What is the nastiest thing you've ever eaten?

Replies

• Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    I was watching Supersizers go which is a british show were they go edwardian,victorian, ancient rome, twenties, eighties etc. They dress up like the time period and eat just like the time period for a week, and the edwardian one they ate some pretty disgusting stuff, a lot of jellied and pickled things. Very high fat, rich edwardians ate about 5000 calories a day. It was an interesting show
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    edited July 2017
    Oh as a pure breed Viking still living in Iceland I win this game.

i'll see your iceland and raise you a temperate rain forest. [you win, actually]

never ever drink from last night's cold coffee pot when you wake up (camping). there's this giant-slug thing that happens here, see.

ETA: honourable mention to cheemo brand perogies. i bought some once and could not believe they were legally 'allowed' to be food for humans.
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Priobitics, good for you, still can't "stomache" the idea and act of purposefully eating bacteria.
  • wizzybeth
    wizzybeth Posts: 3,573 Member
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    emdeesea wrote: »
    Salmiak. It's salty licorice candy I had in Iceland. Completely disgusting.

I had those while I was in the Netherlands. I agree completely disgusting. As if black licorice wasn't bad enough on it's own.

OMG I can totally eat both all day long! Love salty liqorice YUMMY!

I have never liked black licorice, good n plentys, or anise...........yucky yuck but god I can't even imagine it salty.......horrifying. lol definitely an acquired taste. I guess I shouldn't knock it until I try it though......time for a trip to the Netherlands!

I would definitely eat licorice, salty or not, over some of the other horrifying things shared in this thread. Salty licorice seems pretty tame to me
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    It was medicine, it smelled and tasted horrible, I had to fight it from coming back up, and I had to drink it several times
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Oh, there's a list, lol:
    • Cow tongue (bland, tasteless.. texture is terrible)
    • Cow heart (rubbery, awful.. hard to chew)
    • Durian (imagine the worst smelling thing you can, mix it with a sweet scent and imagine eating that and it having a custard like texture)
    • Pickled eggplant (it's inedible)
    • Kombucha (whoever thinks these probiotic drinks taste good obviously have no taste buds)
    • Fish and/or sheep eyeballs (texture is terrible.. ugh! Taste isn't really notable)
    • Maggots
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    I ate 1/3 of a Heath bar and then saw the itty bitty maggots in the remaining 2/3

So gross.
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 896 Member
    I ate a small live lizard while I was in the Army. Yuck.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Oh, there's a list, lol:
    • Cow tongue (bland, tasteless.. texture is terrible)
    • Cow heart (rubbery, awful.. hard to chew)
    • Durian (imagine the worst smelling thing you can, mix it with a sweet scent and imagine eating that and it having a custard like texture)
    • Pickled eggplant (it's inedible)
    • Kombucha (whoever thinks these probiotic drinks taste good obviously have no taste buds)
    • Fish and/or sheep eyeballs (texture is terrible.. ugh! Taste isn't really notable)
    • Maggots

I LOVE kombucba. However I made 9 jars of konbucha that tasted like *kitten* before I found a recipe that was yummy. And my tummy doesn’t hurt anymore.

Why did you eat maggots? I’m curious the story that led you there.

Kombucha is gross. I've tried mostly commercial varieties and they are all terrible. Mostly taste like vinegar.

The maggots? Yeah, not intentional. My mum packed my lunches when I was younger and apparently did not date check nor inspect the things she was putting in my lunches. She packed up a bit of Cheezits along with a sandwich and an apple and the Cheezits had little maggots living in them. Accidentally ate a bunch with my lunch before I looked and realized the little white wriggly things in there. :confounded:
  • cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    I guess I'm in the minority of saying that some kind of smelly cheese (directly from France) was the worst thing I've ever attempted to eat. I took a small piece & as soon as I put it in my mouth I started sweating & gagging. It tasted like I licked the floor of a moldy basement!!! Otherwise I love cheese, but anything that reminds me of mold just stay away :s
  • fatguy_fitness
    fatguy_fitness Posts: 195 Member
    Chocolate covered ants...couldn't get the taste out of my mouth.
    Mountain Dew mixed with cigarette ashes/butts.
    Black Olives
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Oh as a pure breed Viking still living in Iceland I win this game.
    ETA: honourable mention to cheemo brand perogies. i bought some once and could not believe they were legally 'allowed' to be food for humans.

Omg, I love Cheemo perogies! My parents fed them to me when I was little.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    I had forgotten I posted this lol, man there is some disgusting stuff here!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Chittlins.....smelled like something that encased poop :s
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Bought this a few months ago. Tasted like butt sweat.

861782000103-1.jpg

• zumbalinda22
    zumbalinda22 Posts: 182 Member
    Love kombucha! Don't really like the bottled ones- l prefer the ones on tap, like at Vitamin Shoppe. My German mom loved this soft cheese that literally translates into "stink cheese"-- very aptly named! It smelled like dirty gym socks that you left in a bag in your car trunk when the temperature was in the 90s Fahrenheit!! My sister and I would RUN when she took it out! Could never bring myself to taste it.... Loved this German coldcut called "blutwurst"- then discovered it was made with blood! I advise learning German before trying some of their luncheon meats!
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Should I just tag her, or..?
  • dmcnur
    dmcnur Posts: 157 Member
    It was a live grub worm out of an old rotten log. You had to chew it fast or swallow it whole or they could bite your tongue. I was blind folded & it was part of an initiation into a camping fraternity.
    Unfortunately for me, the year after I got in, they stopped using real worms & used cooked shrimp rolled around in coffee grounds & made initiates just think it was a real grub. That would have been so much easier to choke down. Now they don't even have to do that to get in. Their pansies now.

nwh9nc8pbhna.jpg

Sounds like a witchetty grub!!! An Australian bush food. I have never tried one and have no intention of ever doing so. Ugh.