Weigh-in #3:
Weigh-in #4:
Weigh-in #5:
Weigh-in #6:
Weigh-in #7

A positive thought I had this week was:
A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was:
My most effective workout this week was:

Comments: (Please share any additional information if you'd like)

Replies

• cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    edited February 2018
    Week 7—

Start Weight: 187.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 167
    Weigh-in #1: 182.2
    Weigh-in #2: 181
    Weigh-in #3: 181.2
    Weigh-in #4: 177.8
    Weigh-in #5: 177.4
    Weigh-in #6: 177.4
    Weigh-in #7. 175.4

A positive thought I had this week was: don’t make excuses, just accept and move on
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: fruit
    My most effective workout this week was: walking

Comments: I’ve been a little disappointed in my progress even though I have been staying pretty much on track. In the past it seemed like the weight came off much easier. Hmmm. It’s been 10 years or more since I have seriously attempted to lose weight. So I’ve had to realize that the slower loss is partly due to getting older and metabolism slowing down. Next session, if we have one, I will adjust my expectations. Happy Monday Everyone!

• spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    Challenge start weight 130.2
    Challenge goal weight 124
    Jan 8 #1 127.8
    Jan 15 #2 130.0
    Jan 22 #3 130.2
    Jan 29 #4 133.0
    Feb 5 #5 128.4
    Feb 12 #6 129.2
    Feb 19 #7 127.0

A positive thought I had this week was: I definitely detect progress. I only have a little to lose so it is very slow going, but the trend is there. LOGGING keeps me mindful.

A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I made a chocolate-chia pudding last night as dessert for my family (just me, DH and 20 yr old son). I expected lots of eye rolling and teasing, but it was a real hit! It will become a standard addition. Plus it was SUPER-FAST to make.

My most effective workout this week was: Out of the blue, I used an exercise ball to do a workout circuit and it really worked my abs! I usually focus on using weights, but will incorporate the ball more often.
  • irishsox12
    irishsox12 Posts: 18 Member
    Start Weight: 164.2 lbs
    Challenge Goal Weight: 155 lbs
    Weigh-in #1: 160.8 lbs
    Weigh-in #2: 158.6 lbs
    Weigh-in #3: 158.8 lbs
    Weigh-in #4: 156.2 lbs
    Weigh-in #5: 155.2 lbs
    Weigh-in #6: 153.2 lbs
    Weigh-in #7: 154.4 lbs

I'm up 1.2 lbs, which makes sense as I was completely off track for 5 days this week. I wasn't exercising much either because I was really busy at school with midterms. It's apart of life though! After Friday I decided enough is enough and it's time to get back on track :)

• arameni
    arameni Posts: 105 Member
    Week 7 —

Start Weight: 148
    Challenge Start Weight: 133
    Challenge Goal Weight: 125
    Weigh-in #1: 133.8
    Weigh-in #2: 132
    Weigh-in #3: 131.6
    Weigh-in #4: 131
    Weigh-in #5: 128.8
    Weigh-in #6: 130
    Weigh-in #7: 131.4

Comments: Not sure what happened, can I blame this on my period? T_T

I think I'm finally going to cave and invest in a food scale.
  • gesundundmunter
    gesundundmunter Posts: 210 Member
    Week 7
    Start Weight: 241.8
    Challenge Goal Weight: 220
    Weigh-in #1: 239.2
    Weigh-in #2: 238.6
    Weigh-in #3: 239.0
    Weigh-in #4: 239.0
    Weigh-in #5: 238.8
    Weigh-in #6: 239.4 (lowest 237.6)
    Weigh-in #7: 237.0

A positive thought I had this week was: There is hope.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Cheese omelette with spinach.
    My most effective workout this week was body cycle.

Comments: I bought nice workout and dance clothes but have not taken the time for it due to school stress. I lowered total intake closer to MFP goal, not counting on exercise as much as before.
  • leonadixon
    leonadixon Posts: 479 Member
    Start Weight:200.8
    Challenge Goal Weight:190
    Weigh-in #1:201.8
    Weigh-in #2:199.6
    Weigh-in #3:201.6
    Weigh-in #4:202.6
    Weigh-in #5: 200.0
    Weigh-in #6: 201.8
    Weigh-in #7: 198.4

A positive thought I had this week was: I can do this!
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I have consistently stayed within or below my calories for most of the week. That's a huge deal for me.

Still not able to get real workouts in. Working on incorporating more types of movement into my daily sitting-at-a-desk-all-day job. Standing more, more trips to do things, parking further, stairs, etc.

I am focused on staying at or under my calories by eating only between 12-8 pm. It has helped me keep from binge eating in the evenings by having most of my calories still to consume.
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 328 Member
    Challenge Start Weight: 220.0
    Challenge Goal Weight: 202
    Weigh-in #1: 218.4
    Weigh-in #2: 215.8
    Weigh-in #3: 215.2
    Weigh-in #4: 214.0
    Weigh-in #5: 212.6
    Weigh-in #6: 211.0
    Weigh-in #7: 210.0
    Loss: -1.0

A positive thought I had this week was: I am getting there, slowly but surely
    A healthy meal I chose this week was: Spaghetti quash with chicken sausage
    My most effective workout this week was: C25K and a full body strength routine

Comments: I'm still trying to kick this cold, so I didn't get to the gym as much as I wanted to last week. I'm feeling better so hopefully this week will be better. I decided to adjust my goal and expectations to lose 1 to 1.5 pounds per week instead of 2, it's just more realistic and I think it will help me not get discouraged. That being said, I am DETERMINED to get below 200. One day...
  • spzjlb
    cxwhit3 wrote: »
    Week 7—

Weigh-in #7. 175.4

A positive thought I had this week was: don’t make excuses, just accept and move on

Comments: I’ve been a little disappointed in my progress even though I have been staying pretty much on track. In the past it seemed like the weight came off much easier. Hmmm. It’s been 10 years or more since I have seriously attempted to lose weight. So I’ve had to realize that the slower loss is partly due to getting older and metabolism slowing down. Next session, if we have one, I will adjust my expectations. Happy Monday Everyone!

Hi @cxwhit3 - I have to intervene and say that your progress is amazing. I don't know what you truly expect to see on the scale, but you have no reason to be disappointed. Think about it, in less than two months, you have lost OVER 10 lbs. That is amazing and a very healthy, SUSTAINABLE rate.

Perhaps you should have other indices of progress, such as body measurements or fitness evolution. I've lost 30 lbs over the years and never once took a measurement, but I am very regretful. It is too easy to become a slave to the scale and lose sight of the big picture.

Don't let yourself play head games with yourself. Think of your progress and not some invisible failure. Just keep positive. Patience, patience, patience.

FEEL PROUD!
  • shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Week 7

Starting Weight: 162.2
    Challenge Goal Weight: 155
    Week #1: 163.2
    Week #2: 161.0
    Week #3: 160.8
    Week #4: Vacation
    Week #5: 163.0
    Week #6: 161.8
    Week #7: 161.4

I've decided to eat back half my exercise calories and see what happens. Can't slow down things any more than it is right now!
  • Megan91384
    Megan91384 Posts: 98 Member
    Week 7

Start Weight: 205.8
    Challenge Goal Weight: 193.8
    Weigh-in #1: 206.8
    Weigh-in #2: 205.6
    Weigh-in #3: 202.6
    Weigh-in #4: 201.6
    Weigh-in #5: 201.2
    Weigh-in #6: 202.0
    Weigh-in #7: 202.0

A positive thought I had this week was: Just keep with it and take it one day at a time.
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: Salads
    My most effective workout this week was: Zumba

Comments: I've been stalled for a while but haven't been logging as well as I know I need to. Hopefully the past few weeks of stress are behind me and I can focus on myself more. I have dinners preplanned for the family and I and am buying some meal prep containers this week so I can do more meal prep on the weekend.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    Week 7—

Start Weight: 132.6
    Challenge Goal Weight: 126
    Weigh-in #1:132.2
    Weigh-in #2: 129.6
    Weigh-in #3 130.6
    Weigh-in #4 129.2
    Weigh-in #5 127.4 Woot woot! Down 5.2!
    Weigh-in #6 SKIPPED - On a cruise ship, living it up!
    Weigh-in #7 129.8

A positive thought I had this week was: ON VACATION! THEY WERE ALL POSITIVE!

My most effective workout this week was: Walking up and down the stairs on the cruise ship. Tried not to take the elevator, unless my heels or alcohol content said otherwise! ;-)

Comments: Feeling good because despite endless, unlimited food and alcohol, I am only up 2.4 pounds---and hopefully that's just bloat! I ate anything I wanted, just in small portions, ordered two entrees when I wanted, and thoroughly enjoyed myself. Moderation was key!
  • spzjlb
    arameni wrote: »
    Week 7 —

Start Weight: 148
    Challenge Start Weight: 133
    Challenge Goal Weight: 125
    Weigh-in #1: 133.8
    Weigh-in #2: 132
    Weigh-in #3: 131.6
    Weigh-in #4: 131
    Weigh-in #5: 128.8
    Weigh-in #6: 130
    Weigh-in #7: 131.4

Comments: Not sure what happened, can I blame this on my period? T_T

I think I'm finally going to cave and invest in a food scale.

Don't feel badly. Yes, TOM can make a huge difference to some people. You can retain water for lots of reasons (salty food, new exercise, etc.). Most importantly, the closer you get to your goal weight, the slower the losses. A food scale might just be the answer! You are really doing well, so don't beat yourself up.
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Challenge Goal Weight: 174
    jan 7 week #1 183.8
    jan 15 week #2 - 180.2 (just started elimination diet phase 1)
    week #3 - 179.2
    week #4 -
    week #5 -
    week #6 - 178.4
    week #7 - 177.6

A positive thought I had this week was: Yay, I can eat citrus and potatoes!
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week was: I'm obsessed with rice cakes, melted coconut butter topped with strawberries. Best dessert. This may have been my answer to last week. Haha.
    My most effective workout this week was: I got to TRX! My trainer was on vacation so I really pushed myself and I was sore. But I did a lot better than I did before because of my training. I was super proud of myself and the improves I've made in my body.

Comments: Had a decent week, though, I went out for Mexican food on Saturday thinking, "Oh, I'll test corn" because I needed to test a new food. I had tested citrus, no reaction and tested some nightshades (tomatoes and potatoes) with also no reactions. I shouldn't have tested processed corn and eaten real corn instead. Anyway, long story short, the next day I felt horrible. My lower back felt tight again, my muscles felt sore, my body didn't feel rested after getting about 8 hours of sleep, my Zumba workout wasn't as good as it's been before, I was so tired and low energy all day. I almost fell asleep in the car when we were driving out of town (I was a passenger, thankfully). It was like I was hit with a truck.

In short, I think I may have a problem with corn. I'm waiting to get back to normal so I can test a new food, but I need to wait till I get these symptoms out of my body. I'll test corn again towards the end, but I think I'll test eggs as I miss another protein. I'm worried about the corn because corn is sadly added into so many foods. It's insane. It seems more prevalent than gluten and soy. I never realized what a filler it was in food.

Anyway, I hope to feel better soon. I couldn't believe I had such a strong reaction. It may be the chili or salsa I had, but I had decent amount of tortilla and tortilla chips. We'll see! I hope I don't have an egg reaction.
  • nvasquez41
    nvasquez41 Posts: 59 Member
    Start Weight: 140.8
    Challenge Goal Weight: 133
    Weigh-in #1: 140.8
    Weigh-in #2: 139.8
    Weigh-in #3: 140.4
    Weigh-in #4: skip
    Weigh-in #5: 139.8
    Weigh-in #6: 139.4
    Weigh-in #7: 138.6

A positive thought I had this week : I noticed that my arms feel smaller, I'm pretty sure that I've lost some fat off them.

A healthy snack/meal I chose : Overnight oats with lite vanilla soy milk and chia seeds, for me it was very filling and gave me energy through my morning shift.

My most effective workout this week was : A work out video from Shelly Dose on youtube in my living room. Lots of push-ups, cardio, and also strength training.
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    Start Weight: 152lb
    Challenge Goal Weight: 140-144
    Weigh-in #1: 149
    Weigh-in #2: 146
    Weigh-in #3: 147 / 66.8kg
    Weigh-in #4: 145 / 65.9kg
    Weigh-in #5: 143 / 65.2kg
    Weigh-in #6: 144 / 65.7kg
    Weigh-in #7: 143 / 65.1kg
    Total loss: 9lb

I've lost the lb I gained last week, and perhaps just a sneaky extra 100g more. I am going over my target calories most days still, but (at least according to Fitbit) staying under maintenance. I have downloaded all my calories in calories out data to work out my predicted loss since the start, based on my actual deficit. It currently sits a couple of lbs less than what I have actually lost, but obviously doesn't include the initial water weight/Christmas bloat loss.

Food choices: not awesome, not utterly dreadful
    Most effective workout: I am still getting over this cold, so proper exercise is off the cards. While stuck at home and unable to go for a real walk (child did not want to move) I had a go at one of Leslie Sansone's YouTube miles and actually it was pretty good to get some additional steps in while simultaneously watching Winter Olympics.
  • YAJ3507
    YAJ3507 Posts: 41 Member
    Start Weight: 215
    Challenge Goal Weight:190
    Weigh-in #1: 215
    Weigh-in #2: 212.4
    Weigh-in #3: 214
    Weigh-in #4: 212.6
    Weigh-in #5: 210.6
    Weigh-in #6: 212.8
    Weigh-in #7: 212

A positive thought I had this week was: Not feeling very positive this week. :neutral:
    A healthy snack/meal I chose this week: Toast with egg whites, goat cheese, and pesto.
    My most effective workout this week was: Interval run

Comments: Not feeling motivated this week!
  • Zipbsky
    Zipbsky Posts: 99 Member
    Week 7—

Start Weight: 150 ish
    Challenge Goal Weight: 145
    Weigh-in #1:149.6
    Weigh-in #2: skip
    Weigh-in #3: 150.2
    Weigh-in #4: 152.2
    Weigh-in #5: 150.4
    Weigh-in #6: skip
    Weigh-in #7 149.8

So, this week was a wash for me. I probably only logged 4/7 days. I have been slacking with the gym too. My job can be very physical, so ultimately being strong and protecting myself from injury is more important to me than my weight. This coming week, I am going to work on getting to the gym more. Once I am back in the habit of working out, I will refocus on my diet.
  • cxwhit3
    cxwhit3 Posts: 293 Member
    spzjlb wrote: »
    cxwhit3 wrote: »
    Week 7—

Weigh-in #7. 175.4

Hi @cxwhit3 - I have to intervene and say that your progress is amazing. I don't know what you truly expect to see on the scale, but you have no reason to be disappointed. Think about it, in less than two months, you have lost OVER 10 lbs. That is amazing and a very healthy, SUSTAINABLE rate.

Perhaps you should have other indices of progress, such as body measurements or fitness evolution. I've lost 30 lbs over the years and never once took a measurement, but I am very regretful. It is too easy to become a slave to the scale and lose sight of the big picture.

Don't let yourself play head games with yourself. Think of your progress and not some invisible failure. Just keep positive. Patience, patience, patience.

FEEL PROUD!

Thanks! That’s why I think my expectations were too high. I’m adjusting my perspective
This discussion has been closed.