Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Do diets work?

Replies

• mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    mph323 wrote: »
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Eeek .. I can’t keto and only have lean meat ... where’s the bacon?!?

You can - I say I prefer lean - actually bacon is quite healthy - you have to bit the bullet on the fat -but in Keto you burn that quickly

So wait. You're allowed to eat less-than-perfect foods because you determine the positives outweigh the negatives.

But if we do that and eat a cheeseburger, we're gonna die???

Please tell me there's a point in this thread where you went from legit arguing to just messing with us. Because the alternative is that you are just vomiting facts you've read on click-bait websites and genuinely have no idea what any of it means.

I mean, at this point, you're practically arguing with your own posts from earlier in the thread.

My philosophy - Low sugar - high protein(lean) - healthy fats - try to avoid saturated fat as much as possible - low carbs high fiber - at least half my body weight in ounces of water - Keto when Cutting Paleo when bulking - induldge every so often but not often

That sounds reasonable if restrictive. Why do you think that what works for you must work for everyone else?

Because all carbs are sugar and sugar is the Devil's work.

Shoot, you're right - I forgot about that.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    Eeek .. I can’t keto and only have lean meat ... where’s the bacon?!?

You can - I say I prefer lean - actually bacon is quite healthy - you have to bit the bullet on the fat -but in Keto you burn that quickly

So wait. You're allowed to eat less-than-perfect foods because you determine the positives outweigh the negatives.

But if we do that and eat a cheeseburger, we're gonna die???

Please tell me there's a point in this thread where you went from legit arguing to just messing with us. Because the alternative is that you are just vomiting facts you've read on click-bait websites and genuinely have no idea what any of it means.

I mean, at this point, you're practically arguing with your own posts from earlier in the thread.

My philosophy - Low sugar - high protein(lean) - healthy fats - try to avoid saturated fat as much as possible - low carbs high fiber - at least half my body weight in ounces of water - Keto when Cutting Paleo when bulking - induldge every so often but not often

That sounds reasonable if restrictive. Why do you think that what works for you must work for everyone else?

Because all carbs are sugar and sugar is the Devil's work.

Shoot, you're right - I forgot about that.

carbs ARE sugar some complex some not

Carbs are starch, sugar, and fiber
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    how does one who is low carb get high fiber on their diet?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I just realized that our dear sweet Jane is arguing that it’s a good idea to eat cheeseburgers. I’m laughing right now.

And it’s only the contrarian who doesn’t see the humour

I noticed the same :smile: Even someone who may not eat at meat at the moment still understands the science here.
    Sadly, I know a few other people in real life that would argue the same as he is ... too stubborn

I argue better choices and when given a choice i eat the better choice

Better only in your mind, my young padawan

hmmmmm you want to lose weight - a jelly donut or a chicken breast

Why stop there?

From the people who brought you "Carls Jr Bacon Western Cheeseburger versus chicken breast with some nuts":

A handful of Skittles or a bunch of unseasoned kale?

A tumbler of bourbon or a piece of grilled salmon?

A entire deep dish pizza with sausage or some undressed zucchini noodles?

A bag of potato chips or a small bowl of plain fat-free yogurt?

Coming to your town soon in "Dichotomous Food Choices that Nobody, I mean but nobody, Is Really Facing"!

Change bourbon to rum and the choice is clear.

I feel like a tumbler of rum *and* some grilled salmon might count as a balanced pirate meal.

Works for me.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    i3174ojg8w9e.jpg

Hahahahahahahah yup that's totally legit. You must be toying with us. You can't be a real person
    i3174ojg8w9e.jpg

Hahahahahahahah yup that's totally legit. You must be toying with us. You can't be a real person

I was wondering that myself earlier. He's not as random as the last artificial insanity we were inflicted with

• juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    edited February 2018
    i3174ojg8w9e.jpg

But, you eat tuna out of a can

And grilled red meat.

...and smoked salmon, because ewwwwwwww! Seriously smoked salmon...toward the first several pages...he mentioned it with lemon chicken.

ETA: I want to thank everyone in this thread for helping me kill the last hour or so at work, with a few bonus giggles, no less. :D
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    TR0berts wrote: »
    I just realized that our dear sweet Jane is arguing that it’s a good idea to eat cheeseburgers. I’m laughing right now.

And it’s only the contrarian who doesn’t see the humour

I noticed the same :smile: Even someone who may not eat at meat at the moment still understands the science here.
    Sadly, I know a few other people in real life that would argue the same as he is ... too stubborn

I argue better choices and when given a choice i eat the better choice

Better only in your mind, my young padawan

hmmmmm you want to lose weight - a jelly donut or a chicken breast

Why stop there?

From the people who brought you "Carls Jr Bacon Western Cheeseburger versus chicken breast with some nuts":

A handful of Skittles or a bunch of unseasoned kale?

A tumbler of bourbon or a piece of grilled salmon?

A entire deep dish pizza with sausage or some undressed zucchini noodles?

A bag of potato chips or a small bowl of plain fat-free yogurt?

Coming to your town soon in "Dichotomous Food Choices that Nobody, I mean but nobody, Is Really Facing"!

Change bourbon to rum and the choice is clear.

I don't think I could drink a tumbler of ANYTHING alcoholic (unless we include mixed drinks involving fruit juice or something; I MIGHT be able to manage a tequila sunrise). Sadly, I don't eat fish either. I guess neither option's going to work for me. Bring on the Nestle salted caramel frozen Greek yogurt sandwiches!

Wait!!! What?!?

Dinner edit: Bacon onion ring cheeseburger, with one of those for dessert!

https://www.madewithnestle.ca/real-dairy/real-dairy-salted-caramel-frozen-greek-yogourt-sandwiches

Still working through. Of all the stuff floating and sinking in this thread. This ^^^ is what made my jaw drop. Nicely done! I'mma have to see if I can find these when my next pay comes in.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Looks like we're never going to find out if it was a bot or a real life person.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    ALL DIETS WORK if you follow instructions. They all follow a deficit plan for weight loss. ADHERENCE to the diet is the issue. Not many people can stick to a diet that deprives them of things they like to enjoy.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

Apparently our only choices are deprivation or death...