New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    I tried Arctic Zero Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookie light ice cream last night and while the taste was delicious, the texture was thin and as it melted, the runoff was little more than flavored water. So so disappointing. I'll finish the pint (I ate half last night), but I'll stick with my Halo Top in the future.

Thanks for the heads up! I still might give it a try (if I can find it) since we all seem to have different tastes and if it’s anything like polish water ice I’ll be extremely happy. Where did you find the pints??

I found them at the Giant, in the same freezer where they keep Halo Top. The flavor really was delicious and the chocolate cookie pieces were nice and crunchy, so I can't complain about that at all!

Was it the new Arctic Zero pints or the older pints that have less calories?

The new. Light ice cream as opposed to frozen dessert.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    I tried a couple of the other new Häagen-Dazs flavors, midnight cookies and cream, and coconut and chocolate trio with caramel sauce. I also got the non dairy mocha chocolate cookie, which I hadn't tried before.
    tolg6rryytpl.jpg
    Unfortunately, I wasn't impressed with these ones. The chocolate ice cream in the midnight cookies and cream wasn't chocolaty enough and wasn't very satisfying. The coconut ice cream in the trio was a bit too overwhelming and didn't go very well with the chocolate ice cream, and I couldn't taste the caramel sauce at all. Out of the new flavors I tried so far, I liked the honey salted almond and the vanilla caramel trio much better. For the non dairy mocha chocolate cookie, the mocha taste was strong, but the cookies were good.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Went to IHOP tonight and noticed this.... not sure how I feel about ordering grilled salmon from a pancake house but hey, to each their own xD

rcyhw5m7t9i5.jpeg

Also, the McDonald’s near my house (in Maryland) got six cases of Szechuan sauce in!!!! They’re going to start selling them February 26th, but only until they run out. For those who haven’t had Szechuan sauce, it’s truly everything it’s all hyped up to be (as long as you enjoy Chinese carry out food and general tso’s chicken)!

z4l9xqhibh63.jpeg
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    I found two out of the three new Talenti flavors, Chocolate Caramel Blondie gelato and Cold Brew Coffee sorbetto. I like the Cold brew coffee flavor better - it's a very pure coffee flavor and in my opinion better than other Talenti coffee flavors. Chocolate caramel blondie is good but not great. The chocolate gelato is a good, solid chocolate, but there's supposed to be dulce de leche, which I couldn't taste at all, so the flavor ends up being less interesting than you'd think. The blondies were also a bit doughy tasting.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    05283433-b444-4f93-add0-d20512897087_1.4865b20686bd1b95575e024c2ed660fc.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

Not sure how new this is? Found at Walmart a few weeks ago.

For being a lower calorie Hot Pocket option this is simply amazing! The cranberries add a nice sweetness without being overbearing, the cheddar is very abundant which is nice, & the turkey is there. The cheese sauce seems to at times overpower the rest of the sandwich, but I don't mind since it tastes so delicious.

As with most Hot Pockets/Lean Pockets the sauce oozes out & gets messy.

I’m a huge fan of the hot turkey gobbler hoagie at wawa with cranberry sauce and this is probably going to be the closest thing I can get to it while still being healthy-ish.... AND ITS IN PRETZEL BREAD? Everything looks so perfect... thank you for making me aware of this!!! (P.S. I’m also a huge Dijon mustard fan and I just noticed that... oh goodness...)

@hgycta Did you ever have any luck finding this? I couldn't find it in any local Walmart. On Walmart's online store, it's listed as "2 Pack Lean Pockets Turkey Cheddar Cranb" and says "This item is no longer available." I checked the Hot Pockets website, and it's not there either. I wonder if it's been discontinued recently. That'd be unfortunate.
  • hgycta
    neldabg wrote: »
    05283433-b444-4f93-add0-d20512897087_1.4865b20686bd1b95575e024c2ed660fc.jpeg?odnHeight=450&odnWidth=450&odnBg=FFFFFF

For being a lower calorie Hot Pocket option this is simply amazing! The cranberries add a nice sweetness without being overbearing, the cheddar is very abundant which is nice, & the turkey is there. The cheese sauce seems to at times overpower the rest of the sandwich, but I don't mind since it tastes so delicious.

I’m a huge fan of the hot turkey gobbler hoagie at wawa with cranberry sauce and this is probably going to be the closest thing I can get to it while still being healthy-ish.... AND ITS IN PRETZEL BREAD? Everything looks so perfect... thank you for making me aware of this!!! (P.S. I’m also a huge Dijon mustard fan and I just noticed that... oh goodness...)

@hgycta Did you ever have any luck finding this? I couldn't find it in any local Walmart. On Walmart's online store, it's listed as "2 Pack Lean Pockets Turkey Cheddar Cranb" and says "This item is no longer available." I checked the Hot Pockets website, and it's not there either. I wonder if it's been discontinued recently. That'd be unfortunate.

I’ve been checking EVERYWHERE (Walmart, Target, Giant, Shoprite) and have not been able to find them whatsoever :((
  • hgycta

I’ve been checking EVERYWHERE (Walmart, Target, Giant, Shoprite) and have not been able to find them whatsoever :((

Ugh. :( I can't decide if I envy @kellyjellybellyjelly or if I should be happy not to have had something tasty that would just disappear soon after.

Add a second Giant location and Wegmans. No hot pockets. I also can’t find the new Enlightened pints or even the new Arctic Zero pints! I envy you all! XD
  • hgycta
    New-Pancakes-Syrup-Peeps-Spotted-At-Kroger-678x381.jpg

These are pretty tasty! They don't exactly taste like maple syrup, though. More like sugar-free pancake syrup. Really, really good when diced up and cooked into actual pancakes!

I actually really love peeps so I was excited about this flavor (it speaks to my soul with the pancakes) until I found out it’s Kroger exclusive -.- I’m several states away from any Kroger </3 maybe I’ll find these on eBay if I get desperate enough xD
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I saw this in Giant and couldn’t resist. It has 110 calories per serving (so 440 per pint), so it’s not bad especially compared to Ben & Jerry’s or Yasso’s new lighter pints.
    I got it mainly because I’ve always been obsessed with the no sugar added coconut milk pints by So Delicious, which was my comparison point.
    It wasn’t nearly as dense, which was sort of convenient since I didn’t have to worry about having it thaw. As for flavor, it tasted a lot more like coconut but instead of tasting like caramel I was getting notes of burnt, caramelized sugar reminiscent of creme brulee.
    Overall, I’m in love with it! 10/10 and will be buying again, though it’s about $5.99 which means I won’t be buying it on a regular basis. I can’t wait to try the other flavors, but I think this one will stay my favorite. Also, no sugar alcohols! This is what I was hoping for when Halo Top was announcing a dairy free line instead of that nasty pea protein.
    wbhdxdktla1g.jpeg
    dmqpj5bpb7d3.jpeg
    gaw75ui49yt1.jpeg

The color reminds me of haagan das salted caramel ice cream that I used to LOVE. One of my favorite flavors of all time. 00074570650538_full.jpg

By the way did you see lindas diet delites has coupon "waffles" to get free pack of their waffles? I might order some things and get them to try, you said they are pretty good right?
  • hgycta
    I saw this in Giant and couldn’t resist. It has 110 calories per serving (so 440 per pint), so it’s not bad especially compared to Ben & Jerry’s or Yasso’s new lighter pints.
    I got it mainly because I’ve always been obsessed with the no sugar added coconut milk pints by So Delicious, which was my comparison point.
    It wasn’t nearly as dense, which was sort of convenient since I didn’t have to worry about having it thaw. As for flavor, it tasted a lot more like coconut but instead of tasting like caramel I was getting notes of burnt, caramelized sugar reminiscent of creme brulee.
    Overall, I’m in love with it! 10/10 and will be buying again, though it’s about $5.99 which means I won’t be buying it on a regular basis. I can’t wait to try the other flavors, but I think this one will stay my favorite. Also, no sugar alcohols! This is what I was hoping for when Halo Top was announcing a dairy free line instead of that nasty pea protein.
    wbhdxdktla1g.jpeg
    dmqpj5bpb7d3.jpeg
    gaw75ui49yt1.jpeg

The color reminds me of haagan das salted caramel ice cream that I used to LOVE. One of my favorite flavors of all time. 00074570650538_full.jpg

By the way did you see lindas diet delites has coupon "waffles" to get free pack of their waffles? I might order some things and get them to try, you said they are pretty good right?

Oh yeah trust me I’ve used every single free coupon they email xD I like them, but they’re not like normal waffles at all. The waffles, pancakes, and biscuits all taste the same just in different shapes they’re all really soft and sort of dissolve in your mouth. Super buttery flavor though I love it! I think it’s worth trying especially if you haven’t used the coupon yet ;)

I love all things Haagen daze salted caramel! It doesn’t taste the same at all though and I’d never compare it to actual ice cream or gelato because you really have to like coconut to enjoy it, and it’s not nearly as dense as Haagen daze. :p
  • hgycta
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I really wish Shop Rite still carried Dreyer's slow churned ice cream.

Edys-Slow-Churned-Triple-Filled-Chocolate-Fudge-Cores-Ice-Cream.jpg?resize=599%2C428&ssl=1
    Edys-Slow-Churned-Triple-Filled-Salted-Caramel-Cores-Ice-Cream.jpg?resize=527%2C600&ssl=1
    Edys-Slow-Churned-Triple-Filled-Rich-Caramel-Cores-Ice-Cream.jpg?resize=550%2C558&ssl=1

I have no idea where I'll even have a chance of finding those...

My goodness I need those ASAP....

Also, I went to Dunkin’ Donuts for their new Girl Scout cookie flavored coffees and ordered a peanut butter cookie iced latte. Not impressed, reminded me more of hazelnut and other artificial chemicals than it did of smooth creamy peanut butter. But I mean, I still finished the thing in like five minutes so it couldn’t have been THAT bad. I’ll probably like the caramel coconut one more, I was just excited since I don’t remember Dunkin (or any other coffee place really) selling a peanut butter coffee flavor.... I guess the reason why is its execution is so difficult :pensive:
    e0wo23dntged.jpeg
    bitbe4c4ut5z.jpeg
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    I stole a few drinks of my husuband's peanut butter cookie iced coffee from Dunkin and I liked it! I'm mostly keto though so I don't drink a lot of sweet beverages to compare it to. He really loved it though.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited February 2018
    I saw this in Wegmans and have been wanting to try this for a while now, but at $5.99 for a pint it was more than I was willing to spend. I wrote to the company and was able to have them mail me a $1 off coupon to try it, and this is the last time I'm buying it. Imagine Arctic Zero's vanilla maple had a baby with Wink's frozen dessert pints. Like Arctic Zero, it was pretty dense and tasted like flavored ice water, but it was also a little creamy like Wink and had that weird off-taste. I really don't know how to put it into words, I just didn't enjoy it at all. I could finish it, but for 400 calories I'd rather get a better tasting Enlightened or Halo Top pint. It's plant based and while I'll admit it was better than pea protein, it didn't beat it by much and the hemp was very front and center. I could see some people potentially liking this since it grows on you, just not me because there's so much better out there and I'm not on a dairy-free or vegan diet. Better than Wink, worse than Arctic Zero. 2/10.
    ufmj8purpm52.jpeg

@hgycta thanks so much for giving us heads up on a lot of these products that you love, semi-like, & absolutely hate!

I might eventually try the Giant Coconut Milk ice cream you reviewed that tasted a bit like creme brulee.