This flu is no joke!

So I’ve been sick with the flu since Tuesday. I started feeling bad Monday night & by Tuesday morning I was in urgent care with a fever of 102 & barely being able to stand up. This flu going around is no joke! I’ve never been this sick in my life. I partly blame myself because I really slack on vitamin intake & I’ve been slacking off on eating healthy as well. I truly feel this was the wake up call I needed. I’m trying turn this into a positive & look at it as a reset for my body. I’m hoping I’ll feel well enough to at least do some light cardio over the weekend, but I’ll wait & see how I feel. I just can’t wait to get back on my routine & feel like myself again. Take care of yourselves guys! Do whatever you can to avoid getting this trust me!

Replies

• elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    gosh..get totally better before you stress your body with exercise.. rest..eat healthy things and fruit. get well soon.
  • Stew501
    Stew501 Posts: 65 Member
    I got the flu; and it took me 8 days to get back to gym. Ten days before I got my energy back and felt normal. The flu is definitely a beast this year
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    people are dead here from it.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member

It’s so scary.
  • juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    I agree this flu season is awful. I don't remember ever being this sick before. I got sick a week ago and am just now starting to think I might survive in the long run. My lymph nodes and throat have been the worst part of it. I hope you feel better soon!
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    I agree this flu season is awful. I don't remember ever being this sick before. I got sick a week ago and am just now starting to think I might survive in the long run. My lymph nodes and throat have been the worst part of it. I hope you feel better soon!

I hope you feel better soon too!
  • jamessherlock7825
    jamessherlock7825 Posts: 358 Member
    Luckily never had the flu
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Luckily never had the flu

You are lucky, it sucks.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member

People are dying because it's so expensive to go to the doctor and pay medication that a lot of people can't afford it. Never heard of people dying from the flu in Europe.

Ok, don't want to start a political debate...

OP, I don't think eating your fruit and veggies will do you much good if your body is exposed to the virus. Heck, I know a 'eat clean' mom whose kids are ALWAYS sick. Don't beat yourself up.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

People are dying because it's so expensive to go to the doctor and pay medication that a lot of people can't afford it. Never heard of people dying from the flu in Europe.

OP, I don't think eating your fruit and veggies will do you much good if your body is exposed to the virus. Heck, I know a 'eat clean' mom whose kids are ALWAYS sick. Don't beat yourself up.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jan/25/three-times-more-people-dying-from-flu-in-uk-than-last-winter
  • johnwelk
    johnwelk Posts: 396 Member

Wealthy and the middle class die from the flu, people with insurance die from the flu. People die from the flu because it's deadly, not because the flu doesn't like poor people.

To the bolded
    The European CDC disagrees with you:
    https://ecdc.europa.eu/en/seasonal-influenza/facts/factsheet
  • Thehardmakesitworthit
    Thehardmakesitworthit Posts: 838 Member
    OP sorry to hear it took you down too. Me and my 4 year old both went down with it....for me the worst part was the lymph nodes and throat also....and the fatigue. Ugh.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member

That's nice. But not true.

Flu statistics for France for the flu season 2016-2017 (so one year ago).

http://invs.santepubliquefrance.fr/content/download/134867/484231/version/226/file/Bulletin_grippe_S09.pdf

They estimated 14'400 deaths due to the flu (this is for France alone). The numbers are probably going to be similar this flu season.

Just because you personally don't hear about it, doesn't make it less true.

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    OP I hope you feel better well. I've had the flu earlier this season and it was horrible!
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Went to visit granddaughter just as she was diagnosed with flu (trip to the ER - kind of scary), and within a few days I had the throat pain and swollen lymph nodes and feeling unwell ... but fortunately, that was all & it was gone after a week or so. I credit my flu shot and just general orneriness and two thirds of a century of building immunities lol :)
  • Duchy82
    Duchy82 Posts: 560 Member

An 18 year old girl died from flu in Scotland a couple of months ago. Besides giving people fluids and pain relief and possibly something like tamiflu there isn't much besides vaccination, that doctors can do.

Look after yourself OP you'll be fine in a week or two and you can go back to it.
  • phoebe1975
    phoebe1975 Posts: 55 Member
    I hope you feel better soon! My entire family had an H3N2 strain in 2007..it is just awful. It hits you like a ton of bricks, and you feel like you've been hit with a ton of bricks!