Grow booty on a moderate low carb diet.

Hey everyone! So while trying to drop the 30 pounds that I want off, I am also trying to grow my booty at the same time. I’m trying to do so while staying between 80-100g of carbs per day. Not so low.. but I’ve heard that it’s harder to grow your butt on a low carb diet. Is this classified as low???

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    There are exceptions to 'no muscle growth' in deficit. You can at least expect beginner gains. So hit a gym and lift heavy weights. Use a barbell and learn to lose the muscles you want to grow. Those are not easy to find. It's easier to grow the muscles low on your bum, or on the side, not the ones that give you this fantantastic look.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Gaining significant mass anywhere on your body in terms of muscle is a long time consuming process that is exceptionally difficult in a calorie deficit. Doesn't matter what your macro split is. Low carb, high carb, all carbs. Hit your protein target as much as possible and let the rest go where it wants. Start weight training on the regular, take progress pictures and be prepared to be in it for the long haul.
  • hammycakes
    hammycakes Posts: 388 Member
    Bret Contreras has some great glute workout programs for growing a booty.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited February 2018
    Your carbs are moderate but not in the keto/LCHF ranges. That said you can build some minimal muscle in a calorie deficit (as a newbie lifter) as long as varying factors are in place, as you stay in a calorie deficit muscle gains in a deficit will taper off, but you will be able to maintain muscle as you finish weight/fat loss.

To make this as optimal as possible for your goals ensure your strength training is progressive overload, your rate of loss each week is not too aggressive and you are consuming ample protein in your diet. Its hard to build muscle as women, so give your progress ample time and patience and when you have reach goal weight move to recomp and keep going.

What program are you following? Take a look at the established strength training programs to consider for reaching optimal results.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

• ACanadian22
    ACanadian22 Posts: 377 Member
    Want a great booty? Lift and squat.
  • DJ_Skywalker
    DJ_Skywalker Posts: 420 Member
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    Your carbs are moderate but not in the keto/LCHF ranges. That said you can build some minimal muscle in a calorie deficit (as a newbie lifter) as long as varying factors are in place, as you stay in a calorie deficit muscle gains in a deficit will taper off, but you will be able to maintain muscle as you finish weight/fat loss.

To make this as optimal as possible for your goals ensure your strength training is progressive overload, your rate of loss each week is not too aggressive and you are consuming ample protein in your diet. Its hard to build muscle as women, so give your progress ample time and patience and when y. u have reach goal weight move to recomp and keep going.

What program are you following? Take a look at the established strength training programs to consider for reaching optimal results.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

^ All this ... love.

When I started lifting while losing weight, StrongLifts worked for me to build strength. But, it I really noticed the difference after I added more calories and changed up my lifting program after I did 12 weeks of 5x5.

Like the others said ... it does take time and patience :)
  • karahm78
    karahm78 Posts: 505 Member
    Check out the Strong Curves program by Bret Contreras, eat at a not-to-aggressive deficit and get enough protein. Lots of time and patience!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Most will consider LCHF to be under 100-150g so that is a low carb diet.

Very low carb is thought by some to not promote muscle growth as fast as a higher carb diet, mainly due to lower insulin levels. Moderate to high protein will raise insulin somewhat and is helpful in getting insulin higher.

A technique low carbers sometimes used is targeted carbs - eating carbs around exercise - which burns the carbs quickly and addresses the possible low insulin. Others just continue on with low carb at all times and notice no difference.

Eating at a deficit makes gains slow too.

Good luck.
  • Nubian89xo
    Nubian89xo Posts: 24 Member
    edited February 2018
    Great advice. And that’s what I started doing having more good carbs on my workout days. Well before my workout! I think I’ll stick to weight loss and grow my glutes after I reach my weight loss goal. Seems a bit less complicated ☺️
  • Nubian89xo

Want a great booty? Lift and squat.
    Im already aware of that! Just wanted to know if the process takes more time due to lower carbs.

• Nubian89xo
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    Most will consider LCHF to be under 100-150g so that is a low carb diet.

Very low carb is thought by some to not promote muscle growth as fast as a higher carb diet, mainly due to lower insulin levels. Moderate to high protein will raise insulin somewhat and is helpful in getting insulin higher.

A technique low carbers sometimes used is targeted carbs - eating carbs around exercise - which burns the carbs quickly and addresses the possible low insulin. Others just continue on with low carb at all times and notice no difference.

Eating at a deficit makes gains slow too.

Good luck.

Great advice. And that’s what I started doing having more good carbs on my workout days. Well before my workout! I think I’ll stick to weight loss and grow my glutes after I reach my weight loss goal. Seems a bit less complicated ☺️ Thank you for your time and advice.

• Nubian89xo
    RoxieDawn wrote: »

To make this as optimal as possible for your goals ensure your strength training is progressive overload, your rate of loss each week is not too aggressive and you are consuming ample protein in your diet. Its hard to build muscle as women, so give your progress ample time and patience and when you have reach goal weight move to recomp and keep going.

Very very insightful! Thank you. See I have no problems at all hitting my protein goals! Actually, usually over. But thank you for your time and advice.
  • Nubian89xo
    hammycakes wrote: »
    Bret Contreras has some great glute workout programs for growing a booty.

Thank you I’ll check it out ☺️