Bring your crockpot/slow cooker recipes

1323334353638»

Replies

• JLjmckesson
    JLjmckesson Posts: 31 Member
    bump
  • thelettermegan
    thelettermegan Posts: 49 Member
    I've got the dueling crock-pot/instant pot going on now: the instant pot just finished a lovely mushroom risotto, crock pot is channeling Anupy Singla and cooking a spicy eggplant stew. I try to do more vegetarian meal prepping during lent so I have something to eat on Friday.
  • countrycreek
    countrycreek Posts: 753 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    orangegato wrote: »
    We make this regularly (yesterday, actually): http://allrecipes.com/recipe/25147/sarges-ez-pulled-pork-bbq/. I cook it then weigh out my portion and add bottled BBQ sauce after the fact. The tips on adding liquid smoke are right-on.

SO easy. Usually I'll make some rice in the rice cooker and set the timer, so everything is done when I get home from work. I'll zap some frozen veggies in the microwave to round it all out.

Do the same thing in an Instantpot if you got one. Much faster and much better tasting and texture for some reason.

Don't have one. I've been holding out, but starting to really, really want one. We're a busy family. I think an Instant Pot is a worthwhile appliance (I'm choosy about letting new appliances in).

Instantpot is many tools all in one and does ALL very very well.
    It will replace your slow cooker, rice cooker, yogurt maker, egg boiler etc. etc. Unlike air fryers, this is a worth buying tool.

Do you have any suggestion on which model to buy, assuming it is best to go w/ the IP brand?

Any will do. I have the IP 60 duo. Does everything I need it to do.
    You can go fancy and get new ones with blutooth etc... but I dont see the reason for it, yet.
    You can also get the bigger version if you are cooking large meals for big family or want lots of leftovers.

B00FLYWNYQ.Main_1280x1280.jpg?v=1516385476

Thank you!
  • donnabuckner78
    donnabuckner78 Posts: 3 Member
    Rotisserie chicken

Place aluminum foil balls into bottom of crock put to firm a base. Season whole chicken sas desired. Stand chicken on foil. Cook until Leah's are movable and juices run clear.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,181 Member
    I just received a instapot for my birthday, so anxious to hear and learn of new recipes and how to use it!
  • mytime6630
    We make this regularly (yesterday, actually): http://allrecipes.com/recipe/25147/sarges-ez-pulled-pork-bbq/. I cook it then weigh out my portion and add bottled BBQ sauce after the fact. The tips on adding liquid smoke are right-on.

SO easy. Usually I'll make some rice in the rice cooker and set the timer, so everything is done when I get home from work. I'll zap some frozen veggies in the microwave to round it all out.

Do the same thing in an Instantpot if you got one. Much faster and much better tasting and texture for some reason.

I am new to the instant pot - just got one. How do you figure out how long to cook stuff? I want to try the pulled pork ! But last nite I just cooked corn on cob ... 3 minutes like it said ... and it ran out of water and almost burned the corn.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 wrote: »

I am new to the instant pot - just got one. How do you figure out how long to cook stuff? I want to try the pulled pork ! But last nite I just cooked corn on cob ... 3 minutes like it said ... and it ran out of water and almost burned the corn.

Whatever you were doing with the corn, you were doing it wrong.
    The IP comes with an instructional book that also has some basic recipes. Read that before you use it again. Also watch some youtube videos.
    Lastly, https://pressurecookrecipes.com/easy-instant-pot-recipes/
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115500-pressure-cooker-recipes-and-tips

I thought I did it correct. It said 1 cup of water, add the corn, and cook for 3 minutes. This is what I did, and the water was completely gone, and the corn was starting to stick to the bottom of the pot. Maybe because I only had 2 ears of corn in it? But thank you for the links
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 wrote: »

Whatever you were doing with the corn, you were doing it wrong.
    The IP comes with an instructional book that also has some basic recipes. Read that before you use it again. Also watch some youtube videos.
    Lastly, https://pressurecookrecipes.com/easy-instant-pot-recipes/
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/115500-pressure-cooker-recipes-and-tips

Thank for so much for the easy... first recipe on the link ! I think I realized when I made the corn that I forgot to "seal" the top. The eggs are now cooling, so I am anxious to see how they turned out.
  • sierraleigh1
    sierraleigh1 Posts: 18 Member
    Black bean salsa chicken

Jar of salsa(I use great value mild)
    2 cans of black beans
    2 or 3 chicken breast

I cook it all day on low and shredded it. Makes good burrito's or good just to eat by it's self.

• Sheryllowen
    Sheryllowen Posts: 1 Member
    Bump
  • beckys19
    beckys19 Posts: 119 Member
    edited August 2019
    https://therecipecritic.com/slow-cooker-barbacoa-beef/
    I use whatever beef is lean and on sale, lol.....

Used with Ole Xtreme Wellness fajitas, reduced fat sour cream and cheese (along with cilantro, lime juice, and fresh peppers/onions) I can get two 8" fajitas for about 570 calories total. 2 oz of beef, 1 oz cheese, 1 T sour cream per tortilla. I usually just put the plate on the scale, slather on the sour cream, tare, add beef, tare, add cheese. Then fill up with veggies and cilantro....
  • memurph88
    memurph88 Posts: 102 Member
    edited September 2019
    My favorite chicken recipe.
    I've made it for family & friends and they loved it!
    I also like to use it for meal prep.

INGREDIENTS
    1 whole chicken - roughly 5lbs (frozen or thawed)
    1 onion
    2 tbsp paprika
    1 tbsp seasoning salt
    1 tbsp garlic powder
    1 tsp onion powder
    1 tsp salt
    1 tsp fresh ground pepper
    1 tsp thyme
    extra virgin olive oil
    pinch of cayenne pepper

DIRECTIONS
    Place onion in chicken cavity
    Cover chicken in olive oil
    Combine all spices together and apply liberally to entire chicken
    Place chicken on 4 aluminum balls in crockpot
    Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours

*Frozen chicken - LOW for 8-10 hours
    **Remove giblets before cooking
  • memurph88
    memurph88 Posts: 102 Member
    edited September 2019
    Deconstructed Cabbage Rolls

Ingredients
    1 pound raw ground beef (or turkey)
    3/4 medium size head of cabbage chopped
    1 handful of sauerkraut
    1 medium sized green pepper chopped
    1 small onion chopped
    1 15 Oz can of diced or stewed tomatoes undrained
    2 15 Oz cans of tomato sauce
    1 teaspoon minced garlic
    1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 tablespoon beef bouillon
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/2 teaspoon pepper
    1 cup uncooked white rice (not instant)

Instructions
    Add all ingredients except white rice in slow cooker. Stir well to combine.
    Cook on high for 1 hour. Add rice, stir, and cook on high for 3 more hours.

Add before cooking: paprika, parsley, thyme to taste
  • weatherking2019
    weatherking2019 Posts: 943 Member
    Slow Cooker Shredded Beef Tacos

• 2–3 lb. chuck roast
    • Salt and pepper to taste
    • 1 teaspoon cayenne
    • 1 teaspoon ground cumin
    • 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
    • 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
    • 1/4 cup beef broth
    • 2 tablespoons tomato paste
    • 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
    • 1/4 cup lime juice
    • 1 medium yellow onion, diced
    INSTRUCTIONS
    1. Season the beef with salt and pepper to taste then sear all sides over medium high heat in some oil until browned, about 2 minutes per side
    2. Remove beef and set aside
    3. Combine cayenne, cumin, paprika and garlic with the beef broth
    4. Add tomato paste, jalapeno and lime juice and stir to mix
    5. Transfer beef to a slow cooker and toss in diced onions
    6. Pour the beef broth mixture over the meat
    7. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours
    8. Shred beef with two forks and toss to coat with the juices
    9. Dish and serve hot with toppings
  • dabearo
    dabearo Posts: 57 Member
    Flank steak
    Salt pepper
    Crockpot
    3/4 jar salsa verde over un browned meat
    4-5 hours low until tender

Save juice from pot. Add back 1/4 jar salsa to brighten flavor.

I like to carfully remove from crock pot. Wrap in foil with all juices and rest in refrigerator over night. Cold meat will slice great.