Tall Ladies (5'8" and up) or anyone here to motivate!!!

2»

Replies

• cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    gwenarina wrote: »
    Hey, I'm 6'. Just started tracking my calories about 5 days ago. My current weight is 204; was at about 208 about 5 days ago ( I think some bloating there but was my highest weight ever). Looking to get back to about 175 or 180. Lowest I think I would want would be 165. Question: Does anyone have a good sense of what typical calories would be recommended for someone my height? I'm currently aiming for 2,190. When I tried for 2,000 in past boughts of tracking I would sometimes feel starved and I can get faint at points, so I want to be careful of that. Gonna try to eat more protein this time around, and work to eat more regularly (I am a bit ADD and often get abosrbed in what I'm doing, so I need good healthy snack food prepared so I can quickly eat and not get too low blood sugar). Anyway, if any of you have recommendations or thoughts let me know! I'm usually pretty active but a neck injury about a year ago and no swimming for about 9 months set me back. Back to swimming now though only once not twice a week. Trying to step it up to twice, but hard with physical therapy twice a week as well. But anyway, I'm working on it! :))

MFP has me at 1700 cal. per day & I'm about the same weight as you are. It's hard to stick to, but I don't think it's unrealistic. Maybe it depends on what you are eating for your calories? But if 2000 is working for you, keep it up!
  • abbysmom814
    abbysmom814 Posts: 103 Member
    Kimberly here! I'm 5'9" and currently weigh 195. My goal weight is 170. I just started back on 21 Day Fix workouts this week and am struggling with major soreness!! I know I just need to push through it and I will feel better next week. I'm trying to focus on drinking at least 64 ounces of water each day and trying to eat more fruits and veggies. I am looking forward to warmer weather soon and walking outside.
  • kaspan
    kaspan Posts: 27 Member
    Kimberly here! I'm 5'9" and currently weigh 195. My goal weight is 170. I just started back on 21 Day Fix workouts this week and am struggling with major soreness!! I know I just need to push through it and I will feel better next week. I'm trying to focus on drinking at least 64 ounces of water each day and trying to eat more fruits and veggies. I am looking forward to warmer weather soon and walking outside.

Holy crap, you're my doppleganger! My name is also Kimberly and my oldest daughter is Abbey :smile:
  • Toshberry25M
    Toshberry25M Posts: 47 Member
    Hi Girl, I'm 25 yrs going on 26!!
  • PrincessTinyheart
    PrincessTinyheart Posts: 679 Member
    Hi! I'm 5'11" and currently weigh about 192 but would like to get down to 160. My daily limit is just under 1500 calories and my diet is almost entirely plant -based. In the past l would severely reduce my calories and end up weak and lethargic. Now I'm focusing on nutrition and keeping my macro percentages as close to ideal as possible while incorporating more exercise into my life. I like to belly dance, pole dance, lift weights, go to P90X and yoga classes and ride my bike. I am always looking for more MFP friends!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    5'11" SW was 173 GW 145. I got down to 142 and have been doing a fair amount of lifting since. Based on my measurements, I am about 148 now, I don't weight myself regularly.
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Hey ladies! Add me, the more the merrier right?!
    I'm 5' 8" starting wt 247 gw 170.
    I've been struggling this winter with sickness including shingles but I've been tracking everyday and trying to make some small habits happen!!!
    I do yoga, walk and dance for my majority of exercise!
  • kaspan
    5"8 started at 260 pounds on june 10th now weigh 164.4 as of today!!!

That's awesome!! Congrats!!
  • kitaemma
    kitaemma Posts: 40 Member
    Hey y’all! I put on some weight after a spine surgery and now I’m trying to lose to take some pressure off of my back. I’m 6’1” and 24 feel free to add me :)
    SW: 215
    CW: 188
    GE: 175
  • larsaingeal
    larsaingeal Posts: 12 Member
    I'm 6'1", SW 323, CW 254, GW 170 Please add me as a friend! I'm using Keto as it keeps my blood sugar in check and helps me lose weight. The weigh loss has slowed down, but I know if I keep at it it will slowly melt off. Also trying some intermittent fasting, but mot everyday.
  • Claire5520
    Claire5520 Posts: 113 Member
    Hi, I’m 5’8, 42 years old, currently 140lbs and would love to get to 135. I’m a runner and have just started training for a marathon and I’m trying to aim for 1800 cals a day. I was at 1400 last month and it just saw a cycle of overeating as was getting too hungry! I also have coeliac disease.
  • CasandraW
    CasandraW Posts: 510 Member
    5’10 starting weight 258
    GW 180
    My diary is open if anyone wants to be friends
  • kaspan
    I think I sent a friend request to everyone here but if you didn't get one from me, feel free to add! I love seeing it other people's updates in my alerts, helps motivate me to keep going!
  • 5"8 started at 260 pounds on june 10th now weigh 164.4 as of today!!!
    Omg! Can you tell me what you did ?
    I’m 5’8, 240lbs. Hoping to get back to 140lbs. :)

• betty_veronica4
    betty_veronica4 Posts: 196 Member
    6' here. Hated the height as a teen, love it as an adult. Aiming for 175. At 200 now. I find that, being tall? Most underestimate how much I weigh.