Introductions

RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Welcome all UAC March 2018 members!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. I can tell you that it is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• WhineThyme
    WhineThyme Posts: 959 Member
    Hi my name is Teresa and I'm an obese woman who is sick and tired of being obese. FAT IS NOT BEAUTIFUL.
    I'm 53 years old and have been in a depressing marriage for 25 years and so I turned to food as a comfort. DUMB! Anyway I have been using MFP solidly for a week now and logging everything but know that I need accountability so when I saw this group I jumped in. Logging faithfully for the past week made me VERY aware of what I was ordering when I went out to lunch today with a friend. My son is 24 and I realized he is going to get married within the next 5-10 years or less and I don't want to be the obese Mother of the Groom. Yuck!

Welcome to the group and the journey. You can do this!
  • misskatieanne
    misskatieanne Posts: 39 Member
    Hi this is my 1st time doing a MFP challenge. I used to be quite fit but stopped caring after a bereavement. After a good few years of doing no exercise and not eating well I started jogging again last spring and rejoined the gym last summer. I have been exercising for wellbeing until a few weeks ago when I realised I want to really get fit and take care of myself again. I'm hoping this challenge will help me on the 'don't care' days :) good luck to all!
  • eslyon
    eslyon Posts: 5 Member
    Hi,This is my first time doing a challenge on mfp. The last few years I have put on a lot of weight and stopped being active. After the holidays I have started paying close attention to me eating and recently started excising. My goal isn't a specific weight but more of fitting into all my old clothes and feeling good. I need a way to be held accountable and this seems like an effective way. I am excited to be a part of this group and to continue what I started.
  • puttyputty
    puttyputty Posts: 2,993 Member
    I'm in! I already log obsessively and I have exercised every day in February, so far (WOO HOO), so I'm hoping this will give me the extra impetus to eat within my calories every day. I see some familiar faces from other challenges/groups. Hi all!

I'm a 46 y/o woman. OSW 252. CW 241.8.