New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    edited March 2018
    crazyravr wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Won't be able to find these anywhere near Maryland, but for those in Canada looks like some good things might be coming your way!
    62du3nym67sw.png

On sale starting today at Metro for $5.99 ($6.99 reg.)
    At this price I will buy and pint and compare. I saw them at the store yesterday, and after seeing the size and the price they have to be a God send for me to justify buying them. I honestly did not realize how tiny these things are and that a "pint" is 500ml. So do your math, here is one of the lowest calorie examples, 500ml for 280cal thats 70 cal for a typical 1/2cup (125ml) serving. Lots of options like out there already from Breyers (still not real ice cream) for fraction of this price (this week 2L, thats 4 pints, for $2.99.

Having said that, I will stry it, just to see what this is all about. But at this crazy price will not be buying unless it blows my mind in taste.

How big did you think a pint was? They’re exactly the same size as Häagen Dazs, Ben & Jerry’s, Breyers Delights, and also the same price (Ben & Jerry’s and Häagen Dazs are $6.99 for a pint, regular price).

I’ve also never seen Breyers in a 2L container, or for that low of a price, or that low calorie. Where is this?

I know what a pint looks likes, I just thought that the container was large and the calories were for a pint serving. Thats all.

This week at RCSS and SDM - $2.99 for 2L
    110cal for 125ml or 440 for a pint. They also have a low fat version for 90cal for 125ml or 360/pint.

20301305002_front_a06.png

Ah, I see. Those aren’t 2L, though, they’re 1.6L. I thought maybe you were finding bigger containers than I’ve seen.

Those Breyers containers are $5.99 at my RCSS, but they’re not on sale here. Maybe just in Ontario? Don’t think I’ve ever seen them go down to $2.99. I’ll have to watch for that next time they’re on sale.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    This is why we use freedom units for ice cream...

...and I still remember that sad day when Breyer's downsized its half-gallon carton.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    40nkiruwpat0.jpg

ProYo (if you're familiar) recently rebranded...
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    I just tried the new quest hero blueberry cobbler bar and it was amazingggg. Way too expensive though so I’ll probably never get another one lol.
  • kellymccrea1
    kellymccrea1 Posts: 50 Member
    YoshiZelda wrote: »
    I just tried the new quest hero blueberry cobbler bar and it was amazingggg. Way too expensive though so I’ll probably never get another one lol.

Keep your eye on vitamin shoppe and gnc. Between their sales, and Ebates you can usually get a decent deal on them.
  • pato3472
    pato3472 Posts: 1 Member
    I finally tried the Thin Slim Impastable low carb pasta. I'm not a low carb eater, but the low calories of the pasta was too good to pass up. I had two servings with no stomach issues at all. (I remember seeing someone mention they did because the pasta is so high in fiber.) I'll definitely order these again.

k8rlmffuid0m.jpg

rddse0fcv45g.jpg

Do you know how it compares against Carba-Nada Egg Fetuccini pasta? Carba-nada is really good but higher in caloriesrlhcsruxqf5c.jpg

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    40nkiruwpat0.jpg

ProYo (if you're familiar) recently rebranded...

Are they still owned by the same company? Are the ingredients and macros the same? I was never really a fan in the first place (a bit high in calories compared to Halo Top/Enlightened), but new things always seem to catch my interest so if there's a new recipe or less calories I'm all ears!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    YoshiZelda wrote: »

I don't usually like blueberry but I really love the quest hero bar. I also just saw that Target is selling boxes of 4 for $7.99 so it brings it down to $2 a bar....could help. :)
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    amfmmama wrote: »

I just saw these last night and tried them since they were on sale (Hyvee in Kansas). I liked the cookie dough flavor and enjoyed that I could finish the whole tub for 190 calories (2, 8oz tubs come in a pack). Something about being able to discard the ice cream tub afterwards is satisfying for me. ha
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    busyPK wrote: »
    https://wellscontent.blob.core.windows.net/products/wells-foodservice/chilly-cow-chocolate-chip-cookie-dough.v1.jpgd5qffzm4t8yb.png

I just saw these last night and tried them since they were on sale (Hyvee in Kansas). I liked the cookie dough flavor and enjoyed that I could finish the whole tub for 190 calories (2, 8oz tubs come in a pack). Something about being able to discard the ice cream tub afterwards is satisfying for me. ha

I tried the sweet cream and peanutbutter last night, another winner !
  • HilTri
    HilTri Posts: 378 Member
    I love, love, love Perky Jerky (turkey jerky). It is amazing. I have been eating it for breakfast!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    HilTri wrote: »
    I love, love, love Perky Jerky (turkey jerky). It is amazing. I have been eating it for breakfast!

Really? I thought it tasted metallic, almost like blood, and couldn’t finish it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I discovered these, not sure how new it is... Such a tasty snack. Definitely not going to be a common purchase at $10 a package though...

Volpi_Roltini_12ct_PepperoniOPEN_09.jpg
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    I doubt these are going to be anywhere as delicious as Icon Meals’ power popcorn, but hopefully if nothing else they’ll be more affordable!
    sehb79m0lkh4.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Not very good at all especially after enjoying nutter butter cereal and peanut butter bumpers which are soooooo much better. Mild peanut flavor but nothing I’d buy again. 5A54E4E8-6A4F-2643-4B28-81B5A7DED053-4823.jpeg
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    6qdymmpjpcrd.jpg
    These were both good. The caramel pretzel one especially was good and is my favorite so far out of the Yasso pints I've tried.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    busyPK wrote: »

AH the label is so cute!
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Not very good at all especially after enjoying nutter butter cereal and peanut butter bumpers which are soooooo much better. Mild peanut flavor but nothing I’d buy again. 5A54E4E8-6A4F-2643-4B28-81B5A7DED053-4823.jpeg

Thanks, I will avoid it! I almost purchased a box last week. I got the Kashi® GOLEAN Cinnamon Crisp instead and liked it. It has a strong cinnamon flavor and great macros (for a cereal)...

2gmr1tsckxvs.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Giant has a more wide variety of the Halo Top Dairy Free pints for those that are lactose intolerant. For some reason the Halo Top Gingerbread is still in the Organic section rather than being in the regular ice cream section with the rest. It looked like they now had three Arctic Zero pints, but still not the toffee flavor.

They also have the Skinny Cow pints (none appealed to me so I didn't buy any).
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    I saw this in Giant and couldn’t resist. It has 110 calories per serving (so 440 per pint), so it’s not bad especially compared to Ben & Jerry’s or Yasso’s new lighter pints.
    I got it mainly because I’ve always been obsessed with the no sugar added coconut milk pints by So Delicious, which was my comparison point.
    It wasn’t nearly as dense, which was sort of convenient since I didn’t have to worry about having it thaw. As for flavor, it tasted a lot more like coconut but instead of tasting like caramel I was getting notes of burnt, caramelized sugar reminiscent of creme brulee.
    Overall, I’m in love with it! 10/10 and will be buying again, though it’s about $5.99 which means I won’t be buying it on a regular basis. I can’t wait to try the other flavors, but I think this one will stay my favorite. Also, no sugar alcohols! This is what I was hoping for when Halo Top was announcing a dairy free line instead of that nasty pea protein.
    wbhdxdktla1g.jpeg
    dmqpj5bpb7d3.jpeg
    gaw75ui49yt1.jpeg

The color reminds me of haagan das salted caramel ice cream that I used to LOVE. One of my favorite flavors of all time. 00074570650538_full.jpg

By the way did you see lindas diet delites has coupon "waffles" to get free pack of their waffles? I might order some things and get them to try, you said they are pretty good right?

Tried this tonight & for around 440 calories for the whole pint this was delicious! I loved that it didn't taste overwhelmingly like coconut & seemed to have a lot of caramel flavor in each bite.