over calories?

Options
so my calorie goal is at 1570 right now on MFP. i work out 6x a week, and I’ve been seeing a lot of people talking about their exercise calories lately. I never considered eating my exercise calories back before, as I don’t want to overestimate and stall my progress.

with that being said, today I ate about 1600-1700 calories because i felt hungrier. is that considered an off day? should i deduct calories from tomorrow to make up for it or am I pretty much fine?

Replies

• MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    Usually people 'round her advise eating back a portion of your exercise calories. I wouldn't worry about a 100-200 cal overshoot though, bear in mind MFP already gives you a deficit so you're really just eating into that a bit. Although probably not, if you're exercising in your case. I would just continue as normal tomorrow, that's not a big enough number to worry about cutting back on other days.
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Options
    Calculate your maintenance and see what it is, there are lots of maintenance calculators out there just google. Then you won't have to worry about going over a bit, I am over by 69 today, not a big deal I was under by 333 yesterday, these things average out.