Need to crack this sugar addiction.....if I could just do that I know I would succeed !

Replies

• GrammiJano
    GrammiJano Posts: 28 Member
    I look at sugars as fast sources of energy. Sometimes my body craves it. But if I plan ahead of time, and eat a good meal full of proteins, fats and carbs (less the refined sugars), my body is much more satisfied because of the slow release of energy from the macro molecules. One step at a time, you can do it.

• snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    GrammiJano wrote: »
    Thank u it's just that when I eat say a small sweet or a cereal bar it just seems to make me crave more it's like I have no self control at all. Wish it was different.

For many people, yes, it seems that way. Log and count your calories. Don't cut your calories too low. If you're hungry sooner or later you may binge big time. If your calorie goal is doable, and you weigh and measure everything with a digitale food scale, you'll find that it isn't so hard. Sweets usually take care of themselves over time, because you can see while logging that they push your calories up. If you stay within your goal, you'll have to cut down. Don't worry, you can do this. Good luck. Remember, we want a success story in the future.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    z3dreamer wrote: »
    I fix it at the store. I don't buy anything with sugar, fructose, etc. No fruits. I do not buy cereal bars. I have switched away from cow's milk. I am a CHOCOHOLIC. Every day, for a snack or small meal I have 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder (cheap store brand) in unsweetened almond milk. About 210 calories - 60 for the milk, 150 for the scoop. Late at night when the chocolate calls, I will sometimes have another. It can be very filling. And that is less calories than other choices I have made.

I also have begun purchasing flavored, sparkling water. The fizz and the flavor will sometimes help me get over the craving.

I hate celery. I hate celery. Someone suggested celery with peanut butter, almond butter, whatever butter. This tends to be a snack that cures my need for sugar and chocolate. This is about 200 calories. I do this almost daily. Did I mention that I hate celery? But I find it useful. No wonder celery is so cheap in the store.

Someone suggested the 85% chocolate. It is an intense chocolate fix. Four squares is about 230 calories. BREAK OFF THE FOUR SQUARES IN THE KITCHEN. DO NOT BRING THE BAR WITH YOU.

These are all tricks that have helped me. You must find your own.

I also love sauces and have many low cal fixes. But that is for a different discussion.

4 squares is too much even for me when it comes to dark chocolate actually. I usually get 2, but it kills the craving.