• goatg
    goatg Posts: 1,399 Member
    edited February 2018
    ilfaith wrote: »
    goatg wrote: »
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    Medjool Dates. It’s a habit of mine.

Love, love, love. I bought those for a friend a few days ago. She had been eating dates but never tried medjool. Also brought her ceylon cinnamon (she hadn't had that either) :)

me too...my love of dates results in me keeping my stash in my car's trunk which I take a few for a snack in the evening...if they were in my house I'd eat the entire bag! :#

Soooo good.

I also love figs. I grew up with a huge fig tree in my backyard (in addition to a cherry tree, apple trees, and a summertime vegetable garden). They'd be more ripe, plump, sweet, fresh, and delicious than anything I have *ever* seen in a store. I didn't know how good I had it.

I still enjoy figs...but can no longer eat them without thinking of this article I read a while back...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/what-are-figs_us_57bc3dc5e4b03d51368a989a

Figs are gendered. We consume female figs. Female wasps enter the male figs, lay larvae, the female wasp progeny will leave the male fig and continue on to pollinate the female figs, which we consume. So it's just like eating broccoli pollinated by bees.

Idgi?
  • Gould118
    Gould118 Posts: 544 Member
    A $12.00 mango....and it was soooo good <3
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Gasolina
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member

Love, love, love. I bought those for a friend a few days ago. She had been eating dates but never tried medjool. Also brought her ceylon cinnamon (she hadn't had that either) :)

me too...my love of dates results in me keeping my stash in my car's trunk which I take a few for a snack in the evening...if they were in my house I'd eat the entire bag! :#

Soooo good.

I also love figs. I grew up with a huge fig tree in my backyard (in addition to a cherry tree, apple trees, and a summertime vegetable garden). They'd be more ripe, plump, sweet, fresh, and delicious than anything I have *ever* seen in a store. I didn't know how good I had it.

I still enjoy figs...but can no longer eat them without thinking of this article I read a while back...

Figs are gendered. We consume female figs. Female wasps enter the male figs, lay larvae, the female wasp progeny will leave the male fig and continue on to pollinate the female figs, which we consume. So it's just like eating broccoli pollinated by bees.

Idgi?

omg....figs are (were lol) another favorite...ignorance sure is bliss...toasted walnuts and figs? yummy...I think
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Oak
  • bigfootjay
    bigfootjay Posts: 2,492 Member
    Large unsweetened iced tea
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Gould118 wrote: »
    A $12.00 mango....and it was soooo good <3

Sorry. At that price I'd get indigestion.
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Rum
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Do online kindle books count?
  • ladychris29
    ladychris29 Posts: 4,657 Member
    Do online kindle books count?

Always! <3
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Stuff to make salsa and chips
  • iamgroot909
    iamgroot909 Posts: 293 Member
    Tickets to Black Panther
  • TorontoDiane
    TorontoDiane Posts: 1,402 Member
    apple juice lol
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Mcdonalds
  • pigheaded
    pigheaded Posts: 3,083 Member
    Sweet potatoes and chicken
  • marieisme2015
    marieisme2015 Posts: 1,497 Member
    Caramel Vodka
  • Bubbaistrying
    Bubbaistrying Posts: 454 Member
    I will be right over ;)
  • goatg

Soooo good.

Idgi?

omg....figs are (were lol) another favorite...ignorance sure is bliss...toasted walnuts and figs? yummy...I think

I’m fairly certain “fig and walnut” is an amorino gelato flavor *drool
  • goatg

I just bought dates rolled in oat flour and coconut. I haven’t had these for, like, a year. Package is still sealed!