive oil and seasoning. It's about the same amount of calories per table spoon as light mayo. If you can find it, I recommend it. It's fantastic on Italian deli sandwiches for one.

cl4smg7kawwv.jpg

It's magical on sandwiches.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,443 Member
    Is this where we start talking about the fact that bacon is a class 1 carcinogen and context and dosage matter in all foods?

I have 0% risk of getting colorectal cancer. I am going to gorge myself on bacon! ;)

There's an upside to anything! Lucky you! ;)
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member

Giardiniera (relish style, pick your heat level), mix into mayo (I use light) : 50/50 or whatever ration you prefer. Have it with some nice crusty bread, crisp iceburg lettuce, and a really ripe beautiful tomato. Great on Italian beefs, chicken sandwiches/pitas, etc

You can thank me later.

I adore giardiniera, keep your mayo off of it!

(Just kidding, I think it's nice everyone has different preferences.)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Actually, why don't we let him and "fat makes you fat!!!" shouty guy duke it out and see what happens? I'm taking bets.

That would be fun
  • brittyn3
    brittyn3 Posts: 481 Member

You can thank me later.

I adore giardiniera, keep your mayo off of it!

(Just kidding, I think it's nice everyone has different preferences.)

I'm a little shameful of how much I love this combination. It's becoming a staple in my life....
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,285 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I just realized that our dear sweet Jane is arguing that it’s a good idea to eat cheeseburgers. I’m laughing right now.

And it’s only the contrarian who doesn’t see the humour

I noticed the same :smile: Even someone who may not eat at meat at the moment still understands the science here.
    Sadly, I know a few other people in real life that would argue the same as he is ... too stubborn

I argue better choices and when given a choice i eat the better choice

Better only in your mind, my young padawan

hmmmmm you want to lose weight - a jelly donut or a chicken breast

Why stop there?

From the people who brought you "Carls Jr Bacon Western Cheeseburger versus chicken breast with some nuts":

A handful of Skittles or a bunch of unseasoned kale?

A tumbler of bourbon or a piece of grilled salmon?

A entire deep dish pizza with sausage or some undressed zucchini noodles?

A bag of potato chips or a small bowl of plain fat-free yogurt?

Coming to your town soon in "Dichotomous Food Choices that Nobody, I mean but nobody, Is Really Facing"!

Change bourbon to rum and the choice is clear.

I don't think I could drink a tumbler of ANYTHING alcoholic (unless we include mixed drinks involving fruit juice or something; I MIGHT be able to manage a tequila sunrise). Sadly, I don't eat fish either. I guess neither option's going to work for me. Bring on the Nestle salted caramel frozen Greek yogurt sandwiches!

Wait!!! What?!?

Dinner edit: Bacon onion ring cheeseburger, with one of those for dessert!

https://www.madewithnestle.ca/real-dairy/real-dairy-salted-caramel-frozen-greek-yogourt-sandwiches