Fat burners

I'm considering buying this bundle from ideal lean. It comes with two containers of protein and bcaas. And for the price for all 3 its not too bad.

But it also comes with fat burners. Yes I know there is no magical pill to lose fat. But do they provide any benefit?

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Nope.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Do you know what they are... what's in them?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    It looks like it's mostly caffeine, so you could just have an extra cup in the AM for a lot cheaper. You said it - there are no magic pills. And to be honest, I wouldn't give money to any company dishonest enough to sell anything marketed as a "fat burner."
  • jennydelgado09
    jennydelgado09 Posts: 119 Member
    I'm considering buying this bundle from ideal lean. It comes with two containers of protein and bcaas. And for the price for all 3 its not too bad.

But it also comes with fat burners. Yes I know there is no magical pill to lose fat. But do they provide any benefit?

Save your money, There's no benefit to buying protein in a pink bottle. GNC/Optimum nutrition/Pure Protein are just as good.

Yes I know. Not the cheapest. I wanted to go with them because the wide variety of flavors they have.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    It looks like it's mostly caffeine, so you could just have an extra cup in the AM for a lot cheaper. You said it - there are no magic pills. And to be honest, I wouldn't give money to any company dishonest enough to sell anything marketed as a "fat burner."

Or charge $40 for 1.5 lbs of whey protein.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member

Save your money, There's no benefit to buying protein in a pink bottle. GNC/Optimum nutrition/Pure Protein are just as good.

Yes I know. Not the cheapest. I wanted to go with them because the wide variety of flavors they have.

Check Vitamin Shoppe and GNC and amazon for Optimum nutrition flavors
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Most "fat burners" are just caffeine pills sold at exorbitant prices. If you really believe in that just drink more coffee and save yourself some money.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    No-Doze. Just as well.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    BCAAs are pointless too. There's loads of protein powders in all sorts of flavours out there.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Or you can buy caffeine pills at walmart for dirt cheap.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited February 2018
    BCAAs are pointless too. There's loads of protein powders in all sorts of flavours out there.

Exactly what I was thinking - two out of three things in that bundle are completely worthless rip-offs (BCAAs and "fat burners").

If you actually need a protein supplement (i.e., you're not getting enough protein from other foods - which is the only reason you'd need a protein supplement), save your money and buy a tub of protein powder from a good brand such as Quest, Optimum Nutrition, etc. Leave the other useless junk on the shelf.

The general rule for "fat burners" - If it's legal, it doesn't work; if it works, it isn't legal.