Logging gym classes

2»

Replies

• Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    This doesn't really make sense to me, though. Just because you used a database entry for body pump doesn't mean that number is actually more accurate for you.

You don’t think that the DB entry for the activity I actually did is likely to be any more accurate than the one for a different activity that has even more individual variation?

Possibly. I did body pump, and so much depends on weights used, intensity, etc. I used to log about 350 for an hour. I ate all of them, and weight loss was fine.

I guess my point was that it is still an estimate, and you will still have to monitor results just as @AnnPT77 mentioned.
  • mk11wagn
    mk11wagn Posts: 228 Member
    How come when logging strength exercises it doesn't count any calories?
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    mk1wagn wrote: »
    How come when logging strength exercises it doesn't count any calories?

MFP is just weird that way. You can select “strength training” under cardio to log calories. Watch your results, though, and adjust as needed - the calorie burn from strength training is really difficult to estimate.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    I go to quite a few group classes too and created my own "group fitness" exercise and assigned it a pretty low number. I use it for body pump, bootcamp zumba, 20 20 20, etc.

Those days I don't dip much into my exercise calories.
  • ceiswyn
    ceiswyn Posts: 2,253 Member
    edited February 2018
    I guess my point was that it is still an estimate, and you will still have to monitor results just as @AnnPT77 mentioned.

Which I already said that I do anyway.

Why is this thread still going? I asked a question, and got an answer. What’s with all the people telling me how to do something I’ve been doing perfectly competently for the past year, or wanting me to buy equipment I don’t need and can’t afford, or change up a process that’s worked really well for me for the last 200lb?

I suppose at least on this thread, unlike the last one in this forum, I don’t have anyone flat disbelieving that I dd the exercise I’m asking about :/
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    ceiswyn wrote: »

Which I already said that I do anyway.

Why is this thread still going? I asked a question, and got an answer. What’s with all the people telling me how to do something I’ve been doing perfectly competently for the past year, or wanting me to buy equipment I don’t need and can’t afford, or change up a process that’s worked really well for me for the last 200lb?

I suppose at least on this thread, unlike the last one in this forum, I don’t have anyone flat disbelieving that I dd the exercise I’m asking about :/

These things do take on a life of their own - to offer some more unsolicited advice, I find it easiest to read everything, respond positively or not at all, and let the digressions and unhelpful stuff go. I posted a thread a while ago asking for recommendations for a specific type of pre-made food product, and over half of the responses were either recipies (I clearly stated I wasn’t in a situation to cook right now) or questions about why I wanted the product in the first place. It’s annoying, and hard not to get offended when people clearly don’t listen or question your judgment, but the good advice mixed in usually makes it worth it. And I find most people here really do want to help.