4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    @_barefoot_ see my profile picture
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Options
    kace_kay wrote: »
    jypvsrh90mat.png

Aww It looks like you must have roused on her and she's giving you the sad face
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    nd50m4bhrqcu.jpeg

My trusty office assistant on a break.

<3
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    e5y1o663bive.jpg

Freckles has taken to big brother duty like a champ. (They only get supervised time together, I promise)

htuspsxnnvuj.jpg

cant remember if I already shared this one a while back, but Freckles and Sydney snuggling on a cold day.

Very handsome dogs :)
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    Options
    _barefoot_ wrote: »
    @_barefoot_ see my profile picture

Oh see I didn't think you could ride it but she's a good size . You live on a farm or something like that .

Yeah, we trail ride. I am hoping she will be my teammate for another 5 years before she has to retire. She is really good to me, but getting older every year. Hopefully she will be able to help get the kiddo started too, if thats what he wants to do.

We have a farm, but she is still boarded for now. She will always have a place to retire in my back yard though. She has more than earned comefortable golden years with me.
  • slimgirljo15
    Options
    jypvsrh90mat.png

Aww It looks like you must have roused on her and she's giving you the sad face

Hahaha it was a combo of her hating the bandana I made her wear &&&& then me making her model it :joy:

Ohh... she looks thrilled :laugh:
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with dog fights? I was walking Ruby on a leash when a pit decided to escape his collar and his muzzle and charge us. He refused to back down or listen to his owner. It took what seemed like forever to break him off her so we could get away. I felt helpless, I had no idea how to handle the situation. I tried to find some protocols to deal with this but came up with a lot of impractical suggestions. Anyone here have some insight?

Ugh its a really crap situation to have to deal with. I dont really have any great advice. If it was a small dog I would pick it up and if the other dog keeps charging kick them in the face when they get close enough. I am guessing your dog is too big for that. Some people (i hear this from runners mostly) carry pepper spray for dogs, but if you have your dog w you i would hesitate to use it and hit my dog. I guess if it were me I would just keep kicking the other dog until they let go. At least your foot has a shoe on that is hopefully more bite proof than your hands would be.

Interested so hear if someone else has better ideas.

Is your pup ok?
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Anyone have any suggestions on how to deal with dog fights? I was walking Ruby on a leash when a pit decided to escape his collar and his muzzle and charge us. He refused to back down or listen to his owner. It took what seemed like forever to break him off her so we could get away. I felt helpless, I had no idea how to handle the situation. I tried to find some protocols to deal with this but came up with a lot of impractical suggestions. Anyone here have some insight?

Sometimes screaming is enough to scare them off. I wonder what a dog whistle would do? Pepper spay may be another option. Some people suggest a walking stick. I know it's not your dogs fault but making sure dogs don't maintain eye contact can be helpful too.

Spraying a dog with water from a hose is the best way I know to break up a fight but only works if you have a hose to do that with.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    csu6m9nbx8xf.jpg