Winter 2018 - Week 9 - March Madness!!!

SmithsonianEmpress
SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
edited February 2018 in Social Groups
This week, as we approach a new month ...
LET’S GET MOVING LADIES! If you have a device that counts your steps, focus on increasing your steps in comparison to last week, in comparison to your previous day or set yourself a daily goal.

Check in here throughout the week!

Replies

• Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    I m in for daily update of steps :)
  • shangrilamama
    shangrilamama Posts: 89 Member
    Oh man do I need this extra push this week. I'll give it a whirl.
  • bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    I’m really, really bad at getting steps in. Seriously, I’m the definition of a desk job “sedentary” and I almost never remember to wear my Fitbit zip!

The weather is looking a little nicer this week, so maybe I’ll go for a few walks around the neighborhood.
  • spzjlb
    spzjlb Posts: 599 Member
    I am pretty lazy in getting my steps in this winter. It's been cold and icy. We have tunnels all around the campus and I will try to at least get down there for a walk as much as possible.
  • LZMiner
    LZMiner Posts: 300 Member
    I have no clue where my Fitbit is! I'll need to carry my phone to count. Great to get home at 5:30 and it was still light out. Took my beloved beast for a walk and then let him romp a bit with another doggie friend.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Hi ladies!

So I’m going to compete using ‘me this week vs me last week’. It’s nearly 10 pm here and I’m headed to bed. According to my Garmin I have taken 8242 steps today as opposed to 6603 that I had last Monday. Yay!
  • poeciliareticulata
    poeciliareticulata Posts: 110 Member
    I've checked yesterday's steps (11,852) against last Monday (12,255), so I am going for a weekly total that beats last week's 82,056! Yikes! This is going to be a challenge because winter has just re-arrived in the UK and this week is forecast to be colder and snowier than any other week this winter!
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    I've checked yesterday's steps (11,852) against last Monday (12,255), so I am going for a weekly total that beats last week's 82,056! Yikes! This is going to be a challenge because winter has just re-arrived in the UK and this week is forecast to be colder and snowier than any other week this winter!

Those are some impressive numbers!!! Great way to be active :smile:
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Last Tuesday - 5882; Today - 7447 :)
  • poeciliareticulata

Those are some impressive numbers!!! Great way to be active :smile:

Getting steps is the only exercise I do. So that includes both intentional exercise and general activity. A half hour brisk walk plus the school run and other day-to-day stuff will usually get me my 10,000 steps.
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    Monday 11093
    Tuesday 14041 ( more than I wanted )
    Don't know how I will cross yesterday,'s number today :smile:
  • spzjlb
    Hubby slipped on ice last weekend and is on crutches so we’re driving more :(

But I did a proper run in the snowy woods this morning that gave 7200 steps but want to show where I ran - can you see the photo?
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    spzjlb wrote: »

But I did a proper run in the snowy woods this morning that gave 7200 steps but want to show where I ran - can you see the photo?

It’s beautiful out there!!! Yikes! Hope he heals soon.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Yesterday (Wednesday) - 6611
    Last Wednesday - 6467

Today - 5600
    Last Thursday - 4634

:# I’m moving and shaking!!!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Yesterday (Wednesday) - 6611
    Last Wednesday - 6467

Today - 5600
    Last Thursday - 4634

:# I’m moving and shaking!!!
    This is awesome.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    spzjlb wrote: »

Nice run. I hope your husband is ok!
  • spzjlb
    edited March 2018
    [quote/] Nice run. I hope your husband is ok! [/quote]

Husband is doing well. Still on crutches but he’s on the mend.

Naive question: if you have your iPhone if your over the shoulder purse, does it record steps properly? I think I’d does if I’m wearing a small bad that hits my hip. I haven’t done “the experiment” to check. Perhaps someone knows?
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Last Friday - 5717
    Today - 7377 :#
  • poeciliareticulata
    It's not going well. I have a weekly total so far of 63,115 against 67,782 this time last week. I've got to get around 19,000 steps today if I am going to beat last week's total! I blame the "Beast from the East" and Storm Emma.
This discussion has been closed.