Just ate a whole bar of chocolate

Replies

• angelsja
    angelsja Posts: 860 Member
    angelsja wrote: »
    But yet it's ok for other people to look at their weekly goal but not me??

Looking at your weekly goal is fine. Using the weekly goal as an excuse for extreme restriction (less than 500 calories a day) is what people are referring to here.

It's only for 2 days then break then another 2 days and I feel fine + it averages out my weekly goal to maintenance calories

People are trying to share that two days of extreme restriction isn't a great binge recovery tool. It sets you up for another binge especially since you've shared your cycle of restriction and binges prompted by "special days"/holidays (which is what you have coming up this weekend).

It may be that you're just not ready to hear it yet.

The cycle that you're going through is clear to many of us because we've been there too.

If you look at my diary I managed valentine's Day just over my calories and have pre logged my birthday meal just over my allowance too

What is it that you're hoping to get out of these threads? I know in the past you've expressed frustration when people try to give advise based on their experiences or what has worked for them. It seems like you're looking for some validation. In my personal case, that's not something I feel comfortable offering here. I don't think your current strategy is one that is good for you mentally or physically and I don't feel it's likely to lead to long-term weight management success. Maybe I'm wrong. But I don't want this to be any more frustrating for you than it has to be. How would you like people here to express their concern for your wellbeing and their wishes for your success?

I'm not hoping for anything im just frustrated reading other people looking at their weekly average and eating less on some days so they can eat more on weekends (which is essentially what iam doing) but yet it's not ok for me to do it for 4 days not even back to back -_-

Is the difference between eating slightly less some days and eating just 400 calories or so one that makes sense to you or do you feel that's an insignificant difference?

As long as I feel fine and it isn't for a prolonged period of time I don't see a issue mon-tues I had my valentine meal to look forward to today-tomorro I have my birthday meal to look forward to
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2018

Looking at your weekly goal is fine. Using the weekly goal as an excuse for extreme restriction (less than 500 calories a day) is what people are referring to here.

It's only for 2 days then break then another 2 days and I feel fine + it averages out my weekly goal to maintenance calories

People are trying to share that two days of extreme restriction isn't a great binge recovery tool. It sets you up for another binge especially since you've shared your cycle of restriction and binges prompted by "special days"/holidays (which is what you have coming up this weekend).

The cycle that you're going through is clear to many of us because we've been there too.

If you look at my diary I managed valentine's Day just over my calories and have pre logged my birthday meal just over my allowance too

What is it that you're hoping to get out of these threads? I know in the past you've expressed frustration when people try to give advise based on their experiences or what has worked for them. It seems like you're looking for some validation. In my personal case, that's not something I feel comfortable offering here. I don't think your current strategy is one that is good for you mentally or physically and I don't feel it's likely to lead to long-term weight management success. Maybe I'm wrong. But I don't want this to be any more frustrating for you than it has to be. How would you like people here to express their concern for your wellbeing and their wishes for your success?

I'm not hoping for anything im just frustrated reading other people looking at their weekly average and eating less on some days so they can eat more on weekends (which is essentially what iam doing) but yet it's not ok for me to do it for 4 days not even back to back -_-

Is the difference between eating slightly less some days and eating just 400 calories or so one that makes sense to you or do you feel that's an insignificant difference?

As long as I feel fine and it isn't for a prolonged period of time I don't see a issue mon-tues I had my valentine meal to look forward to today-tomorro I have my birthday meal to look forward to

You do realize with Mon-Sat you are logging 5292 calories total for 6 days?
  • angelsja
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Whats your point? :/ I have my week set Sun to Saturday
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2018
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

Whats your point? :/ I have my week set Sun to Saturday

The point is that you're averaging less than 900 calories a day for a 6 day period. Your body doesn't understand that your week is set Sunday to Saturday.

This makes my point .. and if you exercise as well this adds even more energy expenditure in which your calories are not enough to support that, adding more stress on your body.

I just hate to see you doing such drastic things by carrying over the binge to the next week and not taking care of yourself better. All the things we talked in your other thread and this one.

Anyway, best of luck.
  • angelsja
    1. I feel fine and I have to offset the damage I did at the weekend which was less than 7 days ago so it does count towards my weekly average.
    2. It's only until Sunday after that I will be sticking to my new calorie limit of 1600 instead of 1317 which is what caused me to binge in the first place. This is the amount of calories I was on before and I was losing then and didn't have a problem binging
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    1. I feel fine and I have to offset the damage I did at the weekend which was less than 7 days ago so it does count towards my weekly average.
    2. It's only until Sunday after that I will be sticking to my new calorie limit of 1600 instead of 1317 which is what caused me to binge in the first place. This is the amount of calories I was on before and I was losing then and didn't have a problem binging

No. You have to learn to let it go and to eat at a more normal calorie level, i.e. the 1600 that you've now decided to allow yourself.

Yes, some people do have a couple of lower-calorie days per week so that they can eat more on other days. A couple. Per week. Not the majority of the week, with just two days where they eat more.

Don't punish yourself for eating more than you'd planned, forgive yourself for being human.
  • angelsja
    There are you all happy now .. I feel like crap
  • LW3380
    LW3380 Posts: 118 Member

Are you just on here for a moan??

• angelsja
    LW3380 wrote: »

Just wanted to let the people know I've eaten is all
  • LW3380

Hope you enjoyed it...lets move on shall we?
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    I wish I could eat a bar of chocolate right now.
  • angelsja

Not really feel crap and like a utter failure now :(
  • LW3380

Not really feel crap and like a utter failure now :(

Chin up...it's not the end of the world is it?????

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Now I want chocolate..and if I want a whole bar I'll have it - I always save around 300 calories a day for snacks of that kind anyway so no biggie :smile:
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    Day before yesterday I had an approximately 4.5% of my calories overage. Yesterday I was under my Calories such that I made up for the 4.5% overage and added a 0.5% underage on top.

This is called weekly/monthly averaging of calories and would probably not be classified as disordered eating.

You had an 800% overage last weekend. You are making up for it with 75% daily underages for the next however many days.

I call that a binge and restrict cycle. A binge and restrict cycle is considered disordered eating by most.

Not sure whether you're actually not seeing this or are just trying to publicly justify sticking to the cycle.

I hope that it is just for public consumption because if you really believe that there is no difference you are well beyond my pay grade.

ETA: a binge and restrict cycle and other eating disorders cause damage to your health.

Overeating 8000 calories above maintenance causes, maybe, a 2lb fat gain. Which is not permanent damage to your health.

The side effects of your cure are worse than the side effects of what you're trying to correct.

And binge and restrict cycles are so hard to break out of -- so the more you dig in (no pun intended), the worse it's going to be.

My early 20s/late teens, I literally was *constantly* in these. I'd swing between eating <1000 calories a day plus intense workouts, and then devour *everything* I could find. It sucked so hard, and even worse, didn't actually help me reliably lose weight.

That's part of why even now, when I veer more toward restriction, I won't do <1000. I'd rather up my workouts and actually be able to *eat* so that I'm not chasing that cycle all over again.