How do you feel about your height?

Replies

• dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    dwrightlaw wrote: »
    I am 5’ 10” and I love it! I wear heels

A kindred spirit

How do you all get that kind of confidence?

I hated being tall when I was in middle/high school but I love it now...I'm just shy of 6 ft & routinely wear heels...badass heels too <3<3
    I just don't give a *kitten* what other ppl think of me...I still get dumbass strangers that come up to me and say "wow, you're tall" & I just sarcastically feign ignorance..."what?? I am???" They get it then...I figure that's nicer than telling them, "wow, you're really (stupid/ugly/old/fat/whatever is applicable).
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    I am 5’ 10” and I love it! I wear heels

A kindred spirit

How do you all get that kind of confidence?

I hated being tall when I was in middle/high school but I love it now...I'm just shy of 6 ft & routinely wear heels...badass heels too <3<3
    I just don't give a *kitten* what other ppl think of me...I still get dumbass strangers that come up to me and say "wow, you're tall" & I just sarcastically feign ignorance..."what?? I am???" They get it then...I figure that's nicer than telling them, "wow, you're really (stupid/ugly/old/fat/whatever is applicable).

Eh, I'll leave you super-confident sexy ladies with your harass heels. I'm 5'11" and would happily give 5 or 6 inches to someone else. You can have my heels... Along with my confidence... LOL

• UltraVegAthlete
    UltraVegAthlete Posts: 667 Member
    I’m 5 ft 5 inches and I wish I could be 5 ft tall. I just want to look older but be shorter and thinner and have smaller hands.
  • TayaCurragh
    TayaCurragh Posts: 709 Member
    I'm 4"10. I like my height most of the time and it makes me stand out. The only reason I'd change it would be because I'm limited in the cars I can drive
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    n7pey9viywgy.gif

Haha I have said this
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    I'm 5'4". I wished I was tall when I was a kid, but that didn't happen. Since I can't change it, I don't really think about it one way or the other anymore. It is what it is.
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    Another pro, no when can tell when you start balding.

Nice. Good addition.

Hmm... wait. Now this concerns me. :#
  • OkChargerFan
    OkChargerFan Posts: 371 Member
    I’m ok with 6’6”, but the 17 shoes are hard to find.
  • TiffCK728
    TiffCK728 Posts: 11 Member
    5’1”. On the negative side, it’s hard to reach stuff. On the plus side, it’s made me a good climber. Another negative is that if I gain 10lbs it’s like someone a foot taller gaining 50lbs. It really really shows. On the plus, losing 10lbs shows more, too. Another plus is I don’t really have to worry about dating a man shorter than me (I actually prefer “shorter” men; they aren’t short to me!) Also jeans don’t fit and that sucks. Almost always too long...and when hemmed they can look weird. Forget capris. Capris are weird looking full length jeans on me. Long shirts are dresses. I feel like I’m sitting in a bucket if I drive a big truck.
  • jvkmama13
    jvkmama13 Posts: 28 Member
    5'10 and love every bit of it. It worked for all of the sports I was involved in. Didn't bother me to stand out bc of it but I did prefer to date men my height or taller.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    I wish I could change my height for the situation.

I am 183cm or there abouts.

So I can touch stuff on shelves or the ceiling.

But it seems a lot of things like sinks are designed for someone who is 5ft tall cause to wash up dishes or put a plug in the sink it requires I bend, which can get annoying if your washing dishes for 20 mins.
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    I need about 3-4 more inches!!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member

That's what she said! :smiley:
  • michaelogle9284
    michaelogle9284 Posts: 337 Member

I'm not even going to say it lol.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Unless I have some bone breaking surgery and get them suckers stretched out, then it is what it is. Not super short, but I would be ok with it if I was a bit taller.
  • melissawill2017
    81Katz wrote: »

Props to you for quoting from one of my favorite shows ever!

• Egger29
    Egger29 Posts: 14,741 Member
    That's a Tall Order!
  • dwrightlaw
    dwrightlaw Posts: 804 Member
    81Katz wrote: »

Yes, we do say that, lol
  • melissawill2017

I'm not even going to say it lol.

I really do need 3-4 more inches; I’m only 5’5” ;)