Step counter

I have a step counter app on my phone that syncs with this app. If i take a 30 minute walk at lunch, should I log the exercise or just count the steps? Thx!

Replies

• middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    If you are syncing the steps you don't log them, that would be double dipping.
    Just make sure they sync.

Cheers, h.
  • THeADHDTurnip
    THeADHDTurnip Posts: 413 Member
    edited February 2018
    Also keep in mind that if you are driving in a car, each subtle bump in the road records steps taken. So watch out. Disable it when not in use.

I work machinery and I thought I was walking 10km a work day.. it turned out I wasn't. Lol
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Your step counter is synced with this app so you wouldn't log your walk as exercise as it will be already figured in.
  • amandanava88
    amandanava88 Posts: 1 Member
    I have an Apple Watch and it says that it’s linked but it’s only counting the steps if I’m holding my phone. Am I missing something?
  • DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    I have an Apple Watch and it says that it’s linked but it’s only counting the steps if I’m holding my phone. Am I missing something?

Yes. The watch tracks steps by itself and should sync them to your phone. Dig through the Health app settings on your phone/watch and you'll probably find something to enable the function if it isn't active already.
  • Fl_Gal_2001
    Fl_Gal_2001 Posts: 3 Member
    Thanks everyone!