Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Replies

• gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    edited February 2018
    @HGSmith0920 Yes!

I'm planning my trip meals now and I so wanted to go to IHOP for fluffy American pancakes and to a 50s style diner for a milkshake and a burger (so cliché) , but boy everything has so many calories in USA! I'm checking the nutrition infos online and I pancake is like half of my daily allowance! And I'm supposed to go for a brewery tour with my guide. Haven't had a sip of alcohol this year so far! I'm so used to my porridge-sweet potato-sushi for dinner every day that this meal planning seems a big hustle! :D
  • MashaLaFo4
    MashaLaFo4 Posts: 6 Member
    I just started back up on MFP, a few years ago I hit my goal weight and maintained it for a few years, but then emotions took its toll. I currently have 40+lbs to lose and I could definitely use some friends to help me fall back into the swing of things. Feel free to add me, anyone!
  • gymprincess1234
    Masha , welcome !

Good morning everyone!
    It's so quiet here this week. I'm halfway through my US trip, have walked about 7h every day,so took this morning for a longer sleep and a good stretch.
    The place where I'm staying has a scale and I've lost 4kg in these almost 2 months !
    I haven't stuck to 500kcal deficit all the time, mostly 250-300, so I'm very happy!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,261 Member
    that's great gymprincess, where around the US are you traveling?
  • gymprincess1234
    @Evamutt Seattle and Portland
  • Evamutt
    it would have been fun if you came to California
  • gymprincess1234
    Yeah, the weather has been rough! At least portland was sunny, but as I'm already freezing cause of weight loss, I've been shivering in 3 jumpers under my winter jacket !

My legs are killing me now,I've walked about 65km in these days. Really want to do some long stretching and get my blood pumpin on elliptical to loosen up the sore muscles.
    Glad I have the weekend to recover from the trip.

I'm still so happy about the -4kg! It's 8 weeks of tracking today, if I'm not mistaken ( didn't bring my journal with me so can't remember ) ☺️ Hope it continues like this, then I should reach maintenance around August !
  • Evamutt
    that's great gymprincess, the elliptical makes my legs feel so tired, it's hard for me to use. I hope I stop being so hot all the time, even after my current wt loss I haven't cooled off much. It's been very cold here. Last week it was in the 70's & this past week in the 50's, yay. I love the winter. it' makes me feel alive & not hot. Today was the first day I really felt close to normal since being sick.Didn't need to use any inhalers today. I went to the gym this morning, went on treadmill, rowing machine & a few others. Took dogs to dog park, went to lunch with hubby, went to farmer's market & went for brisk 40min walk with the dogs before dark. I downloaded some new music from Hark Nelson & me & hubby were dancing. I want to go to gym in the morning too. My dtr & her family are supposed to come tomorrow to pick up their stuff from the storage.. they're moving into a nice big house after living in a tiny apartment for the last 2 years. Hope everyone has a good week end
  • gymprincess1234
    @Evamutt glad to hear you are feeling better!

Morning!
    My legs are killing me! Really feeling that I walked 40miles! This will be a lazy home weekend. Now I have 6 weeks till the end of uni year and till my next 3 week holiday. I think the weather will be warmer and I will do some hikes around town. Time is flying!
  • gymprincess1234
    edited February 2018
    Hey!
    Checked my planner, I'm on day 3 of week 8 . Enjoying the happy and hunger free gap between TOMs and sticking to deficit. :D
    I've been noticing new bones, especially my hips when I rest my hands on them, feels so odd. Very interesting experience to lose weight when you've been overweight most of your life. Gets some staring in the mirror to adjust.

• Evamutt
    gemwolf110, glad it wasn't more serious with your dog. We put one of our dogs, Pearl on a diet. She has a rare bone disease & hurt her foot a few weeks ago so I'm cooking her veggies to give in between her 2 meals I give her Went from giving her almost 2 cups dog food twice a day to 3/4 cup twice a day. I lifted her up & stepped on scale a few days ago to keep track of her loss, but I couldn't hold her long enough, so I measured her instead. She used to weigh 50 lbs. I had good weekend. I worked today & church was really good. Today was pastry Sunday & there was all kinds of goodies after church. I didn't have any, only some coffee, but it wasn't really hard not to since I don't have much of a sweet tooth but it's really hard for me to resist Breyer's gelato. It's the best ice cream in the world to me, especially the espresso flavor. So It's almost 5 & thinking of going to the gym, but I'm pretty tired from work, we'll see. Hope everyone had a good week endc5l9gzthqd5f.jpg
  • gymprincess1234
    Omg those huskies <3<3<3
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    @gemwolf110 I love your Huskies! I love that breed of dog so much! When I move from where we are now I want to get a dog! I'm hoping we'll be able to rescue a Huskie.

@Evamutt I'm glad you are feeling better! Your pup is adorable too! It reminds me of my DH's dog that passed a few years ago. I'm glad that you can work again.

I didn't end up getting anything done that I wanted to do today. I was gonna go to the church, gym, and library which are all less than a mile from each other. In fact, the gym and my Church share the same building. Lol. But it was pouring this morning so I let the DH take my car to work. His wipers dont work that well, so I didn't end up going into town at all. I slept until almost 1 pm! It felt so nice! But I didn't really do anything after that. It was a total waste(but very relaxing) of a day. The DH and I are currently sitting on the couch watching hockey. Lol. I'm gonna do some job hunting in a bit. I found a few good websites that I used yesterday and sent my resume to 7 or 8 places. I'm hoping that I get some kind of bite from them.

I hope everyone has a great night!
  • Evamutt
    I love your dogs!! couple years ago, our border collie had a genetic liver disorder so I cooked for her. I looked up a diet for liver problem & did that.She passed away. I ended up going to the gym. My attitude was I don't have to stay a long time & do my full work out. I can leave when ever I want so no pressure on myself, it worked out well & glad I went. I'm glad it's Monday tomorrow. I like Monday's (don't work on Monday's)
  • gymprincess1234
    I did a 1h workout - 30min elliptical on an incline and 30min full body circuits. Missed gym so much this week, my current one is super small, cause it's just for the house complex, but that's why I love it, often I'm the only one and can totally zone out.
    Today is one of the days I don't feel hungry at all, so didn't ate all workout kcals back.

Very happy that there is no more snow coming soon and March is supposed to be between 6-14°C. I hope to start running outside. Just to get some natural vitamin D and more fresh air.
  • HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    I HAVE to get to the gym tomorrow! I think I might wake up early and go. Use it kind of like a wake-up. Grab a cup of coffee on my way and head right there. I want to get it done and out of the way. I have a bunch of things to do in the morning, but I want this to be first! I NEED it! Lol. I have really been slipping on it recently. I mean I have been doing some stuff around the house and things, but not any hardcore workouts. I think I might do something like 20 minutes on the elliptical and a 20 min strength workout.
    I have to stop by the college tomorrow morning as well. I want to meet with an advisor to see what I need to do to FINALLY finish my degree...at least my Associates Degree. It's been hanging over my head since 2008. I feel like I need to get this done to feel like I've actually accomplished something by the time I was 30. Lol. I only have 6 months left! Lol.
  • gymprincess1234
    @HGSmith0920 Oh, wow, how come it's taken you 10 years? I've been in uni for 6 years, but I did 1 year of law school, then 1 gap year and I will finish my masters degree in December. That already feels super long !

• rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    Happy Monday, all! I love all the dog pictures that were shared! I don't know if I've ever mentioned this, but I have 3 dogs of my own. They are a handful, but I love them. I especially admire @Evamutt and how she cares for her dog pack! :smile:

I am having major issues with my gym motivation. I've been maintaining the last month. I have been to the gym 3 times the last 3 weeks. Literally once a week. I have long-term and short-term goals for myself, but when the time comes to exercise, I just don't feel like it. I am going to start Beachbody's T25 program tomorrow. I initally purchased it when it first came out, did 3 weeks of it, and quit. The 10 weeks will bring me right to when I leave for vacation, so that should be a good motivator.

I know @Rachel0778 does Crossfit. Does anyone else? I would love to hear about your experiences, because that is another option I have been exploring!
  • gymprincess1234
    Good afternoon!

Was just told my facial features are getting more visible :) My dimples literally give me extra motivation! haha

Feeling a bit weak today. I've been eating pasta and oatmeal and I think my wheat intolerance doesn't like it. Think I will skip gym today.