Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Chinese dinner was good and gorgeous atmosphere....not your ordinary Chinese place. @skinnyjeanzbound I hope you get some Chinese soon. :smile:

Only a tiny loss this week, but any loss is better than a gain. Hoping everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Name: Margie
    Height: 5' 1 ½”
    Highest weight: 295 (Late Aug.2017)

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 278.5
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 271.5

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 278.25
    Jan 12: 273.0
    Jan 19: 272.0
    Jan 26: 272.5
    Feb 2nd: 269.5
    Feb 9: 269.75
    Feb 16: 269.5
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -0.25
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -9.0
    Total weight lost: 25.50
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    The Winter Games

Name: Niki
    Height: 5' 2.5"
    Highest weight: 278.4

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 236.5
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 227.4

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 232.7
    Jan 12: 231.7
    Jan 19: 227.8
    Jan 26: 226.8
    Feb 2: 230.4
    Feb 9: 225.7
    Feb 16: 230.0
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: +4.3
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -6.5
    Total weight lost: -48.4
  • raindogmaa
    raindogmaa Posts: 205 Member
    Thanks everyone for the great support on my giving the boot the BOOT! I have to be very careful still but looking forward to tomorrow's swim!

Winter Games Report
    Name: Cyndy
    Height: 5' 3"
    Highest weight: 252

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 208.8
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 190

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 209.9
    Jan 12: 206.6
    Jan 19: 206.6
    Jan 26: 207.5
    Feb 2nd: 208.8
    Feb 9: 208.8
    Feb 16:206.9
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -1.9
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -3
    Total weight lost: 45.1
  • mrsb899
    mrsb899 Posts: 6 Member
    Hi all, have had to lose a hundred pounds for many years now. Have lost the same 10 lb many times. Good thing is I keep trying :)
  • kbeyer23
    kbeyer23 Posts: 88 Member
    Hi @mrsb899 You're among kindred spirits (for better or for worse- ha!) I'm trying to lose the same 50 pounds I've said both "goodbye!" and "welcome back" to more than a couple times. And once those are gone THEN I'll face the next 75ish that also need to go! :wink:

@raindogmaa nice loss this week!

@b_lisieux You are doing so great this challenge! I just noticed you surpassed your goal weight. Woohoo!
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    canyonGeek wrote: »
    @tdunnegan @mnwalkingqueen @Nikion901
    Thanks so much for your input on vitamins!

Excited about "Think Spring!"

@happygirlxxx I sent you my email. If it's easy to send the spreadsheet, great. (If not, no worries!!) @bapcarrier Thanks!

@jennismagic I badly need to stop buying Halo Top ice cream. We should make a pact ; )

Anyone who knows -- I thought "woo" was a bad reaction -- meaning something like "that's nonsense". Am I doing in the weigh-ins wrong?

I thought Woo was "Whoo-Hoo!" as in way to go! Then I realized it meant Woo:To gain the love of. I stopped using that button in that instant. hahahahaha
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    The Winter Games

Name: Cellosmiles
    Height: 5' 3"
    Highest weight: 257

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018) 227
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 217

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 223.4
    Jan 12: 224.2
    Jan 19: 226.6
    Jan 26: 226.6
    Feb 2nd: 225.2
    Feb 9: 225.2
    Feb 16: 228.2
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: +3
    Weight -/+ this challenge: +1.2
    Total weight lost: -28.8
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    @canyonGeek hi! I have not received your email yet. where did you send me the message to?
  • cjbrummet
    cjbrummet Posts: 66 Member
    edited February 2018
    Name: Catherine
    Height: 5'3"
    Highest weight: 256 lbs.

Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 220.6 lbs.
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): (199 lbs.)
    Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 219
    Jan 12: 215.6
    Jan 19: 214.4
    Jan 26: 211
    Feb 2: 210.4
    Feb 9: 210
    Feb 16: 208
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: -2.0 lbs
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -12 lbs
    Total weight lost since 1/15/16: -48 lbs

Sorry I haven't posted last week for the challenge and even this week is late. I have been on call alot for work and I honestly forgot to post. But I am posting anyway just to hold myself accountable.

For a few weeks my weight was toggeling back and forth between 211 and 210 and I was disappointed that I was not having the success that I was having in the beginning. But as I have said before that even losing one pound a week adds up to 52 pounds after a year. So stick to the plan and don't give up. I have started working out again and it is slow going. I am going 3 times a week and work out for 30 mins whether it be running on treadmill, using weight machines or attending a class. Work has made it difficult to do but I keep trying.

My friends at work have noticed my recent weight loss and it helps me stick to my diet when I hear their words of encouragement.

My goal of breaking into onderland doesn't seem likely, eight pounds in one week not going to happen. I should never have made a goal of 21.6 pounds in only 2 months. A more realistic goal would have been 12 - 16 pounds (1.5 - 2 pounds a week) but I couldn't help but reach for onderland. I will get there though, just not by Feb 23. I would have liked that to be a birthday present to me (March 1) Eight pounds in 2 weeks still not likely to happen.

Well here's wishing everyone a happy week and a healthy life.
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    @canyonGeek tracker sent! any questions let me know.
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    The Winter Games

Name: Barb
    Height: 5'3”
    Highest weight: 258
    Start Weight (Jan 1, 2018): 204.8
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018): 195

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 206.2
    Jan 12: 202.8
    Jan 19: 202.8
    Jan 26: 204.2
    Feb 2nd: 202.8
    Feb 9: 203
    Feb 16: 203
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -1.8
    Total Weight loss overall: -55

I am also late posting this week. I'll have the report in a few minutes.

Just a few things to catch up on, I also thought the Woo meant Good Going or something to that effect and have been using it that way. Oops, can't go back and look at other posts without losing this one and can't remember what else I planned to comment on....oh well, sorry about that.

AFM I have been really struggling for several weeks now. I'm hoping that after taking a break for the next month and enjoying friends and my vacation, etc. I will be able to get a renewed outlook and be able to jump back in and continue on to my goal of losing another 50 plus pounds. I better get going and figure out this weeks challenge report. :)
  • cjbrummet
    cjbrummet Posts: 66 Member
    edited February 2018
    When I hear woo I think of playing The Sims and woohoo was what they called having sex....lol
  • Nikion901
    edited February 2018
    Sunday Share ....
    Bummed ... Bummed-Out ... Discouraged ... dispirited ... glum ... broody ... (yep! Broody ... just like one of my mom's old chickens when she would want to sit on some eggs ... Oh, no ... not like that) ... Downcast ... In the pits ... miserable ... Down in the mouth ... (Yes, that's it ... I need to be down about what I put into my mouth! ... then I can feel all the opposites of these negative words I'm using today).

Why am I feeling thusly? Because I am up a goodly amount of weight in just a few short days ... and I only overate on 3 of those days. And my overage calories didn't add up to almost 5 pounds gained. They added up to about 3/4 pound gain. But ... that's not the rest of the story ... the rest is that I am feeling poorly in the middle cause something just ain't moving the way it's supposed to.

So ... I did some research about Fiber and think that maybe I can make some positive changes to what is going on in there by being more choosey about which type of fiber I'm getting when ... and of course, proper hydration.

The Facts About Fiber ...
    Fiber works as a regulator and can be effective both with aspects of 'not normal' ... the uncomfortable C and the messy D.

Fiber helps pull water from your colon, but it also absorbs excess fluid in there like a sponge. It depends on if it is Soluble or Insoluble ... The sponge is soluble fiber.

What type of fiber you should eat depends on what's going on with you.
    Which is which? In fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, generally the outside, or skin, is insoluble. This is known as roughage, it doesn't dissolve in or absorb water. The soft inside is soluble, and that is the sponge. :wink:

Here's a list ... (I'm gonna try to match up the type of food based on it's primary fiber type to see if I can fix this overstuffed and weighted down digestive tract so that I finish our challenge close to or my target goal ... cause right now I'm a month away from it, all in the space of 3 or 4 days)
    Soluble fiber also helps to lower your cholesterol and control your blood sugar. Foods that have soluble fiber include:
    Oats
    Beans, peas, and other legumes Sweet potatoes
    Apples
    Mangos
    Plums
    Berries
    Peaches
    Kiwi
    Figs

These foods have insoluble fiber:
    The skins of fruit
    The skins of beans
    Potato skin (especially when it’s crispy, but avoid french fries, which are high in fat)
    Whole wheat, wheat bran, and whole-grain cereal products
    Brown rice
    Seeds
    Broccoli
    Spinach
    Carrots
    Cucumbers
    Celery
    Lettuce
    Zucchini
    Tomatoes

So .. It looks like today, and for the next few days at least, I will be eating from the second list and drinking many glasses of water ... and staying away from my breakfast porridge of oats and berries, and no more sweet potatoes and apples ... and while it's not on there, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that I need to lay off the pink grapefruit I've eaten every day the past 2 weeks.
    :neutral:
  • DebCountsAll
    DebCountsAll Posts: 471 Member
    Nikion901 wrote: »
    Sunday Share ....
    Bummed ... Bummed-Out ... Discouraged ... dispirited ... glum ... broody ... (yep! Broody ... just like one of my mom's old chickens when she would want to sit on some eggs ... Oh, no ... not like that) ... Downcast ... In the pits ... miserable ... Down in the mouth ... (Yes, that's it ... I need to be down about what I put into my mouth! ... then I can feel all the opposites of these negative words I'm using today).

Why am I feeling thusly? Because I am up a goodly amount of weight in just a few short days ... and I only overate on 3 of those days. And my overage calories didn't add up to almost 5 pounds gained. They added up to about 3/4 pound gain. But ... that's not the rest of the story ... the rest is that I am feeling poorly in the middle cause something just ain't moving the way it's supposed to.

So ... I did some research about Fiber and think that maybe I can make some positive changes to what is going on in there by being more choosey about which type of fiber I'm getting when ... and of course, proper hydration.

The Facts About Fiber ...
    Fiber works as a regulator and can be effective both with aspects of 'not normal' ... the uncomfortable C and the messy D.

Fiber helps pull water from your colon, but it also absorbs excess fluid in there like a sponge. It depends on if it is Soluble or Insoluble ... The sponge is soluble fiber.

What type of fiber you should eat depends on what's going on with you.
    Which is which? In fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, generally the outside, or skin, is insoluble. This is known as roughage, it doesn't dissolve in or absorb water. The soft inside is soluble, and that is the sponge. :wink:

Here's a list ... (I'm gonna try to match up the type of food based on it's primary fiber type to see if I can fix this overstuffed and weighted down digestive tract so that I finish our challenge close to or my target goal ... cause right now I'm a month away from it, all in the space of 3 or 4 days)
    Soluble fiber also helps to lower your cholesterol and control your blood sugar. Foods that have soluble fiber include:
    Oats
    Beans, peas, and other legumes Sweet potatoes
    Apples
    Mangos
    Plums
    Berries
    Peaches
    Kiwi
    Figs

These foods have insoluble fiber:
    The skins of fruit
    The skins of beans
    Potato skin (especially when it’s crispy, but avoid french fries, which are high in fat)
    Whole wheat, wheat bran, and whole-grain cereal products
    Brown rice
    Seeds
    Broccoli
    Spinach
    Carrots
    Cucumbers
    Celery
    Lettuce
    Zucchini
    Tomatoes

So .. It looks like today, and for the next few days at least, I will be eating from the second list and drinking many glasses of water ... and staying away from my breakfast porridge of oats and berries, and no more sweet potatoes and apples ... and while it's not on there, I wouldn't be surprised to learn that I need to lay off the pink grapefruit I've eaten every day the past 2 weeks.
    :neutral:

Thank you. I am also having this issue and plan now to do the same, based on your research.
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Sunday share
    Read posts from last week. So grateful for how various isues resonate among us... the food we choose even though we know we cAnt restrict ourselves to the portions
    The angst of gaining back pounds lost.
    The trials with exercise regimens
    And the personal events in our lives that one or another of us share in common.
    The trips, family, celebrations and photos
    The ups and downs of life that so oftentimes tie back to our eating habits
    So on this Sunday I give thanks.

Have a great week all.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Hi guys! Sorry I haven't posted in a couple of days. I was in a car accident Friday afternoon--I'm fine; my car is not. I'm so sad b/c I LOVE my car, and it had to be towed away Saturday morning for repairs. Hopefully, I will find out tomorrow how long repairs will take. I'm glad no one was hurt and the other guy has good insurance (he was at fault), but I can't wait to have my Challenger back. The rental I'm driving is the same make/model of the very first car I bought when I got out of college, so it feels a bit like I've regressed. LOL

No loss this week, but I'm not surprised given the big drop last week while I was sick. I'm just happy that my weight didn't float right back up the 5 lbs I lost and continued to stay right around 196-198 all week.

Name: Karen
    Height: 5' 7"
    Highest weight: 247

Start Weight (Jan 2, 2018) 205
    Goal Weight (Friday, Feb 23, 2018) 190

Weigh-ins on week of
    Jan 5: 203
    Jan 12: 202.4
    Jan 19: 202.4
    Jan 26: 202.2
    Feb 2nd: 201.8
    Feb 9: 196
    Feb 16: 196
    Feb 23:

Weight -/+ this week: 0
    Weight -/+ this challenge: -9
    Total weight lost: 51 lbs
  • b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    @skinnyjeanzbound Thank goodness YOU are ok! Cars can be fixed...not so easy with humans sometimes. Hopefully you get your car back all good as new soon.

@Nikion901 You did a lot of research! Thanks for the lesson. I hope what you learned is exactly the solution you need.

@mrsb899 Welcome. I've been in your shoes. We are all here to support one another on our similar journey.

@kbeyer23 Thanks for the kind words. Yes, I met my challenge but not by much. And this week so far isn't that great. Too many darn events that revolve around food. I do my best but it's difficult. I had set my goal at 1 lb per week but if I do another challenge, I'm lowering that to maybe 3/4#. At my age I lose sooooooo soooooo slow. Better than gaining though.

@canyongeek Hmmm, I thought when someone writes Woo or WooHoo that it's a cheer, like good going or way to go...a good thing.

I have a question.....when you first sign up with MFP, entering all your data, it gives you a target range for calories. As you lose weight, and some of you have lost a significant amount, do you change your daily calorie allotment? Or, do you still use the original number from MFP?

Have a great day everyone?

• Nikion901
    edited February 2018
    b_lisieux wrote: »

I have a question.....when you first sign up with MFP, entering all your data, it gives you a target range for calories. As you lose weight, and some of you have lost a significant amount, do you change your daily calorie allotment? Or, do you still use the original number from MFP?

Read this article -- it gives you the answer you seek.

https://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/en/portal/articles/280597-will-my-goals-change-if-my-weight-changes-

PS ... sorry ... my post didn't really answer your question ... I change my calorie goal.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @b_lisieux --When I first started, I was at 1200 net calories to try to lose 2 lbs/week. As the weight came off, I actually increased my calorie allowance to lose at a slower rate of 1 lb/week. After losing 60 lbs, I maintained for a couple of years and found that my maintenance calories were around 1800/day. Now, I have my goal set at 1200 net, but I really just try to eat below 15-1600 net.