Looking for Low Carb Buddies and Recipes

After having a scare with my blood sugar I have decided to follow the low carb diet. I am keeping my carbs between 25-50 per day trying to stay on the lower end if possible. I have lost 4.9 lbs in 2 days so far and my sugar has went from 188 down to 122! (The scare was when I had a urine test and my glucose level came back over 1,000!!! The highest its been tho thru finger stick is 188).

I am looking for others who are doing low carb to help keep me motivated as well as share recipes. I am a pretty picky eater and don't like hardly any vegetables. I can do salads along with the meat and stuff like that just need some recipes to help keep me from getting bored! Feel free to add me as a friend so we can motivate each other!

Replies

• luelue1971
    luelue1971 Posts: 23 Member
    I have found that I feel so much better on low carb. I'D love to do this with you.
  • agrube1968
    agrube1968 Posts: 132 Member
    Awesome!
  • alealehandraa
    alealehandraa Posts: 23 Member
    Feel free to add me too! I'm new at this and i would need some ideas what to eat :) so far i love it. Lost 3kg in one week
  • melinda_m2017
    melinda_m2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Feel free to add me too. I am keeping my carbs at 20 or below. Feeling so much better.
  • You can add me. :) I'm Keto. I stay under 20 grams a day. I also do intermittent fasting.
  • aquamarinex
    aquamarinex Posts: 42 Member
    By all means add me if you wish - I am not extremely low carb but have cut my carbs to under 100g which is a third of what I was eating. I used to be a huge carb eater but am swapping in things like flavoured cauli rice and oomi protein noodles etc instead of what I used to eat. Unlike you I like most veg so am also keeping it simple wih fish/chicken etc and tons of veg.
  • gardendoll1126
    gardendoll1126 Posts: 3 Member
    I just went back on Keto after gaining some of my weight back. Feel free to add me!
  • agrube1968
    Thanks for commenting everyone! I think I have added everyone!
  • MyronWhite1
    MyronWhite1 Posts: 2 Member
    I am interested in low carb. Been working on it but find it difficult to get below 50g...interested how some can stick to 20/25g per day
  • KatsuKitty
    KatsuKitty Posts: 6 Member
    I just started low carb but am high compared to people doing keto - I try for 50 g carbs per day but usually end up between 50-100. Those are almost entirely from vegetables but a bit from things like salad dressings or nuts or the occasional fruit. I feel so much better - I'm not gluten intolerant that I know of but grains are not nice to my tummy.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Fortunately, you say you like meat... that is pretty close to 0g carbs. Eat steak, chicken, fish, etc. Chicken is a very dynamic food that can be made with all kinds of flavors. Just be careful with things like Chinese food, for example, where lots of sugar is added.
  • Sharcupach
    Sharcupach Posts: 1 Member
    I would love to be included! Been doing Keto for a little over a month...16 lbs down!
  • agrube1968
    I am interested in low carb. Been working on it but find it difficult to get below 50g...interested how some can stick to 20/25g per day

It's not easy but can be done. I am keeping my carbs to around 30-35. 1 week down and have lost 10.2 lbs so far!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Here is a quick and easy snack:

Turkey Sushi

12 servings

Ingredients:
    12 slices roast deli turkey (about 10 g each)
    60 grams mayo or any low carb dressing
    12 slices provolone cheese (about 300 g)
    12 thin slices tomato (one large tomato about 180 g)
    1 cup arugula, micro salad greens, or torn lettuce leaves of choice

Directions
    Place a slice of turkey on a work surface. Spread 5 grams (about a teaspoon) of mayo or dressing on the turkey. Top with a slice of provolone cheese and then a slice of tomato. Arrange the greens across the top of the tomato.
    Starting at the end closest to you, roll it up like a sushi roll and slice into sushi pieces. Store leftovers seam down in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.

Here are is the info for one slice of turkey of the size I used (makes 3-4 sushi pieces). You can munch on a few of these throughout the day and still be within your carb limit:

25do4s7rrbg3.png

I like your chart! Is that on MFP?
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    skinnytaste.com will allow you to search for recipes that are specifically low carb and I find them to be really good,and doable.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    amfmmama wrote: »
    Here is a quick and easy snack:

Turkey Sushi

12 servings

Ingredients:
    12 slices roast deli turkey (about 10 g each)
    60 grams mayo or any low carb dressing
    12 slices provolone cheese (about 300 g)
    12 thin slices tomato (one large tomato about 180 g)
    1 cup arugula, micro salad greens, or torn lettuce leaves of choice

Directions
    Place a slice of turkey on a work surface. Spread 5 grams (about a teaspoon) of mayo or dressing on the turkey. Top with a slice of provolone cheese and then a slice of tomato. Arrange the greens across the top of the tomato.
    Starting at the end closest to you, roll it up like a sushi roll and slice into sushi pieces. Store leftovers seam down in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.

Here are is the info for one slice of turkey of the size I used (makes 3-4 sushi pieces). You can munch on a few of these throughout the day and still be within your carb limit:

25do4s7rrbg3.png

I like your chart! Is that on MFP?

No, it's from another website where I keep my recipes.