I’m so down. ( Please Help)

Options
2»

Replies

• frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Changes are happening in your body. The closer you get to goal weight, the more the rate of loss will slow down. Don’t even get me started about the last 10 lbs. There are months I don’t lose an ounce, but I’m just happy not to be gaining. Then all of a sudden I’ll lose a 1/2 lb or a pound. Losing 30 lbs is a huge accomplishment. I don’t think you said what your TDEE is but I wouldn’t continue on 1500. Unless you think you can eat this way for life. My BMR is 1430 and my Fitbit says I burn an average of 2100 calories and I’m eating 1800 calories per day. I get grouchy on less than 1600 calories and I’m 56, 5’ 9’ and weigh 155. ***goal of 147-149. You are doing fantastic. Please, please don’t get discouraged.Hugs!!
  • Iwantahealthierme30
    Options
    Take off your shoes and clothes and weigh again. LOL, shoes on a home scale, never heard of such a thing.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    "I look slimmer in the mirror. But at the same weight."
    Maybe you are losing fat & gaining muscle...which is a good thing.

It doesn't work like that. Muscle gain, especially for women, is a long process under specific circumstances.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    "I look slimmer in the mirror. But at the same weight."
    Maybe you are losing fat & gaining muscle...which is a good thing.

It doesn't work like that. Muscle gain, especially for women, is a long process under specific circumstances.

If only it did.......